InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I'm Teaching Myself To Dream ❯ Learning ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm Teaching Myself To Dream

Disclaimer: Don't own Inuyasha or any of the songs, lyrics, music, all songs are work done by geniuses who I think are awesome, so please, Don't sue me. I still have `Phillip' and I am very fond of it. Please do not take this little slice of happiness away from me… *sniff sniff* ~_~

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm Teaching Myself To Dream

Chapter 5: "Learning"

"Uh, guys?" Sango said glancing around. "Where is Kirara *Miroku stiffens but it goes unnoticed* and Shippo?"

"I dunno." Inuyasha said looking around. "I told him to go into the kitchen..." He smacked his forehead with the palm of his head. "I knew that was a bad idea."

"Who's Shippo?" Souta asked.

"He's a fox demon who looks like a ten-year-old human." He nodded his head in the direction in the kitchen. "He was supposed to go in the kitchen and look for your sister."

"Oh," Souta said. "Well you're not-"

A bang was heard from the kitchen and everyone's attention was directed to that sound.

"What was that?" Souta asked.

"I dunno." Inuyasha said as he headed for the kitchen with the others following close behind.

^_^

"What the heck happened in here?" Souta yelled gaping, along with the other members, at the kitchen.

If you could even call it that.

All the cupboards were open, with food and Tupperware spilling out of it. The counters were covered with "Reese's Puffs" and "Saltines" crackers, and a "Capn' Crunch" `waterfall' was flowing freely from the top shelf. Chairs were thrown against walls and the oven was open, pots and pans were laid out all over the kitchen. Crumbs and bits of bread, crackers, cereal, fruit, and any other kind of food were on the floor. Everything was a mess.

"My mom's so gonna kill me…" Souta whispered.

"We'll help you clean up, Souta." Sango put a hand on his shoulder. "As soon as we find Shippo and Kirara." Sango said glancing around the room.

"That little twerp! I told him not to touch anything!" Inuyasha yelled.

As the cast marveled at what was left at the kitchen, they heard something that sounded like a hand banging on a wall.

"What was that?" Souta asked nervously, suddenly wishing he still had his frying pan with him.

"It sounded like it came from over here," Inuyasha said as he walked up to the fridge. "What is this?" He asked, looking at the giant white box that he had only seen once before.

"The fridge?" Souta said warily and walked up next to him with the others following close behind.

The banging sound continued.

"There it is again!" Sango said.

"On three," Souta said as he put a hand on the handle. "One, two, three-" He swung the door open at lightening fast speed with the Inuyasha gang around him. All of them were surprised at what they saw on the bottom shelf in the fridge. One human-Shippo-popscicle.

"C-cook-k-kiees? A-nnnn-y-one?"

^_^

Shippo sat on the clean kitchen counter thawed out, dried off, with a little cold.

"S-sorry S-souta. *Achoo! *"

Souta, who was busy with the rest of the gang cleaning up said: "Don't worry about it Shippo. You didn't know what any of this stuff was, it's not like I expect you to know what not to touch in stuff." He dipped his washcloth in water and wrung it out. "In fact, considering experiences with Inuyasha," Souta paused for a second and looked at Inuyasha. Inuyasha, who had been wiping another counter, turned a very interesting shade of red.

`Probably remembering the time I tried to get him to take a bath.' Souta thought. `That's when he barged into Kagome's room naked.' Souta had to stop him self from smiling. `Those were the good ol' days.'

"I don't think you would take some of the stuff here in the future too well." Souta said going back to wiping the counters.

Everyone was looking at the cherry-red-tomato, a.k.a. Inuyasha, but didn't ask.

When everyone was done, they sat at the kitchen table, which was fixed. Because Everyone except Inuyasha and Souta was used to sitting on the ground and not at a table, it was a new experience for them. Little did they know there were MILLIONS of new experiences waiting for them. (He, He, He)

Author's Note: I know this is illogical but in this story I'm making Inuyasha look 21, in human and in half-demon form. I know because of his half-demon blood his aging process is slower, but it would be weird if Inuyasha looked 17 and Kagome 19. So bear with me people, picture everyone around 4 years older. I thought Shippo was like, 6, not in Youkai-Years. But you know, picture Inuyasha 21. I'm sorry if everyone is OOC, but I try to keep the characters the same as much as possible. Also, just to clarify this, it's July now, and the spell will wear off around the end of August.

Souta sighed. He was so lucky his mom wasn't there to see the mess that they cleaned up. He leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. Then something hit his nose, something wet and cold. He scrunched up his face and crossed his eyes looking at his nose. Something else hit his nose. He sat up in his chair and touched his nose.

Sango noticed this and asked "What's wrong Souta?"

Souta looked at his index finger. "Water."

"Huh?" Everyone looked at him confused.

"Water was dripping…" He slowly looked up at the ceiling and his eyes widened. His gaze was followed by the others.

UH-OH.

In a mad dash Souta ran out of the kitchen followed by the others. All of them ran up the stairs with Souta in the lead. The hall way carpet was soaked. And the bathroom door was had water spilling out.

"AAAAaaaah!!!" souta screamed running for the bathroom. The others followed, and Sango was feeling uneasy.

When Souta got in the bathroom he looked around. At first he was too scared to move but then, as fast as he could go, he ran over to the bathtub faucets and turned them off. The mirrors and windows were steamed up and foggy so you couldn't see. Steam was clouded at the top of the ceiling and slowly drifting out into the hallway because of the open door. The floor had about an inch to two inches of water. The tub was filled all the way and had become a Niagara Falls in the bathroom. He reached his hand down in the water and searched for the plug to the drain. When he found it he pulled it up. Slowly the water was sucked down the drain, going in a small whirlpool until all of it was gone. When Souta found that he could breathe again, he managed to speak.

"Like I said, I don't expect you guys to know everything around here,"

`1, 2, 3, 4, 5… breathe Souta breathe.'

"Just please," He laid his head down on the edge of the tub. "Please don't touch anything!"

The cast mumbled out incoherent apologies, you could only make out some of the words. Can you guess which is which? ^__^

"Frying pan."

"Damn shoe."

"Stupid water."

"Just wanted cookies."

Souta regained himself and stood up.

"Okay I have to clean this mess up, you guys go downstairs and watch TV Inuyasha, you show them what to do." He looked at Inuyasha and Inuyasha nodded. "I'm going to order a pizza for us to eat, I'm sure my mom won't mind."

Everyone just gave him confused looks.

"Pizza. Round piece of bread with sauce and cheese on it." He drew a circle with his hands and pretended to spread out cheese over the imaginary pizza. "You never heard of it. Of course." Souta smacked himself in the forehead. "Uh, it's something we eat."

Now everyone understood. (^__^)

Souta sent the others into the living room to watch the "black box", while he called two large pizzas. After the pizza place told them it was ready in a half an hour, Souta found the broom and cleaned up the new lake in the bathroom.

^_^

"But I want to watch the show about the blue bunnies! (Tiny Toons)"

"Keh! Like I care! I'm the only one who knows how to use the remote so I'm in control of the TV"

Kirara was content on Sango's lap, sending glares at Miroku every now and then. Sango and Miroku stopped trying to get say in what to watch a long time ago. Shippo however, thought that there was still a chance of Inuyasha giving in. But Inuyasha was very interested in his action movie and wasn't about to let anything interfere with it. No matter how tempting Miroku's suggestion about watching something educational on baboons was, he was sticking to the but-kicking movie.

"But Inuyasha! No one else wants to watch this!" Shippo insisted.

"Do you think I care?" Inuyasha said looking at a guy getting punched.

`Stupid idiot, I could've blocked that. Humans are so weak.' He thought. `Wait, I'm human, damnitt!' While Inuyasha was thinking a noise surprised him. Him and everyone else were snapped out of their thoughts when they heard a DING-DONG!

Everyone was up in a matter of nano-seconds. All screaming and getting into `Kung-fu' battle positions. Souta came running down the stairs.

"You guys!" He said running for the door. "It's fine! It's only the pizza!"

Everyone relaxed a little and got out of battle mode.

"Mmmm…" Shippo moaned. "I can smell it from here, it smells good!"

Souta opened the door and paid the man. He brought the pizzas into the kitchen and set them on the table. Everyone, who had kept out of sight, was now surrounding the boxes that smelled so good.

"Okay, here you go." He opened the first box, which was half pepperoni and half cheese. "I'll give you all one of each so you can decide which one you like best."

After everyone was set, and Souta had taught them all the correct "etiquette" of eating pizza, his face turned grim.

"You guys," he said sadly. "There's something I gotta tell ya."

"What's that?" Inuyasha said with his mouth full.

"It's… about my sister."

Everyone stopped chewing and listened intently.

"Kagome, you see… she left. You're not going to find her here."

"What?" Inuyahsa whispered.

"She's… in America."