InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Am the Moon ❯ Not Short; Vertically Challenged ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Legal Disclaimer - I do not own Inuyasha or any of the related characters. They are all property of Rumiko Takahashi.

Just a small recap:

"I think that it is now time to put an end to your pathetic interference," Kagura said, and raised her fan once more; Kagome and the rest prepared for the worst.

But Kagura did not move, and neither did the group of travelers. There was a rustle, a sharp sound like something breaking, and then a large intake of air.

"Omigawd! I thought I was gonna suffocate in there…" a voice cried out.

It was sort of shrilly and childish, as if it belonged to a kid around the age of seven or so. Everyone's attention turned towards the sound and their eyes fell upon a pair of gorgeous, honey-colored eyes staring innocently back at them through a curtain of silver bangs . . .

Chapter 2 - Not Short, Vertically Challenged

The child stood up, and looked around at the debris around him. There were huge slashes covering the ground along with rocks and sharp pieces of splintered wood lying everywhere on the grass that would normally be green, but now had turned a nasty shade of brown from burning beneath the wind sorceress's attacks. He looked surprised, and then an expression of knowing came across his youthful face. Then came anger.

"What the hell? What's the big idea, huh?! I was just sitting here, minding my own damn business, and then you people come along and totally destroyed my territory! I'm not gonna let you get away with it!" he snapped, taking a battle pose that looked shockingly familiar to Kagome and the rest of the group.

Kagura merely turned around and sent a cold, icy stare at the young boy. He twitched, and then laughed nervously.

"Heh, heh. What I meant was, make yourself at home. I'll just be going now. Yup. Over thataway," he said, and proceeded to run off in the other direction.

The wind sorceress grabbed him by the collar of his red haori, preventing him from moving any further. The child muttered a nearly silent, "Uh oh."

"You, kid. What's your name," Kagura demanded; Kagome and the others merely watched from a distance.

"Nunya business," he replied, sticking out his tongue.

Kagura whipped him around and grabbed his jaw in a pincer-like grip.

"I'd advise you to tell me, lest your already shortened life become even shorter," Kagura threatened.

"You know, you spit when you talk. My eye was open too," he pointed out; Kagura flinched slightly while Miroku could hardly contain his laughter.

"Listen, you demon brat-" she began, but was cut off.

"That's half-demon to you, devil lady," he corrected; Kagura's eye twitched.

"Why you little-" Kagura began again.

"Your wrinkles show when you're angry," he said "just to let you know."

Kagura was so infuriated by now that she whipped out her ogi and screamed, Fuujin no mai!"

When the dust from the attack settled on the beaten ground, there was no sign of the obnoxious little hanyou brat anywhere. Kagura looked around, searching for the source of her current anger.

"Whatchya lookin' for there?" a voice asked from behind her.

Kagura turned and saw the cyan-haired boy standing there casually, playing with her fan. That's when she noticed that her faithful ogi no longer resided in her right hand. She gawked at both her hand and then the fan, and then back again.

"Are you impersonating a fish? Because you kinda look like this right now," he informed her, making his expression identical to hers.

"Give that back you little cur!" Kagura cried, and lunged after him.

"Hee, hee. Catch me if you can!" he said, and started to run around with Kagura on his heels.

"You know, Kagura's attitude is not that cocky when she doesn't have that fan of hers," Shippo mused from Kagome's shoulder, watching both demons run in circles; it looked like fun to the young Kitsune.

"Kagome-sama, you don't think that-" Miroku began.

"Kagome-chan, isn't that child, Inuyasha?" Sango asked, finishing Miroku's thought.

"Ano . . ." Kagome murmured, watching the scene before her.

Surely there were resemblances, both in mind and in attitude. It appeared as if this kid was a younger version of the Inuyasha they were so used to. But then again . . . it couldn't have been Inuyasha. That child laughed and smiled so carefree, as if he had not seen the same horrors that Inuyasha had. And those eyes were so bright and innocent, not the usual, sad-knowing eyes the real Inuyasha possessed. Was this . . . was this how Inuyasha used to be? Before everything? Before death, before hate, before sadness? Could it possibly be him . . . .?

She was brought back into reality when Kagura's curses began to fill the air once more.

"Wretched beast! I am Kagura, the wind sorceress and minion to the all-powerful demon, Naraku. I will not be outdone by the likes of you!" Kagura shouted, and stopped her pursuit when the child started to smile.

"Wow. You're a minion? That's so cool! I've always wanted to be a minion! Can I be a minion with you? Please, please, please? Minions are awesome! I can be a good minion. What's a minion?" he asked after his rant, making everyone fall over anime style.

"Why you . . ." Kagura growled angrily under her breath.

"How much do minions get paid?" he inquired, totally serious; big sweatdrop from Kagura.

"Minions don't get paid. They are in it for the sole reason as their master," a voice said from behind the kid.

He turned and saw a man dressed in purple and blue walking towards him with a golden staff in his left hand.

"Wow, that sucks. Hey, I don't want to be a minion anymore because it's a crappy paying job," the child informed the defeated wind sorceress on the ground.

Kagura decided that she'd just get out of there before she started to sprout grey hairs from all the stress. She threw a feather into the air and jumped on it, grabbing her fan along the way from the unsuspecting half-demon before her. And as she started to fly away, she said, "We will meet again."

"Buh-bye, devil lady," the child waved enthusiastically at her fleeing figure.

He then turned and looked at the rest of the people standing there. Five sets of eyes were locked on him.

"Hullo," he said with a grin.

"Hello there. What's your name, little boy?" Miroku asked; the kid glared at him.

"I'm not little," he pointed out.

"You sure do look short to me," Miroku said.

"I'm not short; I'm vertically challenged," he answered smartly.

"Nice use of the euphemism there," Miroku complimented him.

"Yeah, whatever. Go and whip out the big words out on me why don'tchya?" he said, crossing his arms across his chest in a very, very familiar gesture.

Something twitched beneath his hair and then the group finally figured out that they were . . .

"COKAWAII!" Sango and Kagome shouted, throwing themselves unto the cute and now very scared little kid.

"W-Wha?!" he cried, as both (very gorgeous) woman began to pet and massage the silky little dog ears on the top of his head.

Shippo looked like he was ready to burst out laughing, Miroku looked jealous, and the inu-youkai appeared quite clueless about the whole scenario. And that's when everyone knew that this was their Inuyasha.

Pbpbpbpbpbpbp

Okay, I know that was short, but that's the best that I can write today. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know everyone is really OOC, but what can I say? This is supposed to bring good laughs, a couple good cries, and a whole lotta squealing from you Inuyasha fangirls (and boys) out there.

Now it's time for the second Edition of Nihongo no Kurasu (Japanese Class):

Ogi - fan

Kokawaii or Cokawaii - "So cute!"

Kawaii - cute

Fuujin no Mai - "Wind Blades Dance"

And, I believe that's all.

Well, I hope everyone's happy that I updated. I'd appreciate some reviews!! ^_^ I am a starving artist here, so if you like this, please say so. And if you don't, just not review. That way, I can update all my other fics that people LIKE. So please, just send a review, or an e-mail my way!

Know that flames will be used to set fire to the book: "Lord Of The Flies" which I am reading in my English class. Booorrrring… -_-zzz

All nice reviewers will receive some of my super duper, spectacular, excellent, scrumptious, yummy, cappuccino cream pie that I made. It's really good, so review and you get some. It goes like this: -dressed as a teacher in front of a chalkboard-

-points at board-

reviews = new, longer chapters and pie (not 3.14)

So, there you have it. TAKE MY BRIBE! ~runs of giggling madly…

~The RANDOM Queen.

Thanks, and see you soon!