InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Didn't Know I Was Waiting For You ❯ Rememering Love ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou everyone………

I'm so happy everyone is enjoying my story, I really didn't expect to get any feedback and what I have been getting is making my heart swoon with pleasure. Yea yippy woo whoo! (Jumping for joy)

I'm sorry for making everyone wait for this chapter. I had hell work (42 hrs in 4 days) and a gaming convention in town this weekend. (Yea Origins rocks) In 96 hours I got a total of 18 hours of sleep, sleep deprivation is sooooooooooo much fun (sweat drops).

So here is the next chapter……… enjoy.

Disclaimer-----DUH!

Chapter 9: Remembering Love

Kagome woke from the most intense, arousing and sad dream she'd had in a very long time. She slammed the alarm clock off and sat up. Her mind grasped at the threads of the dream as they began to unravel sadly. Then every thing rushed back to her. She remembered the dreamtime with perfect unblinking clarity. The tears rose in her eyes before she realized it. She threw herself back down into the pillows and sobbed. She wasn't aware of the loudness of her crying until Hojo lovingly gathered her into his arms.

"Gomen," she said into his shoulder as he held her tightly. Her heart was breaking all over again at loosing Inuyasha while fear ran through her soul at being rejected by Sesshoumaru. Yes she knew now that she had loved both brothers back then, but loyalty to first love kept her blinded to true love. *If he doesn't feel the same?* Her heart ached as she poured her soul into Hojo's tender embrace.

"What's wrong?" His voice was distant in her ears as she pulled herself from the well of despair that enveloped her heart.

"I'm a fool and not very happy about it right now," she said trembling. *A fool not worthy of him.*

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I blocked my inner sight and ignored my heart." *Does it really matter.* "I even had to be told by my prior incarnation that I was in love with someone." *Who can't possibly love me back.*

"What are you talking about," genuine concern and confusing coloring his words.

"Isawa Sesshoumaru IS Inuyasha's half brother and if I'd looked with my inner sight I would have known that when I saw him." *What would I have said even if I had been able to accept the knowledge?* "And I'm in love with the bastard." *What a fool I am.* Tears continued to fall.

"Are you sure?" Hojo's voice was only filled with loving concern. Kagome nodded against him *Not that it really matters.* "Well then maybe you should talk to him in class today."

Stunned Kagome sat up and looked at Hojo. He had only love and understanding shining from his eyes. "I can't do that!" her voice trembled with an emotion Hojo couldn't fully read.

"Yes you can!" Hojo's voice was filled with affectionate conviction. "You can walk up to him and say hello and go from there."

"No I can't. What would I say? What would I do if he ignores me? What would I do if he rejects me?" She nearly wailed the last and threw her arms back around Hojo.

Hojo held her and rubbed her back reassuringly. "Kagome, I know his brother broke your heart, but life is pain and heartache. If you don't talk to him you'll regret it for the rest of your life. Heartache heals with love and compassion, regret doesn't. Please Kagome I don't want your light shadowed by remorse. I love you as my sister too much to see that and not have it break my heart. Please promise you will speak with him."

Kagome raised her head from his chest and saw the sincerest love she'd ever know outside of family in his eyes. *He really wants my happiness and if it lies not with Sesshoumaru he will be here for me.* "I promise Hojo-kun."

"Then go get ready for the day and I'll make breakfast." He spoke with a friendly smile and kindly pulled her to her feet.

"Thank you Hojo-kun, for everything." She returned his smile with sisterly love as he left the room. She did the only thing she could and got ready for the day. After a shower and dressing Kagome stood by her dresser. She picked up Tetsusaiga and held it to her chest. *Give me strength to face my demons and find the love I've missed for so long.*

Sesshoumaru had been getting quite a few stares as he made his way to the university and his first class. Of course gold eyes and silver white hair was likely to cause curious stares. He'd decided that morning as he looked in his mirror to only cover his facial markings. He felt certain that when she saw him looking almost exactly as he had centuries ago would awaken the Dreamtime memories and she would remember she loved him. She was all that mattered; the other humans were of little to no consequence.

Sesshoumaru took a seat in the back row and watched the door like a hawk. He used his aura to keep people away as he watched. He knew people were murmuring about how rich snobs thought they could do whatever they wanted and not pay the price. He ignored them and simply waited, he'd grown infinitely patient over the centuries. Then she entered. Her hair was loose, flowing over a creamy beige tank top with little flowers and vines on the hems. She was wearing hip hugger skin tight black jeans which accentuated her lithe hips and shapely butt.

Kagome looked around the room nervously and her eyes widened as they met gold ones looking down at her. Her eyes were shocked, uncertain, and slightly scared. He felt a dagger enter his heart at the fear *I won't loose you!* because he never wanted to see fear in her eyes when she looked at him. He only desired what he'd seen last night in her dreams. He spoke before she ran from the room. "Kagome," his voice velvety smooth and cold, as it had been long ago. His voice caused those around him to start with fright; he didn't even realize he was using his power to cow people until their fear reached his nose. "Come sit up here beside me." He didn't intend to sound so heartless and commanding.

Her eyes changed from those of a trapped animal as she nodded at some internal decision and started up the stairs. Her eyes were starting to burn with an old remembered fury as she slowly ascended, her eyes never leaving his. She complete ignored the comments from her sides. Some people had seen her fight with Rieko and wondered how she could possibly know the newest university snob. Some just wondered why she didn't ignore him. One guy muttered, "A guy with money thinks he can get whatever he wants." Sesshoumaru listened to their comments and suppressed a growl. He wasn't about to make a mistake with her because of filthy humans like them.

She stopped a few feet from him. *Gods she's so beautiful.* Her eyes glistened with some emotion he couldn't quite place as she said in a stiff voice, "So nice of you to command me to your side Sesshoumaru-sama."

He met her glare with softer eyes than he'd shown in nearly four hundred years. Eyes filled with tenderness that should have died with Rin but he was now glad that it hadn't. "Only you Kagome, only you and Rin could use a tone without respect and get away with it." She flushed with embarrassment. "But what happened to the endearment you gave me so long ago? Are you no longer my friend?" *Please remember, don't turn or run from me. I need you as I've never needed before.*

She looked startled and met amber gold eyes that pleaded something with her. "You asked me never to use your nickname in public," she replied softly.

"That was long ago and I've grown out of such petty fears." He studied her. *She's not completely back to her old self yet. Is she truly that terrified that I don't feel for her?* He didn't like the hints of fear and desperation that marred her intoxicatingly sweet scent. He reached out a hand, not hiding his claws from her and took her hand tenderly. "I missed you Kagome-chan." It was the first time he had ever used the friendly suffix to her name and her smile startled him into smiling back, slightly. He pulled her unresisting to the seat beside him.

She looked at him, her eyes full of questions and unspeakable thoughts. He leaned over and hugged her. He inhaled her pure sweet scent as her arms enclosed him. His head was on her shoulder buried in her hair. "I cried when I thought you died using the Shikon no Tama," he whispered into her ear. He felt her surprise and a soft pleasant shiver pass through her body. *I never want to let you go my sweet Kagome*

"I'm glad you're still alive Fluffy-chan. I missed you." Her arms tightened around him. *I want to stay in your arms forever, Fluffy.*

He reluctantly released her and looked deeply into her sparkling eyes. He could see the same love in her eyes that had been in her dream self the night before. His face was hidden by a long curtain of hair from observers and he smiled at her *Just for you.* It was a soft sweet genuine smile and he was rewarded by a smile of pure love. He barely restrained himself from kissing her. "May I have the honor of taking you on a date tonight?" he asked softly, hope and desire in his eyes.

Her started nod made him repress a chuckle as he hugged her to him again. *No this time I won't loose you.* "You'll have to give me your address and phone number after class." She just nodded. He glanced at her aura. It was a spectacular display of colors. Love, happiness, fear, uncertainty and hope swirled around her faster than the winds of a tsunami. *Even in a confused state her aura is tantalizingly beautiful.* He materialized his tail and laid it in her lap. He was very happy when she started petting it with her left hand while her right hand took notes. He kept his purr sub vocal so that she could feel it through his fur but no one could hear him. Her scent continued throughout class to become sweeter and sweeter, completely blocking out the disgusting scent of the other humans in the room.

As class ended Kagome felt Sesshoumaru's tail vanish from her lap. She looked up into twinkling mischievous eyes and smiled at their owner. *I love your eyes.* Looking deeply into the clear bright suns that tenderly gazed at her Kagome felt her heart racing with desire. *Kikyou was right. I should have had faith. Thank you, Hojo-kun, for giving me the strength to try. And I thank whatever god that made Sesshoumaru decide to reveal himself to me today. Even if nothing comes out of our `date' tonight at least I'll have a friend back in my life. I hope something more comes out of this.*

She watched him stand out of the corner of her eye as she packed her backpack up. He reached out a hand, claws still not hidden from her. She looked at the offered appendage and then took it trustingly. She knew just how deadly those talons were, but she also remembered how gentle they could be as well. ~~~"Leave me be, please Sesshoumaru-sama." He ignored her and stepped beside her anyway. She continued to let the silent tears fall as she looked at him. He faced her and lifted a clawed hand to her face. He smiled softly as she accepted the talons on her cheek. "You shouldn't cry right before battle, save tears until after," he whispered as he wiped them away with a kind caress. She replied softly, "I don't know if I will able to mourn loosing him when this is all over, Sesshou-chan, so I do it now. Please let me have my tears." He had looked deeply into her eyes, "If you insist on your tears than I insist on not leaving you alone with them." He had reached clawed hands around her back and drawn her into a comforting embrace where she fell asleep with tear streaks on her cheeks.~~~

"Let me help you with that," he said as he released her hand and picked up her backpack.

"Thank you Sesshou-chan," Kagome replied with a bight smile. He draped her bag over his shoulder and took her hand as they headed out.

Kagome knew they were getting starred at quite a bit and didn't care. She was quite happy, happier than she'd been since the night Inuyasha said he loved her. She could feel jealousy flowing off the other girls and had to suppress and smirk. *Not one of those girls would have a snowball's chance in hell with Sesshoumaru. I probably don't either.* As doubt and fear began to creep into her again she felt a reassuring squeeze on her shoulder.

Sesshoumaru's arm was draped across Kagome's shoulders and her heart was swooping with pleasure at the contact. When they entered History class she smiled at Hojo and headed over to him. He had a loving smile in his eyes and a quite smirk on his lips. Hojo then starred in awe at Sesshoumaru. *No stealing Sesshoumaru before I get a chance with him.* "Hojo-kun this is Inuyasha's older half brother Sesshoumaru. Sesshou-chan this is Doji Hojo, my best friend and roommate."

She watched as Sesshoumaru extended a clawed hand and Hojo took it nervously but without actual fear. Kagome smiled at them both and sat down pulling Sesshoumaru to one side and Hojo to the other. She took out a piece of paper and wrote down the apartment's address and phone number. Then she handed it to Sesshoumaru. "Here's my address and number. What time will you be by tonight?"

His golden jewels looked deeply into her eyes with longing and unspoken desire. Kagome felt her heart pitter pattering with hope and love. "Around eight o'clock if that is alright with your schedule." She could only nod in response. Sesshoumaru smirked slightly and leaned in for a chaste kiss on her cheek, right next to her lips, before class began. Kagome swooned with wonder the rest of the day, barely noticing the world around her.

---------------------

Gets down on knees and holds hands out like she's praying. "Please please review, pretty please with sugar gumdrops on top."

Hears a growl behind her, looks at a rather large silver wolf-man, "That is no way to act. Gaia's chosen do not beg for anything, not even mercy as we die gloriously in battle."

Shina stands and glares at the wolf-man, "Shut up before I send Fluffy after you," ends my mumbling "stupid Silver Fangs think they know everything."

The werewolf growls again, Shina shifts into a sleek black cat slightly smaller than a cougar and runs off mewling, "Please review!" as the silver dire wolf follows.

(sorry role played this weekend had to get the Garou out of my system)