InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hopeless ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: Hey! I decided to post this story here as I did on Ff.net. Review!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own!
 
“Mommy!” A little form of Inuyasha ran to a well-dressed woman. She smiled gently as the little boy tugged at the hem of her gray skirt. She patted his head with her hand gently before continuing on with her conversation. His clothes had holes in the knees and they were soiled in many places. “Mommy.” He said a little quieter.
 
She ignored him and continued to talk. His ears drooped as his mother gently pushed him away. The woman she was talking had given him a harsh glare, but his mother again ignored it.
 
He walked silently back to his toy ball. With no one else around to play with he bounced it softly and ran after it. He was careful not to puncture the ball with his tiny baby claws. Being as young as he was he couldn't comprehend why he got all of those disapproving looks.
 
He wasn't completely human. He was half demon. He was conceived one night when his mother got drunk and slept with a demon. She tried to pass it off as Takemaru's son, but he didn't buy it and left her soon afterward.
 
Being a stubborn woman she refused to give her child up or give the child to his father. For the next couple of years she found herself not knowing what to do with the little half demon child so she often ignored him. In a way she was deathly ashamed of him and made sure he didn't come out of the house unless it was absolutely necessary.
 
The other woman left with her big nose in the air. Izyoia glared at her little half demon child. She walked over to him silently and with the grace of a woman with her heritage. She stopped a few feet from him. She took a slow deep breath. Her eyes trailed the ball that was rolling toward her. She stepped on the ball to keep it from rolling.
 
“Inuyasha.” Her voice dripped with untold disgust for her child that ran up to her. Inuyasha looked up at his mother innocently and smiled. One ear was flopped down. He still was trying to learning to keep his ears up. They were hadn't gained the stiffness as of yet to keep them straight as he would when he would be as an adult.
 
“Mommy.” He blinked and raised his hands up in the air for her to pick him up. He stood on his tiptoes in an attempt to make it easier for her to pick him up. His eyes begged silently. She slowly raised her hand and struck him in the face. He fell and landed on his back hard. She glared down at him as he looked up at her with eyes full of hurt and tears. His cheek was turning red as he rubbed it gently.
 
“You little brat! Never interrupt me during a conversation and as I said before no one wants to hear what you have to stay.” She roughly grabbed his arm and dragged him into the house. “You need to learn that. If I didn't have more guests coming over today I'd give you a proper punishment. I'm going to put you into the dark room until I think of a proper punishment.” She opened a cellar door in the middle of the floor after she rolled away the carpet and dangled him over the opening. Tears streamed down his face.
 
“Please Mommy! Not the dark room!” He cried. She smiled wickedly.
 
“You need to learn your place and you don't talk period. For that I'm going to add to your punishment.” She smiled as she dropped her child into the dark cellar. She smiled when she heard a satisfying thump and cry of pain. She closed the cellar and locked it from the outside. She rolled the carpet over it. She walked away with no thoughts of her son.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
 
The bell rang through out the schoolyard. Inuyasha opened his eyes slowly. He silently groaned as he jumped out of the tree. He stalked silently into his classroom. Students poured in one after the other like a buffalo stampede. He sat in the back of the classroom.
 
He didn't talk to anyone and no one dared talked to him. Not that he would talk anyway. He was lucky in the fact that in this particular school year most of his teachers weren't biased against demons or half demons. His mother, outs of spite made him go to an all-human school.
 
Some of the students were nice to him or they pretended to be, but he still didn't talk to them. In all honesty he forgot how to talk and there were painful memories tied with talking. His teacher Keade was one of the very few teachers that offered to teach him lessons without being forced to so he usually got stuck with them. The tardy bell rang as Sango and Miroku rushed into the classroom.
 
“I'm glad you two could join us to day. All the seats are taken except those by Inuyasha so go sit your gluteousmaximuses down.” Keade frowned at them before writing on the blackboard.
 
“Yes Ma'am” They both bowed pitifully before sitting in front and behind of Inuyasha leaving the seat to his right empty.
 
Review!