InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Spy With My Little Eye ❯ Finding Answers ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
FTAM: Yah! Exams are finally over. I'm so happy. I can finally write the next chapter. I'm introducing Shippo into my story. In this story he's thirteen though. Can you imagine it? Teenager Shippo.
 
 
 
 
 
 
One and a half months later…
 
 
 
 
 
 
“We have to tell her.” Kagura firmly insisted.
 
“No, we don't.” Inuyasha growled.
 
“Yes, she deserves to know the truth. Listen to me!” Kagura pleaded.
 
“Shut up! This is my dad we're talking about and no means NO, woman!”
 
Kagura sighed, obviously this wasn't working.
 
“Fine, you're the boss since your dad's…gone but she at least has the right to know about the other agency.”
 
“Ok. She can know about that but nothing else,” Inuysha replied after pausing for a moment. “I better check on her now. Make sure she isn't slacking.”
 
“Kagome? Slacking?” Kagura raised her eyebrows.
 
“It could happen.” Inuyasha shrugged.
 
 
 
 
 
<**><**><**><**><**>
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome groaned. Her back ached and her hands were sore, and she was glad when it was finally over. She sprawled on one of the plump sofas in the receptionist room.
 
“So, how do you think that went?” Sango chirped.
 
Kagome didn't respond.
 
“Come on. It wasn't that bad.” Sango laughed.
 
“It was.”
 
“You've been improving you know,” Sango said seriously. “You can fight now, you're much quicker in doing all those obstacle courses for training and you've just passed your coding spy lesson.”
 
“I did,” Kagome sat up.
 
“Yup.”
 
“Yes!” Kagome punched her fist into the air.
 
She had worked very hard coming to the agency every day for four hours and spending whole weekends training. She was much fitter now and could move quickly and swiftly. She had reached advance obstacle course training and learned how to do many fighting skills and self defence tactics. The coding spy lesson course she had just passed was where she was trained to look out for clues and study how to scramble codes, hack into computer's to find information when in enemy's territory and other things similar to those.
 
“Slacking are you? I guess I'll just have to fail you then.” Inuyasha said dryly from the doorway.
 
Kagome stood up in alarm then narrowed her eyes.
 
“I was not slacking. You think I'll work this hard and just throw it all away?”
 
Inuyasha was about to answer that when Kanna walked in with a big box of items.
 
“Kanna? What's that?” Kagome tried to look into the box.
 
Kanna held the box away from her.
 
“It's my items. I'm packing. I'm transferring to the other agency now.” Kanna smiled happily.
 
“You mean…the other one.” Kagome gave a sidelong glance at Inuyasha who was very quiet.
 
“Yes that's the one. Well, if you don't mind I better get going and quickly finish getting all my stuff.
 
“It was nice knowing you.” Sango said awkwardly watching Kanna taking all her things hastily and walking away after waving goodbye to them.
 
“See, she's nice today. I figure she's only grumpy when there's a lot of work today. I can't believe you even suspected her.” Sango turned to Kagome.
 
“I'm sorry,” Kagome put up a hand in front of her defensively. “I just had this feeling, you know?”
 
Inuyasha snorted.
 
“Kagome. Kagome.” A voice called out.
 
Kagome turned to see Miroku at the doorway.
 
“What?”
 
“Let's go.” Miroku took her arm and dragged her away.
 
“What is your problem?” Kagome struggled under his firm grasp.
 
“What's your problem?” Inuyasha scowled oblivious that he was repeating Kagome.
 
“I just said that. He's not deaf. He heard it the first time.” Kagome glared at him.
 
“SHUT UP!” Sango screamed.
 
The room went deadly silent.
 
“Ok,” Sango tried to solve the problem. “Miroku why are you dragging Kagome away?”
 
“It's Kagura's orders. We're to show her you know what…The agency.” He said towards their blank faces.
 
“I only just agreed five minutes ago and she give orders already?” Inuyasha narrowed his eyes.
 
Kagome was stunned. Finally she could see the other agency, she was trusted now.
 
“What are we waiting for?” Kagome in turn started pulling Miroku along.
 
“Wha…hey…I'm coming…”
 
Inuyasha and Sango followed behind.
 
The car was very quiet throughout the trip with only Kagome bursting with happy thoughts.
 
`I can't believe it,' Kagome thought excitedly. `Maybe I can finally find out what had happened.'
 
Inuyasha seemed to have read her thoughts as he finally spoke to break the silence of the car.
 
“You're just seeing the agency. No big deal. My family business is not for anyone else to know.”
 
Kagome blinked. `Did he just say that? That was scary.'
 
When the car pulled up in the parking lot, Kagome gasped. She was looking at the Takahashi building where the business was run by his brother Sesshomaru.
 
“What are we doing here?”
 
“We're going to the agency, stupid.” Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
Sango looked up and understood why Kagome was surprised.
 
“The agency owns the bottom building and underground. The top half is the business area.” Sango informed her.
 
“All these people who go in and out working here every singly day don't even know about it?” Kagome said incredously.
 
“Because people are idiots like my brother but he and a few very loyal employees know about it. Not that he even cares about it.” Inuyasha grumbled.
 
They walked to the back of the building and Inuyasha pulled out a key from his pocket.
 
When the door opened, Kagome walked in eagerly.
 
“Good morning, Takahashi business. How may I help you?” The receptionist beamed at her.
 
Her hair had turned grey but was tied up into a bun and she had lines on her forehead. She had a beautiful smile that reached up to her eyes that seems to make people feel safe.
 
“Umm…” Kagome gave a sidelong glance. “I don't know yet but I'm sure my friends would.”
 
The receptionist laughed, but stop when she saw Inuyasha coming.
 
“Good morning, boss.”
 
Inuyasha nodded at her.
 
She gave Kagome a key.
 
“This will lead you to the underground level, dear. Have fun.” The receptionist winked.
 
Kagome turned away from her and walked away.
 
“Umm…where is it?” Kagome looked around.
 
“Give me the keys.” Inuyasha ordered.
 
“No,” Kagome held it out of his reach. “Not till you say the magic word.”
 
“Now.”
 
Kagome pretended to think.
 
“Nop, that's not it.”
 
“Kagome give me the keys!” Inuyasha growled in frustration.
 
“But you didn't say the magic word.”
 
“Give it to me now!”
 
“Fine.” Kagome tossed it to him reluctantly.
 
Inuyasha led them into a room. It was just an ordinary meeting room with table and chairs. Kagome's eyes widened when she saw him crawl under the table and pressed a spot which made the wall at the back of the widescreen open.
 
She started towards it when Inuyasha pulled her back.
 
“What?” Kagome asked angrily.
 
“Here, you need this badge or you can't get in.” Inuyasha gave it to her.
 
“Thanks.” Kagome said surprised looking at a picture of herself and employee written underneath it.
 
Sango and Miroku pulled out theirs and Inuyasha happily flashed his card with boss written on it.
 
Kagome was led into a tunnel at first until she reached an opening. A door stood that was bolted shut. Inuyasha put the key into the keyhole and the door clicked open. There it looked like any ordinary business building but with Takahashi Agency written in big letters behind the receptionist desk. At the desk was Kanna.
 
“Kanna?”
 
Kanna looked up and saw all of them.
 
“I didn't know you guys transfer here?” She asked.
 
“You know spies are not transferred here.” Inuysha scowled.
 
“Yes,” She drawled. “I wonder why?”
 
“It's not your business.” Inuyasha's voice was firm.
 
“How come the other receptionist knew about it but she doesn't?” Kagome whispered.
 
“Because,” Sango whispered back. “That lady has worked her for a long time. She was the daughter of one of the first employees to Inuysha's greatgrandfather; who started the business that's going so well. She is very loyal. Kanna's only worked here for a few years, she only knows her job which is taking calls and organizing meetings for well used to be for Kagura and running errands. That's it.”
 
Just then a boy younger then them with red hair tied into a little ponytail scurried past. He stopped when he saw them.
 
“I heard you were arriving. Come. Come to my quarters.” He said in a pipsqueak voice.
 
“Brat. You don't own the quarters.” Inuyasha folded his arms refusing to follow him.
 
“Yes I do. It belongs to me.” He insisted.
 
“I'll come.” Kagome said dubiously.
 
“Hi, I'm Shippo and you are…” Shippo turned his attention to her.
 
“Kagome.” She responded smiling at him.
 
Shippo grinned.
 
“You're so much nicer than Inuyasha. I can't believe you're stuck with him,” Shippo lowered his voice down. “Don't worry I'll protect you.”
 
Kagome laughed. She couldn't see how he could protect her but she nodded at him kindly.
 
Inuyasha meanwhile was fuming.
 
“Why you little brat.” He screamed pulling Shippo's ears.
 
“Ow. Ow. That hurts.”
 
“Inuyasha,” Kagome was horrified rushing to help Shippo. “Leave the poor boy alone.”
 
Inuyasha sulked while Shippo grinned at her.
 
“Thank you for that. In return I'll develop some cool gadgets especially for you.” Shippo said sweetly.
 
“You invent gadgets?” Kagome looked taken back.
 
“He's one of the best inventors you'll ever see, Kag.” Sango said patting Shippo's head.
 
“But…he's so…so…” Kagome started.
 
“Young?” Shippo responded. “That's true. I'm only thirteen but it's in the blood. My anscestors have always been inventors. They've worked for the Takahasi's Agency since it first started. Inuyasha's great great grandfather created the Agency you know. It's his great grandfather that started the business.”
 
“I want to show you some of my gadgets.” Shippo took her hand and pulled Kagome and Sango along.
 
“Did you invent any new weapons for me?” Miroku asked eagerly.
 
Shippo turned his head back and nodded.
 
“I'm coming.” He declared rushing towards them.
 
Inuyasha followed them still sulking.
 
“Welcome.” Shippo waved his hand over an enormous room filled with gadgets and gismos.
 
“Here are my inventions I work on and over there,” He pointed at a large table. “There is where I create new ideas and start working on it.”
 
“You built all these yourself?” Kagome looked around in awe.
 
“No, of course not. I have plenty of other employed inventors helping me build and plan and we also create gadgets from their ideas too but I am the head.” Shippo announced to her proudly.
 
“So what is the difference between this agency and our one?” Kagome asked curiously.
 
“Your agency is where Kagura's the head of it and it's where all the spies and the training school are at. This place is the inventing, decoding, planning those areas of a spy agency are all here.”
 
“So don't you have to interact a lot with each other. I mean that's like one agency split into half.” Kagome said raising her eyebrow.
 
“Yeah…” Shippo squirmed nervously. “We have a different head though.”
 
“Who?
 
Shippo glanced at Inuyasha.
 
“Oh. You can't tell me because it ties into the incident about Inuyasha's father right?”
 
“You're close enough. Mr Takahashi was going to move the whole agency here before…it happened so we ended up split in half,” Shippo mumbled then brightened up. “I'll show you some of the things I'm inventing.”
 
Shippo picked up a pen from the table and gave it to Kagome.
 
“Wait…let me guess, if I click this pen, it would shoot someone close to me.” Kagome stared at the pen in her hand.
 
“Not unless you want it too. Click it, see what happens.”
 
Kagome closed her eyes and clicked the pen. She heard a whirring noise and opened her eyes. The pen has now transformed. The tip of it had become a penknife and when she clicked again became a mini magnifying glass. She clicked it again and a funny looking wire came out.
 
“That's for picking locks. Nearly every kind of locks would open with the help of that.” Shippo pointed out.
 
“Don't click it again,” Sango quickly said. “If you click the pen four times then it would shoot the person within five metres from you.”
 
Kagome put it back on the desk but Shippo handed it back to her.
 
“I want you to have it,” He told her. “If you press this button, then the pen would go back to normal and it would take another four clicks to shoot.”
 
Shippo pressed a little button that looked like the cape of the pen.
 
“All done.” He said happily.
 
“Umm…thanks.” Kagome put in her pocket.
 
“I'll show you some more.” Shippo said eagerly.
 
“What about my weapons?” Miroku sidled up to him.
 
“I have it. Don't worry.”
 
“Yes.” Miroku sighed in delight.
 
“The only thing Miroku likes in the world are gadgets and women.” Sango said to Kagome.
 
“I like you too Sango.” Miroku said seriously.
 
“Sure, you do. That's why you flirt with anything wearing a skirt.” Sango responded.
 
“I do not,” Miroku protested. “How can you think so low of me?
 
“Remember that dummy modeling clothes in that clothing store in town? You even flirted with that.” Sango reminded him.
 
“I thought it was a girl. It had eyes and a mouth and looked exactly like a normal girl.” Miroku complained.
 
Sango just ignored him. Shippo burst out laughing and even Kagome giggled at the thought of Miroku flirting with a dummy at a store thinking that it was a girl.
 
 
BEEP BEEP
 
 
Kagome glanced around to see Inuyasha taking out his pager.
 
“Sorry to ruin your fun,” Inuyasha said sarcastically. “But Kagura needs us to go back for a mission.”
 
“I haven't got my weapons yet.” Miroku whined.
 
“Just come back next time. I have gadgets to give all of you.” Shippo smiled at all of them.
 
“We will.” Kagome said smiling.
 
“Let's go. Don't keep Kagura waiting.” Sango warned.
 
“I wonder what she wants?” Miroku said looking at the gadgets longingly.
 
“There's only one way to find out.” Kagome said going out of the door.
 
`My very first proper mission.' Kagome thought happily.
 
 
 
 
 
<**><**><**><**><**>