InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hush ❯ Hush ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hush

One Shot -
by: Anubis_himura11th 2004

Many years had passed, Kagome had done just as Inuyasha predicted. Kagome became a lawyer, and was one of the most respect lawyers in Tokyo. Inuyasha and Kagome had had their share of turmoil in their many days together. Many break ups, and make-ups followed the couple throughout their life. Most of the time they were broken up, deciding it was best to be friends - usually Inuyasha's decision. Somehow their overwhelming desire to be with one another got in the way of their friendship and they'd be dating again. Ever since the jewel was complete and Kagome had to go back to her own time; things were never quite the same. Tonight, things were no different - the Cosmo's were busy at work on the couple as they lay asleep. . .

~*~ "Grinding my teeth as I'm falling asleep close to midnight
tucked in my bed, by the side of the woman I'm with
it's safe for her to tell me everything she feels
I will just lay, I will not run away from her now.

So she whispers in my ear, love she has felt for so long
cause she knows I'm in my dreams
where all the wild things have gone"~*~

Inuyasha was having trouble finding slumber on this cold October night. He opened his eye's and gazed at the beauty sleeping beside him. He wanted to tell Kagome that he loved her. Even though they had been dating off and on for many years, he doubted she knew the truth. Kagome stirred beside him and he closed his eye's quickly, pretending he was asleep. Her soft words echoed through his head, and he tried not to show emotion on his face. Though her pain tore him apart inside.

"And she says;
'Hush, you need to hush,
it isn't time to wake,
I have so much to say that I cannot tell you when your
here, when you are here, looking into my eyes,
and holding onto me cause I know you will leave me
alone'"

Kagome smiled at Inuyasha, she closed her eyes and gently draped her arm around his waist, determined to find a peaceful sleep.

Inuyasha felt her arm around him and contemplated speaking to her. He wanted to say everything that had never been spoken between them, but merely understood. He knew she was right, he couldn't bring himself to stay with her, he knew she deserved better. *Then why does she love you?* his mind asked him. *Because, she has been traumatized by me* His mind replied. This battle between his two halves had been happening since the day he almost killed Kagome when he was in his demon form.

After many hours of battling with himself Inuyasha looked at the clock; it was now almost five.

"Morning will come we'll wake up with the sun, just like always
I will get up leaving her alone in our bed
and everything will just continue like it has,
I will remain unaware of the pain that she feels,
cause I am lost inside my mind, searching for lines to a song,
climbing through my memories,
where all of the wild things live on."

As Inuyasha was about to get up Kagome stirred again, and he continued to rest.

"And she says;
'hush, you need to hush
cause its time for me to carry on my way,
but maybe one day this will work'."

Kagome kissed Inuyasha on the cheek and got out of the bed. Inuyasha listened to her footsteps echo across the bedroom and the door open and close. Inuyasha mentally cursed himself and almost began to cry.

"Oh I let her go, I let the worst in me ruin a chance I had,
and now I will dream here alone,
but I don't want to be here alone,
no I don't want to be here alone,
no I don't want to be here alone."

Inuyasha shot his eyes open and jumped out of the bedroom. He ran down the hall frantically.

"Inuyasha? Are you feeling okay?" Kagome stood by the kitchen sink, apparently getting a glass of water.

"Kagome." he felt himself relax slightly. "I thought you had left."

"Silly," was her only comment.

"Kagome, listen to me. I love you." Kagome had never heard him say that before. He had often said he cared deeply or he loved her eyes, hair etc. . . but never 'I love you'. "This, breaking-up and making-up thing is driving me insane, and I know it's my fault. But I was afraid that you would leave me so I left you." he laughed at his stupidity, "I know I am stupid, but please know I love you. Please stay with me, and let me take care of you; for the rest of our lives."

Kagome's eye's filled with tears and she smiled happily. "I love you Inuyasha. I love you so much!" she hugged Inuyasha close to her, she couldn't have been happier.



Aww, come on that was kind of cute. ^-^ Okay so I originally wrote this as an ending to Cabin by the Lake . . . but since i hated that story (haha) as well as I'm sure most everyone else did; i decided to just make it a one shot instead because I like that song mwahahahaha! La-di-da! Anyway, I am planning on rewriting Cabin by the Lake; mainly cause I like the idea, but i hated how it turned out. And I've been told by many people to never give up on a piece, just come back to it later (or something like that) so here I am; preparing to go back to it. *sigh* anyway, love you all! (upon later reflection though . . . a lot of people actually liked CBTL . . . maybe I'll leave it alone *shrug*) ^_^

Aww yes, thank you Chris Grace for the song 'Hush'. . . I got this free CD in the mail from Tremor it kind of rocks haha. Anyway *go to www.tremor.com and sign up look I am doing my job of advertising! yay!* what now? :-/ oh yeah The Space Time Continuum yay hehe! You all have a lovely day, hope you liked the story ^_^ Now off to estudia espanol (as you can see I need mucho worko *wink*)