InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Spy With My Little Eye ❯ The meeting point ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer: I'm only saying this once throughout my whole story.
I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA.
There, I'm sure you guys take the hint and realize I don't own Inuyasha now. (duh!)
 
FTAM: Ok, here's the update of the next chapter…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“What do you mean yes, me? Is this some kind of joke? If it is, I'm not laughing!”
 
Kagome looked around. No one else was there, the room was big and bare and the wooden floor was smooth so it was easy to walk on.
 
“Hello, is anyone out there? Sango?”
 
“No one's out there. You're still in a test.”
 
“Why should I listen to you…you pervert!!”
 
“Hey!” Miroku pretended to look hurt. “You shouldn't say such things to your best friend's future boyfriend.”
 
“Whatever!” Kagome rolled her eyes. “Ok, so I'm still in a test then why are you here.”
 
“Because I'm your next test.” Miroku paused letting her take the information in.
 
Kagome just stared at him.
 
“Yeah, well I am.” Miroku started to look uncomfortable and shifted his feet slightly.
 
Kagome sighed. Her clothes were wet and all she wanted was to change into dry clothes and go home but obviously that wasn't going to happen.
 
“Ok…” Kagome answered slowly. “So, what am I suppose to do?”
 
Miroku brightened “Fight me!”
 
“What!” Kagome panicked.
 
“You'll be fine. This is a test to see your fighting abilities especially in attacking.”
 
“I can't fight!”
 
“Improvise.” Miroku walked closer to Kagome and bowed. “Shall we begin?”
 
“I guess…” Kagome bowed back and took up a fighting stance she's seen on TV many times. Two fists in front of her and her legs equally balanced one foot in front of the other.
 
Miroku stood opposite her not moving an inch.
Kagome didn't either.
 
A few seconds past by with them awkwardly looking at each other.
 
Miroku sighed. This test was to test Kagome's attacking abilities but she wasn't moving at all. He was supposed to be defending.
 
`I'm sorry Sango.' Miroku thought inwardly before running to attack Kagome.
 
Kagome watched in horror at Miroku who was running towards her.
 
“Aaah!” she screamed when she felt a hand at her butt.
 
“You pervert!” Kagome screamed at him. “What kind of fighting style is that and how dare you! You're going out with Sango this Saturday too.”
 
Kagome's temper started to rise.
 
“You'll regret this!” She ran to try and attack Miroku.
 
Miroku sighed in relief. `Finally, the fight can begin'
`Uh Oh' his eyes widened in alarm as he dodge Kagome's blows. `I don't think she's in a good mood anymore.'
 
Kagome was still lashing out trying to hit him but Miroku seemed to be able to dodge all her blows. They were moving sideways. She was trying to punch him while Miroku slipped away sideward.
 
`Wait a minute!' Kagome thought excitedly. `I know how to defeat Miroku!'
Instead of lashing out, she tried to run up to him. He still tried to get away from her and soon it was like a little game of tag but not as friendly.
 
Miroku was still running as fast as he could. `What is she doing? Why is she just chasing me?'
 
He turned to see Kagome chasing him with a furious look on her face.
 
 
`Running away from her is fine with me.' He looked forward to find himself facing a corner.
 
`I'm reaching a corner…wait no! A corner!!'
 
Kagome grinned. She got him just where she wanted him.
 
“Now, Miroku. Remember the familiar saying…” She blocked his way out of the corner. “Don't back yourself into a corner.”
 
Kagome slapped him before kicking him in the stomach.
She watched Miroku doubled up and kneeled on the ground.
 
`Serves him right.' Kagome thought fuming. `How dare he…'
 
“You may have beaten him, but you'll never get through me!”
 
Kagome turned to look and her jaw dropped.
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
“That's me” Inuyasha smirked.
 
“Don't tell me.” Kagome said dryly. “That I have to fight you too.”
 
“Yup and you'll lose bitch!”
 
“Don't call me a bitch! The name's Kagome!” she yelled at him.
 
“Bitch!”
 
“Kagome!”
 
“Bitch!”
 
“Inuyasha, she's in a test right now.” Miroku reminded him calmly walking up to them.
 
Kagome looked shocked. “You're perfectly fine?”
 
Miroku nodded. “Once you've experience many lashings from Sango…”
 
“You deserved it.” Inuyasha retorted.
 
“I seemed to remember the time you got beaten up badly by Sango.” Miroku started.
 
“Why you!” Inuyasha growled. “That was a long time ago! I can easily beat her now!”
 
“In stamina and strength but I'm still not sure about combat fighting.” Miroku continued.
 
“Keh. I fight better with swords.”
 
Kagome widened her eyes as she got the message. “I'm fighting against you with swords?”
 
“Yes you are, bitch!”
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes.
“I told you to stop calling me a bitch! Whatever did I do to you?!”
 
“You walked out on me at the cafeteria.” He accusingly pointed a finger at her.
“No one walks out on me!”
 
“You were insulting me! What about my feelings!” Kagome fumed.
 
Inuyasha picked up the swords and threw a sword at her direction. “Come on let's fight.”
 
Kagome picked it up.
 
Miroku moved to the edge of the room and sat down to watch them duel.
 
Kagome held the sword nervously.
 
“Aaah,” she screamed as she moved backwards to escape the sword Inuyasha lashed out in front of her.
 
Inuyasha moved and charged at her.
 
Kagome in shock used her quick reflexes to protect herself with her sword.
 
CLANG!
As both swords hit at the same time.
 
Inuyasha frowned and sidestepped before charging her again.
 
“What?” Kagome looked to see a blur passing her before realizing that he had sliced one of her sleeves.
 
“That's my new shirt!” Kagome fumed.
 
“So?” Inuyasha shrugged before trying to hit her again.
 
Kagome got down to her knees to avoid his sword before realizing that she would not have time to get up without him slicing her.
 
“No!”
 
“Oh, yes” Inuyasha grinned and pulled her up by her shirt.
He placed his sword at her throat. “Any last wishes?”
 
“Yes, you owe me a new shirt!”
Kagome lashed out her foot and kicked Inuyasha in the nuts.
 
“Oooh.” Miroku winced sympathetically for Inuyasha who was in pain.
 
“Kagome, you better not damaged it or he'll have to die a virgin.” Miroku grinned at that.
 
“Why you!” Inuyasha growled. He got up and ignoring the pain a little and charged towards Miroku.
 
Kagome ran out the room to the next task. She wasn't interested in what the boys might do to each other.
 
 
 
 
<**><**><**><**><**>
 
 
 
 
 
“Ok, break it up you guys! I said Break it Up!!” Kagura yelled at them on her microphone.
 
Sango rolled her eyes and waited for the two boys to walk in or rather stomp in.
 
“Wow, aren't you two great fighters to be defeated by a beginner.” She said sarcastically.
 
“Keh! I let her win!” Inuyasha replied folding his arms across his chest.
 
“Actually it was because you two thought you would defeat her easily that you two slipped up.” Kagura shook her fingers at them
 
“Getting backed into a corner and any last wishes?” Kagura asked mockingly before ignoring them and their protests, turning back to the monitor screen.
 
“Right, let's see how Kagome does in this one…”
 
 
 
 
<**><**><**><**><**>
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome took in the sight of the room all at once.
It was a big obstacle course except not in water this time but there were slides, nets, ropes and tennis size balls in different types of colours oddly scattered throughout the place. The instructions were no where to be seen so she assumed that there was none.
 
She started at the monkey bars directly ahead of her and landed gracefully to see two tunnels ahead of her.
She saw a sign ahead of her.
`One tunnel is right and the other is wrong. Choose wisely.”
 
Kagome turned to look at both the tunnels.
`Right or left tunnel. Hmm…'
 
She looked around hoping for something to help her decision.
 
She brightened up as she picked up two balls.
She tossed one in the right tunnel…it rolled down smoothly before `CRUNCH!'
Kagome winced and took the left tunnel.
 
As she crawled her way out she was faced with a giant net almost touching the high ceiling.
 
`Auww…great!' Kagome sighed as she started her way up.
 
Her arms were sore by the time she had reached the other side.
She massaged her arms as she walked to the next obstacle.
 
She climbed up a long ladder before reaching a slide.
 
`Yes, something easy!'
Kagome was getting ready to climb down before she saw a whole lot of red lights situated around the slide.
 
`What…?' Kagome picked up a little ball and threw it to the nearest red light.
 
BANG and the ball fizzled up in smoke.
 
Kagome gulped.
 
`There must be something…'
Her eyes lit up when she saw some tools beside the slide.
`Hmm…'
Kagome built a wooden square on wheels with a gap in the middle. She placed a plastic bag in the middle and filled it with balls.
She sat on it.
 
`Well here goes nothing.'
She pushed herself down the slide and tried balancing on it was she watched the balls one by one disappear.
 
She breathed a sigh of relief as she reached the end until she saw a ramp.
“Oh no…”
 
BUMP
 
“Ouch!” Kagome stood up holding her sore back in which she landed on.
 
`Just my luck.' Kagome sighed miserably seeing more obstacles to go.
 
“Never give up and you'll be surprised at how far you can go.” Sango had advised her.
 
`I can do it!' Kagome's eyes filled with determination as she ran to the next challenge.
 
She went through another five obstacles before the grand finale.
 
She crawled under nets in record time, swung through ropes and balanced herself on a narrow beam four metres high without harness.
She jumped at wobbly toadstools high above ground without falling and found the right watch from many similar watches by solving a challenging clue.
 
Kagome looked at the last obstacle.
 
`Here is the last obstacle and you have passed your test. Good Luck.' It read.
 
It was a caged room with a little sign at the top. `Warning! Do not enter! Acid will burn a hole through you. You have been warned.'
 
Kagome took a ball and roll it into the room and two big lamps at the sides of the room turned on and showered acid down on the floor. The ball melted.
 
She shuddered to think what would happen to her.
 
`What should I do?' she panicked.
 
She thought back to what Sango told her. “Just relax and think carefully.”
 
 
`Hmm…what should I do?' she observed the room carefully. The only things were the two large turquoise lamps that…
 
`Wait a minute...' thought Kagome excitedly. `There's a plastic covering protecting it so it doesn't melt. If only I can get that.'
 
Kagome grinned and started climbing up the cage.
 
She saw the little holes where the acid poured out from and made sure not to touch that as she reached out for the plastic covering.
 
She grabbed it and climbed down.
 
She placed it on herself making sure that she was fully covered. The plastic covering was surprisingly large.
 
Kagome took a very deep breath before running into the room.
 
The lamp without plastic covering started to sizzle and melt completely.
 
Half the room darkened.
 
Kagome quickened her pace to the other side where the other lamp was.
 
She breathed in relief once she reached the other side.
 
`Yes, I did it'
 
“You did it!” A voice screamed from the doors.
 
Kagome turned and grinned as she saw Sango burst into the doors.
 
They hugged and screamed together.
 
Kagome was so relief and happy that she passed.
 
“You know…I couldn't have done it without your advice Sango.” Kagome told her seriously.
 
Sango waved it off. “Glad I could help but you did it all yourself, how you solved all your problems quickly and you PASSED!!”
Kagome laughed.
 
Sango pulled her along.
 
“What? Where are we going?” Kagome asked in bewilderment.
 
“The meeting room where you will get all the questions you asked answered.”
 
Kagome eagerly followed.
She may be wet, tired and hungry but answers are what she wanted.
 
Both of them walked into the meeting room where Kagura, Inuyasha and Miroku were waiting for them.
 
Kagome gazed around the room.
It was huge with a big screen covering one side of the wall. In front of it was a big semicircle table where Kagura was standing behind.
 
There were chairs in which Miroku and Inuyasha were sitting in.
Miroku waved at her but Inuyasha just ignored her.
 
She took a seat right next to Sango and turned to Kagura.
 
`Finally. What I really want…Answers!'
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
FTAM: And the end of another chapter!!!
Next chapter is called All comes clear…