InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Need You ❯ Please, Let Me Stay ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha, its characters or any quotes I may use.
 
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: PLEASE, LET ME STAY
 
The orb suddenly disappeared and Sesshomaru rushed to Rin's side. InuYasha and Shippo right behind him.
Sesshomaru knelt next to Rin and gently touched her face. Shippo and InuYasha crowded over his shoulder, “Is she alright?” Shippo whispered.
“Rin?” Sesshomaru said softly.
Rin's eyelids fluttered then slowly opened.
Seeing Sesshomaru's face she smiled, “My lord!” she cried and threw her arms around his neck.
Sesshomaru froze but then very slowly hugged her back.
“I'm glad to see you are alright Rin.”
Rin pulled back, “Thank you for coming for me.”
She looked at Shippo and InuYasha, “All of you.”
Sesshomaru helped her stand and InuYasha felt her forehead, “She seems to be alright. We better get her to Adena….the real one, and make sure.”
Rin leaned against Sesshomaru and they all walked back across the catwalk. After they had climbed down the stairs Rin stumbled slightly and Sesshomaru tighten his grip around her waist, “Are you alright?”
Rin nodded slowly, “Yeah, just a little…”
Sesshomaru swept her up in his arm she lost conciseness; InuYasha glared but said nothing and lead the way out.
 
As they left the castle InuYasha explained what happened to the ones who had to stay behind. Adena just nodded and smiled, “I saw it. I was very proud of her.”
She turned her attention to Sesshomaru “What will you do now Dog Demon?”
Sesshomaru looked down at Rin who lay in his arm, “It would be best for us to return to my castle. Once Rin is well, you can decide what to do” he added to InuYasha.
“We should tell everyone here.” Sango spoke up, “People should know that they can live out in the open without fear now.”
Kagome nodded her agreement.
Adena looked thoughtful, “Why don't we all go and help out the villagers. Except Sesshomaru and Rin, they can go to his castle till she is well. Is this acceptable?”
InuYasha growled slightly but nodded and Kagome just shrugged. She knew Rin would rather wake up in Sesshomaru's castle then anywhere else.
Adena smiled, “Good. Now everyone come closer please. They will be easier now that I have one less demon.”
She closing her eyes she began to chant, soon the group shimmered away; leaving Sesshomaru alone with Rin. Sighing deeply Sesshomaru turned westward and headed for his castle.
 
A week had past and Rin was finally back to her usual self. Running out of her room she went in search of Sesshomaru. She found her other companion instead.
Rin grabbed Jaken and spun him around, “Oh Master Jaken! I'm home and I remember! I'm home!”
When Rin finally set the poor imp down he was so dizzy he couldn't stand up and is eyes were swirling around and around.
“Yes you silly girl!” he finally managed to say. “I know this. Who do you think as been bringing your food to your room everyday?”
Rin frowned, “I just happy. You should be happy too!”
Jaken just shook his head and muttered about stupid humans. “The lord wishes to speak to you right away.”
Rin ran down the hallway to Sesshomaru's door. Pausing to knock, she listened carefully for his soft voice.
“Come in.”
Pushing with all her might Rin slipped in and walked over to the desk, “You wish to see me?”
Sesshomaru didn't look up, “It's time for you to return to you family.”
Rin felt her heart drop, “What?” she gasped.
Sesshomaru looked up, “Does this Sesshomaru need to repeat himself?”
“I think you do because I thought I heard you say I had to go back.”
“You heard correctly.”
“But why?”
Sesshomaru sighed and leaned back. He knew she'd be upset, but it was hitting him harder then he thought. Pushing back from his desk he walked over to the window.
I should've kept my distance while she rested. If I had stayed away, this would be easierfor both of us.”
But he couldn't tear himself away. As she slept he watched over her, pondering on what a beautiful woman she had become, and what Adena had said.
Love?”
Every time Rin awoke Sesshomaru was there by her side, watching her.
She was slightly surprised but happy to see him there and that he continued to spend so much time with her.
Rin then began to wonder if what Adena had said was true.
Was Sesshomaru in love with her?
Over the week she had become more comfortable with him and his attitude, but she still spoke her mind and made it clear just because she remembered who she was didn't mean she was going to forget everything else.
Now he was pushing her away, making her leave. Again.
Rin stepped up to him; he tensed as she wrapped her arms around him and laid her head on his chest. “Why do you want me to leave? I thought you cared about me.”
Sesshomaru brought her chin up so he could look into her eyes, “You do something to me Rin.”
He gently brushed his hand against her face, “Something I don't understand. I never could. Ever since I sent you with Kagome, I felt a strange ache.”
Rin smiled sweetly; this cold-hearted demon felt for her, missed her when she was gone.
Sesshomaru paused, he seemed to be conflicted on what to say. If he should say what he was thinking.
“I missed you” Rin whispered. “Everyday I thought about you….till I couldn't remember who I was missing.”
Sesshomaru suddenly shook his head and pulled away.
“My Lord?”
Sesshomaru turned back, his face hard again, “We must not discuss this Rin. You must leave.”
Rin frowned, “He has more mood swings then a pregnant woman!”
“No! Don't do this!”
She grabbed his arm, “Don't you dare shut me out now!”
Sesshomaru's eyes flashed red and he snarled, “You dare to speak to me in this manner? To your lord?”
Rin stepped up to him and placed her hands on either side of his face, “Why do you do this?” she asked softly.
Sesshomaru's jaw tightened but Rin could see it was not in anger but in an attempt to keep control.
“Why do you push me away?”
Sesshomaru growled, “I need no one.”
“But I need you.”
“Not any more. You have a family.”
“It's not the same! What are you afraid of?”
“I fear nothing!” Sesshomaru snapped.
Rin's eyes filled with tears, “Please, let me stay.”
It took every ouch of Sesshomaru's self-restraint to keep him from reaching out and touching her face.
But he didn't. He just looked at her with cold eyes then turned and walked out of the room.
Rin dropped to the ground sobs, racking her body; but Sesshomaru's step never faltered. He just kept a steady pace; that for once didn't match the beat of his heart.
 
A/N: PLEASE REVIEW