InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ His Woman ❯ Author's Note! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes regarding His Woman:

Sorry! Not a new chapter, this is really a one-shot. Just a note regarding this story. Since I had more than a couple people asking why Kagome's death would help defeat Naraku and why did Koga have to throw her body in the well, I thought I would just let you guys know where my mind was going in this, just in case it was a bit too vague.

In theory, Kagome doesn't really belong to the Sengoku Jidai, does she? She is Kikyo's reincarnation, born (I assume) with the sacred jewel implanted in her body for safe keeping. It is Kagome's sacred duty, just like Kikyo's, to keep that jewel safe and pure. Having failed in this storyline, her duty is incomplete.

Kagome will be born again in 500 years, even if she dies in the Sengoku Jidai. By killing her and throwing her remains in the Bone-eater's Well, itself a kind of spiritual portal, Koga ensures that she will reincarnate, come through the well again, and do the whole damn thing over. Her duty is two-fold, not only to protect the jewel, that could have been accomplished by never coming through the well. But Inuyasha would have remained sealed to the tree possibly forever, all the people they rescued and influenced would have died, and Naraku would be free to continue his evil without challenge.

She could have very well done this numerous times, it would explain why she feels such an intense bond with Inuyasha. Anyway, that's my take on the subject, hope that clears up a few things. Temporal mechanics give me a headache.

Thanks for reading,

Love, Wheez