InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Have To Do What? ❯ (Chapter2) ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey it's Koshinky again. I'm sorry for the short chapter I'm so sorry. **Dodges evil flying monkeys**. Oh, and sorry about spelling Kagome's last name wrong. Ok, well I think I'm gonna continue.

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha

Chapter 2

Kagome and Inuyasha just sat there staring at each other, while Kaede watched them. "Children, will you please pay attention?" Kaede asked, trying to get them to listen to her. "Now, why do ye wish to speak with me?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I was wondering if I would be allowed to stay here, or if anyone in your village wanted some help?" Kagome asked, looking like she was going to cry if the answer was no.

"I would also like to stay in this village. I have nowhere else to go, and I would like to stay here." Inuyasha said before Kaede could answer Kagome.

"Ye can stay here, but only on one condition. I want to know who ye both know each other." Kaede told them. 'This should be an interesting answer.'

"I don't know her. I only know someone with the same name as her. She was my fiancée, but I never actually met her. It was an arranged marriage." Inuyasha answered, looking like he was going to kill something, or someone.

'I wonder who he is so angry with?' Kaede wondered. Then she noticed Kagome's face, how shocked she looked. 'Could this be the same girl?'

"Y-you were engaged to someone with the same name as me? That's funny, because I was engaged to someone with your name. Wait, are you-?" Kagome was cut off by Inuyasha's hand covering her mouth. Now that he knew he could stay here he wasn't going to stay polite.

"If you are the same person then you know why I ran away, and I know why you ran away. No one else needs to know. Got that?" Inuyasha growled.

"So you are him?" She whispered, showing no fear that he was going to hurt her. "I won't tell if you don't. Oh, you must think I'm a really mean person, I want you to know that it wasn't because of you that I left. I left because I was very mad at my mother."

That was exactly what Inuyasha had been thinking. "Oh, well same here. My father was saying that I had to marry, and I really didn't want to. I didn't even know you."

"Excuse me, but are ye going to tell me what ye mean by 'when I ran away'?" Kaede asked, interrupting them.

Both Inuyasha and Kagome jumped, forgetting that Kaede was there. "Oh, um.." Inuyasha said, not sure what to tell her.

"Inuyasha and I were engaged to be married before we both ran away. We must have been thinking along the same lines when we ran away because we both came here." Kagome told her, only keeping the fact that they were royalty to herself.

Inuyasha nodded his head in agreement and asked, "Are we still allowed to stay here?"

"Yes, only because it isn't safe for children to be wandering around alone in this world. You both will be staying with me, but you will have to share a room. You will have separate beds, but not until tomorrow. Now, Kagome, how old are you?" Kaede told them.

"I'm 9 years old." Kagome said proudly.

"How old are ye Inuyasha?" Kaede asked.

"I am 10." He said simply.

"All right. Now, starting tomorrow ye will both have to do chores. I am getting old, and I need help around the house. Inuyasha since you are a half demon you will do most of the lifting. Kagome, ye will do most of the housework. Now, today I want ye both to go around the village and get used to the surroundings. Make sure ye stick together."

Inuyasha and Kagome got up and walk out of the hut. Looking around the decided to go into the village first, and then look around the woods that were near the village. As they went down to the village, all Inuyasha could do was think about was how the people would feel about him. All his life he had been talked about behind his back. People thought he was weak, or that he was too strong. It was always the same. Stuck in-between the worlds. 'But Kagome doesn't seem afraid of me. I wonder how long that will last.'

Inuyasha and Kagome entered the village, and everyone got quiet. "I- Inuyasha, why are they staring at us?" Kagome asked him in a hushed voice. She could her the mummer of their voices, but not what they were saying.

Unlike Kagome, Inuyasha could here what they were saying. "They're not sure if I'm a full demon or half demon, and the want to know if we are the ones staying at Miko Kaede's hut." Inuyasha whispered back.

When Kagome heard the part about whether or not he was demon or half demon she got confused. "Why does it matter whether or not your demon or half demon?" She asked, totally confused.

"If I'm a demon they will know that I'm to be respected, if I'm a half demon they think that I'm just a freak." Inuyasha told her, making her even more confused.

"...." Right when Kagome was going to answer she heard something make a splat noise. She looked at Inuyasha to see a surprised expression on his face, and a tomato juice on his face.

Ha! The chappy is over and the monkeys are gone. So to show you that i'm grateful and that the monkeys are gone CHOCOLATE COOKIES FOR EVERYONE!!!!!