InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I will love you to my dieing day... ❯ A broken Heart, a thoughful Hanyou ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of Inu-yasha or its characters -_-

A/N = Hello! That's right, I have updated! YAY. ok, gomen for the outburst. LOL Neway not much to say about this except that I apologise for playing with Inu-yasha's emotions so much ^_^ but its so fun! Oh and a few days ago I got a Germen comment and I am pretty sure it says "You have no talent" and all I really got to say to that is firstly, WOW you can read English but don't have the sense to comment in it, and the other thing I want to say is I don't know if I got talent or not and I don't really care as I do this for the enjoyment factor only. If you believe me to have no talent fair play to you but I would appreciate you telling me (preferably in English) the reasons for this. Thankies ^___^

OKIES ONWARD WITH THE STORY.

_________________________________________

She was at first shocked, maybe that was way she did not push him away along with his kiss straight away, but now she was angry. She screamed abuse calling him an 'insensitive jerk' and kicked him in the shins before storming off her face flushed with anger. "Wherever did he get the nerve? Inu-yasha's barely dead for five minutes and." She stopped and realised what she had said. Inu-yasha wasn't dead. He was alive. After the whole mess with Kouga she had forgotten all about why she was out searching in the forest and not grieving in the arms of her mother. She carried on walking, searching until she accidentally tripped over. While still on the floor she looked to see what it was she had fallen over. She was surprised to see it was a sword and no sooner had she snatched it up into her hands she realised it was not just any sword but Inu-yasha's sword, Tetsusaiga! "Sorry about that, didn't mean to leave it there." Came a voice from above. Kagome looked straight up and saw Inu-yasha sitting in the try, one leg hung causally while the other stayed on the branch.

"Inu-yasha! There you are, I've been looking all over for you!" Kagome exclaimed happily.

"Have you now?" There was hint of amusement in his voice; it certainly didn't look as though she was looking for him a moment ago.

"I've come to help you remember Inu-yasha! You might not know this but I'm in love with you and before." She stopped briefly, thinking about the grief and then carried on. "Before you died, we were going to have children, I mean pups. We were happy."

"Then I died of a spider's bite and a crippled old carpenter. Not exactly the death I want to be boosting about but." He shrugged and smiled. "Better than none I suppose."

"What? So you remember how you died? That's great!"

"No! I didn't remember, Miroku and Sango told me about it. I still don't remember a thing." He looked at her and huffed. "Not that I want to anyway."

"Hey! That's not a very nice thing to say at all! We were all very upset when you died, it tore my heart apart. And here you come waltzing in here telling us you don't want to remember us? Well sorry Inu-yasha but I'm not going to give you a choice in that department. You WILL remember even if I have to drill your brain out and fix it myself!" She shouted but Inu- yasha just laughed. He had remembered everything, but what was the point of admitting it? His heart ached and just talking to her was like her squeezing it in her tiny little hands. Sesshomaru was right; she did betray and hurt him just like Kikyo had.

"Whatever you want Kagome, though I don't see why you don't go and get your bow and arrow and shoot me through the heart just like Kikyo did! Please, you'll be doing me a favour!" He snarled.

"You do remember don't you? What's wrong Inu-yasha? Why are you acting like this?" Kagome pleaded, tears were welling up in her eyes and she wiped them away almost as quickly as they had appeared.

"Why don't you just go running back to Wimpy-wolf? I'm sure he'll love that, probably been waiting for me to croak it since he met you."

"How dare you say that? I don't like Kouga in that way, you know I don't! You're the one I choose not him, there is no competition!"

"It didn't look like that when I saw you face-sucking back there, enjoy it did you? I've been dead, what two days? And you're mating up with him!"

"I was not 'mating up with him' as you put it! And it isn't what you're thinking at all! He kissed me! I pushed him away straight after and I had a right go at him too! I swear I didn't kiss him!"

"Whatever you little whore, just leave alright? Go find someplace nice to cry and tell the others what I bad guy I am. In case you hadn't noticed but the village's call this 'Inu-yasha's forest' so get out of my forest!" He yelled back at her. Kagome's tears were now falling freely and she ran off in despair. But not before shouting 'sit' a couple of times. Inu-yasha came crashing to the ground; the invisible force of gravity viscously yanked him down. But he did not growl, nor did he really move after she had done this. Even after she had left and the weight had stopped pushing down on him he just lay there. Face down in the dirt, whimpering, crying. Kagome. Kikyo. Was he cursed to live with the women he loved betraying him?





Kagome had run to find comfort with Kaede in her hut when Sango saw her running. What had happened? Had she found Inu-yasha? She wanted to go to her and find out but she respected that Kagome would probably wish to talk to Kaede alone, whatever happened. Miroku was close behind her and he too had seen his friend running to the Miko's hut. "What do you think has happened?" He asked his love.

"I don't know, I hope they're both alright. They've been through enough already, it's not fair."

"I agree, do you think maybe we should carry on the search for Inu- yasha? If Kagome did find him I'm guessing that he has probably been 'sit' a few times by the looks of Kagome. I'm not sticking up for him but this can't be easy for him either."

"Poor Inu-yasha, imagine dieing and coming back only to have forgotten everything. It must be terrible." Miroku put his hand round his wife and sighed agreement. "Lets go find him Miroku." Sango said and together walked back into the forest in search for the hanyou.

Inu-yasha had moved from his spot in the dirt and back into the tree where he looked at the necklace that hung round his neck. Despite having married her, loved her, protected and save her, Kagome obviously didn't trust him enough to back up those arguments he had with Kaede about removing these cursed beads. Oh well, it didn't matter. He wouldn't giver her the chance to do it again, it bloody hurt when she said that word and he was quite happy not having to go through that experience again. He heard his name being called though they were a way off his acute sense of hearing picked it up easily. They were talking about him and Kagome - big surprise there. Oh well he better be going, he was now a free hanyou. There were places he wanted to go, wanted to visit but always felt awkward telling Kagome. He frowned at the thought of her, was he doomed to think of her all the time? This memories tainted by the sight of her kissing someone else, the heartache shooting through his body every time he heard her name called? He hoped not, it was getting old very fast and he didn't care much for it. He sighed and jumped down from the tree, the one place he did want to go more than anywhere was Kagome's time. It wasn't because it was hers but because he was always dreadfully curious about it. Kagome never let him venture into the 'city' alone because she was afraid for what he might do but there were so many wonders he wanted to know about. He wanted to get it over and done with first, should Kagome return to her time she may block up the well and he wanted to look at the bright, dazzling lights and strange but useful Youkais that carried humans place to place before she had a chance to. Or at least that what he told himself was the reason he was going. But something deep inside, like a nagging voice that told him otherwise. But when did he ever listen to that voice?





He was probably stupid venturing into a world he hardly knew anything about and was too stubborn to learn when he had the chance. But so far so good. He would have to wear that stupid cap but did not bother with those squeaky shoes to just to fit into a world where there were apparently no Youkais. He was not in any mood to fight; all the aggression had left him it seemed which he was partly thankful for. He wouldn't be able to lash out at certain things such as those 'cars' or 'buses' but he made a note not to anger them and hopefully they would not do the same to him. He would have to simply give them the right of way. Now was one of those times he stood at the side of the road waiting for the beasts to rush pass him while he waited to get to the other side. Was it not to his hardened soles of his feet Inu-yasha's feet would probably be cut to shreds with the amount of glass and gravel that would impale normal feet. >>A/N = Ever tried walking round your street barefoot? >< Bloody painful when you're crossing the road. << He managed to get to the other side without arguments and he noticed the lush and welcoming green grass and trees of a park. Kagome had taken him here once or twice but never before have he looked at it all. Those times were always a quick 'get in, sit down, talk and leave' before he could take everything in (or fight with any of the kids.)

Inside the park it was fairly quiet despite the night being fairly young. There were the odd person walking through here and there but no one really stayed in there long enough to insult him. He found a nice little bench by a lake and took a seat. He leaned his head back and looked at the black lightless sky. No stars shone through thick black clouds and neither did the moon, but there were plenty of lights down here, bright and multicoloured. Inu-yasha found himself wondering what trade hunters had round here, they could hardly use the cover of night since everything was so light, but there again this was a strange place with strange people. He got a few odd looks from passers by despite his more or less human appearance in this dim light and his cap but he put it down to them lot being so weird looking they were marvelled to see such a hansom and well dressed fellow who was obviously a great warrior. He smiled smugly at that thought, these people dressed in weird rags were indeed strange but they weren't that bad. No one had really given him any hassle today and he was happy for that. He leaned forward again and lent of his knees, he now looked at the stretch of rippling water in front of him. Suddenly a woman, no a girl, for she was no older than fourteen, sat next to him. She was holding a brown bag of sorts that looked as though it was made from some kind of rice paper. She wore those glasses that Kagome had once explained to him, with shoulder length brown hair and freckles that dotted over her nose she smiled sheepishly at him. "Don't mind if I sit here do you?" She asked in a quiet voice. Her green eyes were cast down to the ground before she had spoken but now she gazed at him over the top of her glasses. He smiled and as did she.

"Sure, the bench don't belong to me." He told her.

"Thanks. I'm Holly by the way, I've just came to live in Japan with my dad last month." She had put the bag to the side of her as she spoke. Now that he thought of it her accent was a little off, but not so much that he was unable to understand the kid.

"I'm Inu-yasha. I'm new here too, where you from?"

"Britain, I miss home but I love Japan. What about you? Where did you come from?"

"Err..." This question had caught him off-guard. He couldn't tell her the truth but he didn't know of anywhere else but Japan. "Here and there, I travel a lot. I don't have a home country." That sounded dumb, but better then nothing I suppose.

"Must be wonderful to travel. I've only been here and Britain of course. Oh well." She sighed blissfully. "I better be going soon, there are a lot of weirdoes out this time at night, and I got a while to walk. Well I'll be seeing you around." She took her bag back into her arms and was about to leave when Inu-yasha stopped her.

"You don't think I'm weird?" He asked a little surprised. She giggled slightly and then shook her head.

"No. You're different but not weird, back home there are a lot of kids like you. With different hairstyles, clothes and what not. You're no different from seeing a Gothic walk into a shop or a hippy smoking a joint round the corner." Inu-yasha did not know of these people of who she talked about, maybe they were either Youkais or different species of human that he haven't saw yet.

"Why don't I walk you home, I got nothing else to do. I'm just looking around really, so it will give me a chance to look at the area a bit more." He didn't know why but he was behaving differently around this girl, he wasn't hostile lie he normally found himself when meeting strange strangers.

"Please! I really hate walking home alone in the dark! Thank you so much!" She exclaimed in a happy voice, a lot like Kagome's when she was happy about getting something right.

"Alright then, come on lets get going. You can tell me more of the kind of weirdoes you don't want to meet." He smiled at her but she didn't smile back this time. Her face was, if only for a moment, serious and afraid. But her expression changed to that of a happy person.

"Hai!"





Kagome decided to stay in the village that night with Kaede, Miroku and Sango that night. They all knew of the events that had happened and tried their best to cheer her up. In her lap Shippo curled into her, find a warm and comforting place from him to sleep while she absently stroked his head. She was tired but couldn't sleep and so stayed up talking quietly to Sango while Miroku and Kaede slept. "Is the world set bent on messing up my life or what?" She laughed half to herself and smiled at her concerned friend. "I'm going to kill Kouga when I next see him, I swear that wolf-Youkai have no respect for women!"

"You'll be surprised actually, Inu and Wolf Youkais have high respect for their female mate, but they see things differently from us humans I suppose and I bet female Youkais act a lot differently from us humans, so I bet to Kouga you're the one being weird." She saw the stern and threatening look on Kagome's face and laughed nervously. "I'm not sticking up for Kouga, but it helps to understand both points of view."

"Yeah I know. I mean I know what I feel about this whole situation and I'm trying to stay mad at Inu-yasha but I can't. I know what it must had looked like, and it wasn't too long ago that he finally accepted humans as trustworthy and then this happens! He must be terribly upset. I hope he doesn't do nothing rash." It had been bothering her for a while now. What would Inu-yasha do now? "Go and get your bow and arrow and shoot me through the heart just like Kikyo did. You'll be doing me a favour." What did he mean by that? Was he suggesting that he wanted death? Apart from the obvious implication that she had betrayed him, there was something else hidden in those words. And she dreaded to think what they were.

"Don't worry about Inu-yasha, just give him time to cool off and think. Things are happening very fast for you two, just let him catch his bearings. He'll be home before you know it." Sango told her in a cherry manner though deep inside she didn't believe her own words. Inu-yasha held grudges, and was more than likely to hold one on Kagome for a very long time.

"Thanks Sango, I needed that. What a lovely birthday presents all this has been huh? Oh well I don't suppose I'll be celebrating it in the way I thought I would be doing a week or so ago."

"Oh I forgot it was your birthday tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me, I would had felt rotten if I forgotten to give you your gift." Sango admitted sheepishly.

"It doesn't matter I don't feel like celebrating in any way tomorrow, I just want to find Inu-yasha." She declared. "I'm tired, I think I'll turn in now." She lifted Shippo off her lap and then began to lie down. "Goodnight Sango-chan."

"Goodnight Kagome-chan." Sango smiled and then she too curled up to sleep. Kagome had Shippo snuggling into her while Sango had her Kirara.





The girl had been pleasant to talk to and after agreeing that they'll have to meet up again one day Inu-yasha left. It was now rapidly approaching sunrise and so he decided to go back into his time now. More people would be able to recognise his 'distinguishable features' and so more likely to make a fuss or do something stupid. He had enjoyed his night in the future though it had been weird and exciting he wasn't at all tired but had somehow managed to revert back into his normal self. He probably could not forgive Kagome but something the girl had said last night made sense to him, and so Inu-yasha chose to go back his wife to at least give her something that he had been waiting to hand over for ages now.





>>Flash Back <<

Holly had proven to be quite a chatterbox and soon they were until to discussion about girlfriends and boyfriend. "I'm really too young to ever had a serious relationship but this one boy I liked asked me out and so I said yes. Caught him the week after asking this other girl didn't I?" She laughed and so did Inu-yasha. He wouldn't be surprise if this boy's name turned out to be Miroku.

"What did you do then?" He didn't really have much to say himself so just agreed or ask more questions.

"Well what could I do? I'm only a kid, and I knew it was nothing serious. We're still friends, there is no point in getting violent, people have to make their own choices and he made his. I made mine by not being childish and no we're still friends. What about you? Had any girlfriends?"

"Yeah." There was an amount of sadness in his voice even though he tried to hide it. It also had a certain edge to it, suggesting that she drop the matter straight away. She took the hint.

"What's your favourite food then?"





>>End of Flashback <<





He still had feelings for her, in fact his feelings towards her was so strong that he could easily work to put things to how they once were, but what hurt him and told him that that dream was impossible was that fact that Kagome had chosen another. Or at least it looked like that. Obviously humans weren't as loyal as inu-Youkais were, once chosen a mate they never chose another. But he had seen it happen all the time in the human world, especially on that 'Television' thing that Kagome had once showed him. He sighed sadly before jumping through the Well and landing back into his time. His world. He would have to go back to the hut first, there was something he must retrieve, that is if she hadn't already found it.





Kagome walked along side Sango, together they planned to go back to her hut and gets some things sorted. The young Miko had decided to stay on in this time, just in case Inu-yasha came back but the house was still a mess. After Inu-yasha had died, she had broken and attacked pretty much anything in the hut, had it not been for Miroku she probably would had destroyed the entire hut. She remembered that night. Full of anger, hate and grief.





Inu-yasha reached the hut. The door was slightly ajar but by the smell of it there was no one in there, nor had there been for the past few days. He was not prepared for what he had saw when he walked into his home. Everything was either smashed or upside down, it was as though there was a fight between Youkais and the hut was the battlefield. He stepped over broken pottery and nearly tripped over broken dinning room chair. "What happened in here Kagome?" He asked a silent question. This was self- inflicted, there had been no Youkais attacking this home or were they thieves who stole valuables from other people's huts. Inu-yasha knew it was Kagome who had done this to their home, and h e understood why. If the cards of fate had been different and it was he who had to suffer the pain of loss he probably would have destroyed more than the hut. In the corner of the bedroom was a small and secret compartment, he crept over to it more out of habit now than from fear of Kagome catching him and discovering his secret stash of goodies. He pulled out a small box and opened it. Carefully he plucked out a necklace made of glass beads, on the end was a pendent. A Pink crystal carved in the shape of a heart that caught the rays of the sun and reflected in many tiny colourful patterns all around. He had worked hard for this necklace. A Youkai jeweller had rewarded him the necklace that Inu-yasha had chosen after he had destroy a rather nasty 'acquaintance' of the jeweller. He was a small and frail Youkai, the hanyou remembered, but wonderfully skilled in the art of his choice but when some nasty ugly Snake Youkai threatened him Inu-yasha was willing to help but at a price of course. The necklace was bought and paid for as of two months ago.