InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hymn for the Missing ❯ Hymn 30 ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hymn 30

~oOo~

Eventually, however, reality always finds a way to intrude, and their erstwhile companions managed to track them down.

With an excited yell, Shippo leapt from Miroku's shoulder to Kagome's arms and snuggled into her, firing questions at her a mile a minute.  Sango and Miroku, while smiling, were also looking like they were about to throw out a million questions as well...

Inuyasha, however, in a complete turn-around from his usual embarrassment at showing real, honest affection, refused to let go of Kagome, instead sitting down and pulling her into his lap for the coming question and answer session.

Sweetly flushed, smiling shyly, Kagome simply snuggled into his embrace, and ignoring the others raised brows, waited for the first question.

Before anyone could say anything, however, a powerful aura swelled over them, and Sesshoumaru stepped into sight with Rin, and surprisingly, Kohaku behind him.  

Apparently, after Magatsuhi had killed Naraku, Sesshoumaru had tracked Kohaku's body to the cave, and he'd revived him – the inuyoukai refused to let someone cause him to fail in a self-imposed duty.  And he'd chosen to protect the young slayer from Naraku.

Since that was the case, it was his duty to return Kohaku to life – or so he felt.

Not caring about the jewel itself, he'd simply left it laying where it was, and moved a little bit away from the cave to guard it until his brother's group could come along and retrieve it.

Imagine his surprise when his brother's and Kagome's auras showed up in the cave without approaching it from the outside...

He also wanted answers.

And so, Kagome began to talk, telling everyone about what had happened to her from the moment she'd awoken inside the jewel.

It was an incredible tale, and once it was told, those in the cave that day knew they'd never forget it.  Once the explanation was finished, Sesshoumaru rose to take his leave, Kohaku choosing to stay behind to begin making amends to his sister.

Sango chose to honor her promise to wed the monk and bear his children...

Converting /tmp/phpSbsjJu to /dev/stdout