InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha and Kagome's Modern Adventure ❯ The Ingenious Plan ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Inuyasha and Kagome'sModern Adventure
 
Chapter One: The Ingenious Plan
 
Kagome closed her eyes and bowed her head. `Ugh. Maybe I should just give up and drop out.' Her hazel eyes danced across the page. `I knew I shouldn't have stayed so long in the feudal era.'
 
She glanced around the room. All her classmates had their heads held down with their pencils going at top speed. Boy, how she envied them. They knew exactly what they were doing while she was sitting there, in a daze.
 
Placing her pencil down on the desk, Kagome took a deep breath to calm her nerves. `You're never going to get through this if you're mind isn't cleared.' She hoped that the breath would help her concentrate more. `Now back to this test.'
 
She raced through her mind, hoping that what she needed to survive this test would be there. `Maybe I can make it through this just maybe…' She was suddenly drawn out of her thought as she heard the teacher call her name.
 
“Ms. Higurashi?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“There's someone here to see you.”
 
In stepped a tall, muscular boy with silver hair, wearing something that looked like it had com from the feudal era…
 
“Inuyasha!” Kagome screamed.
 
His golden eyes searched for the all too familiar voice. He finally found the source of the sound.
 
`Oh my god! What is he doing here?! So much keeping my mind clear.'
 
She stood up quickly and rushed over to Inuyasha. Before Inuyasha could say anything, Kagome pushed him out into the vacant hall.
 
“What do you think you're doing here?!” She screamed at Inuyasha
 
“I came here to see what was taking you so long to get back. It's time that we start searching for the jewel shards again.”
 
“I told you that I would be back in a few days. I really need to stay here and catch up in my studies.”
 
“Keh. I don't see what the big deal is. It looks to me like you just sit there, writing on a piece of paper.”
 
“There's a lot more to it than you think. That piece of paper determines my future.” At the thought, Kagome dropped her head. `Great, I just wasted a lot of my test time talking with Inuyasha. Now I'm never going to finish.'
 
Noticing the sudden change, Inuyasha looked confusingly at Kagome. “What's wrong with you?”
 
“Why did you have to come now? Now I'll never finish my test.” Tears formed in her eyes.
 
Inuyasha never enjoyed making Kagome cry. “Um…I didn't mean to make you cry, but we need to get back soon.”
 
“You just don't understand! You don't understand anything about this time!” Kagome raged. She beat her hands into his chest, pushing him away from her. “Why don't you just go back to my house and I'll meet you there in a little bit.”
 
Not wanting to upset Kagome any more, Inuyasha did as she said. “Keh, I still don't understand why she's so upset.”
 
Kagome walked back into the classroom and sat down at her seat. She looked back down at the test. `Why does Inuyasha always have to ruin everything? Maybe it would've been better if I'd of never met him.' Sighing, she turned her head and stared out the window.
 
~@~@~@~@~@~@~
 
A bell sounded, followed by a bustle of students rushing out of classrooms into the hall. Outside on the steps, Kagome said goodbye to her friends and headed on home.
 
For a while, Kagome felt guilty about how she had treated Inuyasha. It wasn't his fault that he didn't know anything about this time. She tried to think of a way to apologize to him, but suddenly decided to forget about it. He had ruined everything. Her chances of making a decent grade on that test went down the drain when he showed up. `He can be so inconsiderate sometimes,' she thought with rage.
 
“Hey, sis!” Her brother, Souta, called out. “Inuyasha's inside waiting for you.”
 
She walked inside and found Inuyasha in front of the television. He seemed to enjoy the television, almost as much as ramen. Kagome giggled at the thought, but stopped, realizing that she was supposed to be mad at him.
 
Inuyasha slowly turned around. Kagome glared at him, her eyes burning with a fire he had never seen before. A shiver ran up his spine, knowing that the glare had something to do with what happened earlier. She walked out of the room and up the stairs to her room. Inuyasha decided to follow, bracing himself for an outburst from Kagome.
 
Her room was exactly the way he remembered it, a bed at one side of the room and a desk sitting on the opposite side. Kagome stood at the window placed in the middle of the room. She looked out over the grounds deep in thought. Inuyasha walked in slowly, not wanting to abruptly shake Kagome from her thoughts. Nothing good could come of that.
 
After a few minutes, Kagome turned around and stared at Inuyasha. Surprisingly, the fire he first saw had died down. He sighed with relief. Maybe she wouldn't scold him too hard this time.
 
Feeling safe, Inuyasha spoke. “I'm sorry for interrupting you earlier. I didn't mean to make you upset. I was just…worried. You've been gone for a while now.”
 
“I was gone because I needed to leave and go to school.” Kagome spoke softly, worrying Inuyasha. “I've just been gone for so long. I've missed so much.”
 
Inuyasha could tell that she was about to cry again. “It's okay. I guess I just don't really understand how important this is to you.”
 
Kagome sighed. He was right, painfully right. Inuyasha didn't know anything about her time, or even her. Her heart fell. No matter how much she believed they understood each other, there was still so much they didn't know about each other. `I guess it's not Inuyasha that has a barrier around their heart. There are things that I can't tell him because he just won't understand. He doesn't understand me at all and I…don't understand him either.'
 
Tears strolled down her cheeks. She plopped herself on the bed and put her head in her hands. Inuyasha didn't understand what he could've said to make her cry again. Walking carefully over to the bed, he sat down next to her a put his right arm around her shoulder.
 
“Kagome, I'm sorry if I said something to hurt your feelings.”
 
She raised her head out of her hands and looked straight into his amber eyes. How ethereal they were. No where could she have gone to find such lovely eyes. Maybe it wasn't all bad, meeting him. She reached up and placed her hands on Inuyasha's fuzzy silver ears. She stroked them, savoring the softness. She wouldn't be able to feel these magnificent ears if she hadn't have met him.
 
Inuyasha was taken aback at her reaction. His eyes went wide, but he could argue that it did feel nice when she stroked his ears like that. `Anything to make her feel better.'
 
He wrapped his arms around her and brought her closer to him. Kagome stopped rubbing his ears and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. How she loved when they made up like this. It was perfect. If only they could have more time, alone, to get to know each other.
 
“If you need to stay a little longer, then it's okay with me. I'll just go back and tell the others that you're feeling a little under the weather.”
 
“Thanks, Inuyasha.” Kagome smiled and whipped the remaining tears from her eyes. `He can be thoughtful, when he wants to be.'
 
Suddenly, a thought struck Kagome's mind. `He can go back to the feudal era, tell everyone that I'm staying behind for a little while longer, and then…he can come back here and spend some time with me in my time.' She smiled at her ingenious plan. How could she be failing school with such a mind as hers?
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“How would you like to spend some time with me in my time?” Kagome asked.
 
Inuyasha's eyes' widened. Was she serious? She usually didn't like him to stay in her time for too long.
 
“Are you serious?”
 
Kagome closed her eyes and cocked her head to the side. “Of course I am. So, how about it? I can show you around my time and you could come to school with me, but of course we'd have to change your look a little bit.” She said the latter with a mad-scientist kind of enjoyment.
 
Inuyasha gulped. He hated when she got crazy ideas in her head that he didn't understand the meaning. Nervously, he agreed. `More time with Kagome? Sounds like a deal I can't pass up.'
 
Kagome clapped her hands together and smiled. “This will be an adventure we won't forget any time soon, I promise.” Inuyasha nodded his head and jumped out her window. She waved goodbye and watched as he went inside the shrine to disappear through the sacred well.
 
`This will definitely be a time no one will ever forget.' She gulped and bowed her head to pray.
 
~@~@~@~@~@~@~
 
Well here's another story from yours truly. ^^ I hope you guys will like this story. There won't be a lot of romance, unlike the last one I wrote, but of course there will be some. Hopefully these two will become closer to each other through this experience. We'll just have to see. So please read and review! I love hearing from people, especially when it comes to my writing.