InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I will love you to my dieing day... ❯ Memories ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Yup thats right I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA though I would love to I dont -_- Oh welll

A/N = YAY! Finally an update ^_^ Sorry I took so long, but homework is anasty beast that attacks me fairly often. I apoligse for spelling and grammer mistakes, I dumb so sure me :P NEway here it is and enjoy! A right lil' cliff hanger at the end for ya all bu I'll try and update ASAP ^_~ I promise!



Many children had befriended Shippo despite his Youkai appearance, this was mainly because they knew he was on of the group that had restored the Shikon jewel and so he had became a hero in the village. Right now he helped the other children who were interested in the wonderful world of medicine collecting herbs for Kaede who probably had enough herbs to last her the year already but for now it was the only thing that made him feel useful. He had taken the death of Inu-yasha pretty badly and for a time he found it hard to talk to Kagome because after all he did know of his illness but unable to tell her. Inu-yasha had been, he later admitted, despite his short tempter and punishing hits round the head, like an older brother to the little kitsune. The inu-hanyou had protected him many times and taught him the ways of a Youkai, something the others could not. The others had indeed helped and protected him, teaching the little Youkai lots of interesting stuff about life but they were humans and he needed a Youkai to teach him stuff and even though Inu-yasha was a hanyou it didn't seem to matter since he always proved to be way stronger than a pure-blooded monster. "Kagomeeeeeeeee! I thought you were going home!" He squealed in delight as he ran over to Kagome and jumped into her arms, which had become a mother figure since the death of his real parents.

"Shippo." She sighed sadly.

"What's wrong Kagome? Have you been crying?" He asked the puffy-eyed girl.

"I went to visit Inu-yasha's grave today. Something has happened." She began slowly, unable to think of the words to use.

"What's happened? Is it anything serious?" The young kitsune asked eagerly.

"Inu-yasha has returned to life."

"What? That's brilliant news Kagome!" He cuddled her fondly, unable to believe his ears. "Where is he? Can I talk to him?"

"He ran off, I thought I better tell you in case you met him. Inu- yasha can't remember us. We think that Sesshomaru brought him to life and somehow made Inu-yasha forget his memories."

"What? That bastard!" Kagome was surprised at such language coming one from so young but there again it hadn't been the first time he had sworn. "Well we'll just have to get Inu-yasha and make him remember! He's gotta!"

"I know Shippo-chan, and don't worry I know Inu-yasha will remember. All it takes is time and we got all the time in the world!" She tried to sound reassuring and probably would had been if not for the slightly quiver in her voice.

Sesshomaru sniffed the air in disgust, that stupid wench had found him and probably confusing him with all their memories. "Its your life you ruin if you remember Inu-yasha, my brother." Jaken was startled that his master had spoken even though he didn't quite hear what he said it seemed good to hear him talk. Two days ago Sesshomaru had left him with that little brat Rin and went off alone warning them not to follow. If the little toad-Youkai (Kami knows if he's a toad or not ^o^ I think he looks like one though!) had been forced to describe any kind of emotion in his usually calm master e would had guessed a hint of sadness. Of course the great inu-Youkai would never discuss such matters with Jaken but since he had returned he had been even more distant than before, not even giving orders to the both of them.

"Sesshomaru-sama? What is it that troubles you so; surely you can trust Jaken, your faithful servant?" Jaken voiced but like he had expected he had no response and his great master just carried on walking. After a few minutes Jaken thought he would not speak but suddenly he did, his voice calm.

"We go in search for Inu-yasha, come lets go." Rin made an excited scream and the thought of some action besides sat around here all day and Sesshomaru gave a little smile, a very little smile but a smile nonetheless. "There will be mortal children for you to befriend at the Village, come let us make haste."

"YAY! YAY! YAY!" She merrily bounced around the walking Inu-Youkai and his servant, neither of them paying his usual behaviour no heed.

Inu-yasha sat patiently, or what he considered patient, listening to Miroku and Sango talk about what should had been his memories but he continued in not remembering them. It had gone well past noon and they sat within their hut, Miroku had tried to bring back the memories of when they both made their huts together, even mentioning the misshapen fireplace but Inu-yasha generally didn't remember squat. It had been amazing that he remembered the two humans at all, I remembered them but have no memories of them, no that can't be right. How did he know them? He knew their names by his own accord and even exactly what they looked like before he was actually able to get clear look at them to confirm his memory of their appearance but he couldn't remember ever interacting with them before last night. He knew he could trust them, he knew that they would help him like they always had but he didn't know how he had met them or even what part they had played in his life. Between the two humans they had explained everything they personally could remember themselves, including the mission to destroy Naraku and Miroku's perverted nature. When they had mentioned Kagome it was as though she was an utter and complete stranger but when they talked about other people he used to know there was a kind of an awareness what they existed even if he couldn't remember them. "Maybe if you talked to Sesshomaru he could give you some answers?" Miroku suggested helpfully.

"Maybe, he must have a good reason for doing this, I'm sure of it." Inu-yasha conceded after a few minutes of thought.

"But what if his intentions are to hurt Inu-yasha? You might not remember this Inu-yasha but Sesshomaru is your half-brother that tried to kill you before. We've already told you of the battled you engaged with him, surely you don't think he's done this dreadful thing to help you?" Sango chimed.

"I don't know! I don't know nothing and it scares me more than you can imagine!" This sudden outburst of emotion startled both Sango and Miroku. Never before could they actually remember Inu-yasha admitting fear so openly. Inu-yasha calmed down and started making his exit.

"Where are you going?" Sango asked.

"Screw it, I'm out of here. I can't remember a thing so why bother trying? See ya' around." He told them in a cold and emotionless voice before he shortly left the hut. Miroku shot towards the door as if to stop him but when he looked outside he saw that Inu-yasha had already gone. His Youkai speed had seen to that.

Inu-yasha felt the familiar presence behind him and so without even turning he spoke. "What is the meaning of this? Sesshomaru-sama I'm grateful for what you have done for me but not to me. Why is it I can't remember?" He gravely turned round so to face his half-brother. The Youkai stood before him proud and serious, the same cold and emotionless expression on his fact as it always been.

"I brought you back into this realm as to repent for my sins against you, Inu-yasha, my brother." He may not have remembered much but Inu-yasha knew enough to know this was a very strange and out-of-character thing for him to say.

"Then why don't I have any memories of these sins I didn't even know you were my brother until Sango told me." He wanted to know, no he NEEDED to know.

"Then I see it is true, you have returned to the humans I've tried to protect you from." He said gravely.

"Protect? But they're not dangerous, from what they've told me they have-" But before he could say any more Sesshomaru interrupted, his voice had risen slightly, indicating he was annoyed, angry.

"Put your life in danger too many times! Countless of times I've watched as you bled on the battlefield trying to keep them safe. That reincarnation of the wench that sealed you if only another danger to you. The original betrayed you as will this bitch, don't you see? Don't you understand? I will not watch my brother suffer again because of one weakness." Sesshomaru's voice was actually full of passion and Inu-yasha even thought he saw what looked like tears?

"If what I've heard if true you have wronged me and hated me so much as to even try and kill me. Why the sudden change of heart?" Inu-yasha demanded. >>A/N I'm actually listening to 'Change the world' from the Inu- yasha's soundtrack, 'I want to change my mind! Lalalalalalala!' lol, ok on with the story! <<

"I never really hated you, if anything I was jealous of you. After my own mother had died father took up with yours and you were born. I was a young and stupid pup but I believed it wasn't fair for you to have a mother and I to have not. Then later, for reasons I will not explain, I harboured a hate for all humans. You were a Hanyou, half-human, contaminated blood. Only recently have I realised the goodness of humans and after I heard of your death I suddenly regretted that unnecessary hatred, you were the last of my family. I did not want to lose you Inu-yasha."

"So that is why you brought me back? I'm grateful but without my memories I am nothing, I know you may see it as protecting me but let me make my own mistakes. Give back what you have stolen, I want to remember everything!" Inu-yasha was mixed emotions. He was angry but at the same time kind of touched that his brother felt this why. Another part of him found it slightly amusing and wondered what human had made him change his mind. Suddenly there was a shrill scream and a horse whisper escaped Sesshomaru before he raced into the forest with inhuman speed. "Rin? Who's that?" Inu-yasha asked himself. Then he too ran after the screaming voice.

Kouga watched as Kagome wondered round the forest helplessly, she was heartbroken and he cursed the dog-turd for dieing. Not through any personal feelings of course, he couldn't care less if the Hanyou died but he cared for Kagome. Kagome had chosen Inu-yasha and the wolf-Youkai accepted that. He was her mate and she was his. But then he was killed and Kagome what pain and grief-filled and whenever he came to look at her she always had the same sad heartbroken expression on her face. He decided to talk to her this time, maybe she could find comfort in his words and so he stepped out of the bushes and lightly sprinted over to her. "Hey Kagome!"

"Oh Kouga-kun! You surprised me. What are you doing out there?"

Strangely to his relief the girl had been screaming because of such a small and weak rodent Youkai, probably more so because of its appearance than actual threat. It was staring at her when Inu-yasha and Sesshomaru had arrived but quickly escaped deeper into the forest straight after. The little girl saw the inu-Youkai and ran to him with arms wide open, smiling and laughing. A thin smile on his own face appeared. "You shouldn't scream at so little things Rin. You scared me."

"Hai. Sorry I'll not do it again!" She then blushed slightly and started skipping dragging poor Jaken along for the ride. Sesshomaru then turned to Inu-yasha and unfastened a one of the three swords, which he carried and passed it to Inu-yasha.

"Here, this is your sword. Sheath the Tetsusaiga and your memories will return, don't do it now brother. Think about it, and when you're ready let your memories return." He told him solemnly. Inu-yasha looked at the sword in awe, he knew about this sword and it was the reason why his brother fought with him, to gain possession over it. So why was he willingly handing it over? What had changed him so much that he'd do such a thing? Could it be the girl? Inu-yasha looked at the bouncy girl who brought Jaken discomfort and smiled. Rin. It had been her who had touched Sesshomaru's heart. "I'll leave you now brother. I hope our paths should meet again but remember what I have told you, even if you do bring those memories back." And then he walked away and after beckoning Rin to follow the little girl skipped after him, dragging the toad along with her.

"Tetsusaiga. I'll go to meet the others and then decide. Kagome." He then took the opposite direction and towards the village.

Kouga and Kagome sat together under the tree, she was crying and explaining to the wolf-Youkai all abut Inu-yasha and why she was wondering about to forest. "I saw Sango earlier and she told me that he went to them to try and remember but got all frustrated and stormed off. I just want to find him, help him remember!" She burst into more tears and Kouga comfortingly put an arm round her.

"Don't cry Kagome I'm sure this will turn out for the better. Shhh." He then moved closer to her but she was too up set to notice, he was looking into her sad damp eyes very seriously.

Inu-yasha was quite excited really, he knew that there was something special between him and Kagome and so had impatiently sheathed the Tetsusaiga. Some thing was broken inside of him and like fragments of glass it shattered inside of him, setting his mind and memory free. His whole life flashed before his eyes, from his most treasured to those he would rather forget. And that was that. He now remembered everything and was off to tell Kagome about the whole mess. He had seen her sad and grieving look on her face and wanted more than anything to bring happiness back to that once cheerful face. He could smell her intoxicating scent pulling him closer to a small clearing into the forest and so he followed. He pushed through some annoying bushes that stood in his way. "Ka..." His voice was lost through a whisper of despair. There she was, and Inu-yahsa's heart burned as he felt tears well up in his eyes. He angerily rubbed them away and ran. To where he didn't know nor did he care, he now regretted ever touching Tetsusaiga. Why couldn't his brother just let him stay dead?