InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha and Kagome's Modern Adventure ❯ The Morning Of ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Six: The Morning Of
 
Inuyasha awoke suddenly to the sound of beeps. `Gah, what the hell is that? It hurts my ears.' He growled to himself.
 
“Kagome,” he called, groggily.
 
Kagome moaned in response and turned over in her bed. “Just five more minutes and then I'll get up.”
 
“Kagome!” Inuyasha spoke a little louder.
 
Kagome couldn't help but turn back around and face Inuyasha. “What do you want?” She asked angrily.
 
“What is this dreadful noise?”
 
“Oh, it's just my alarm clock. It helps me wake up in the morning.”
 
“Feh, not very well.” Inuyasha pointed out. “You're still in bed even after it beeps.”
 
“Some mornings are harder than others.” Kagome retorted.
 
“Whatever. Could you just turn it off?! It's hurting my ears!”
 
Kagome groaned. “Fine. I'll get up just for you and your ears.” Kagome slowly rose and brought her whole body around to the side of the bed. She raised her arms up as high as she could and placed her feet on the ground. `Gah, cold as always.' She sighed.
 
She reached out her hand and turned the alarm clock off. “Is that better for ya?”
 
Inuyasha rolled his eyes. She should've warned him about the wake up call. He could've braced himself, maybe even woke up earlier, if he would've known.
 
He looked around the room. Kagome was gone. `Where the hell did that woman go?' He grunted.
 
He slowly rose up from the floor and walked out of the room. He took one step out of the room and suddenly he was bombarded by the smell of food. `Mmmm, smells so good, but where is Kagome?'
 
He decided to go over to the bathroom and see if she was there. When he arrived, the door was closed. He pressed his ears against the door. The sound of rushing water filled his ears. `She must be taking a bath. What's with women and taking showers every time you turn around?'
 
“Morning, Inuyasha.”
 
Inuyasha jumped, startled at the sound. He turned quickly around and saw Souta standing in the hallway. “Heh, mornin'.” Inuyasha responded.
 
“You normally have to wait for the bathroom in the morning,” Souta explained. “It's a morning tradition around here.”
 
“Heh. I just wanted to see where Kagome went.” Inuyasha retorted.
 
Souta yawned and walked off. “Whatever.”
 
Confused, Inuyasha followed his nose to the kitchen. Maybe food would make him not as confused.
 
 
Inuyasha strode into the kitchen and sat at the table.
 
“Good morning, Inuyasha.” Mrs. Higurashi greeted. “Are you ready for your first day of school?”
 
“Heh,” was all Inuyasha gave her.
 
“Starting your first day of school can be pretty nerve racking, especially if you've never been before,” Mrs. Higurashi mothered.
 
“Eh, it shouldn't be that bad. I'm sure things aren't as tough as Kagome makes it.”
 
“Don't get too over-confident,” Mrs. Higurashi warned.
 
“Whatever.”
 
“Here.” Mrs. Higurashi placed a dish piled high with food in front of Inuyasha. “You're going to need a lot of strength today.”
 
Inuyasha sniffed at the food. Bacon, eggs, sausage, and pancakes covered every inch of the plate. His mouth watered at the delicious smell. With out a moment's more hesitation, Inuyasha dove right in, gobbling everything on the plate. Mrs. Higurashi watched and chuckled at the sight. `Inuyasha may be a demon, but he's still a growing boy with an appetite.'
 
 
Once Inuyasha was done, he thanked Mrs. Higurashi for the meal and walked back towards Kagome's room. He saw Kagome, dressed in her normal green and white uniform, sitting at her desk, rummaging through her school books. Sitting next to her was the yellow backpack she carried around with her in the feudal era. Instead of filling it with her modern supplies, all she packed were her school books.
 
Inuyasha walked deeper into the room, trying as hard as he could to not interrupt Kagome. He went over to her bed and sat down as gracefully as he could on her bed. No matter how gracefully he lowered himself, he couldn't stop the bed springs from making a squeaking sound. Kagome whipped her head around.
 
“Oh, good morning, Inuyasha.” Kagome cheered.
 
“So what's with all the books?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“These are my school books. This one is my Math book; this my English book. I have a book for every class I'm taking. By the end of the day, you'll have just as many books as I have.” She pointed out.
 
“Can't wait.” Inuyasha huffed.
 
“Hey, why aren't you dressed yet? It's almost time for school to start.”
 
“Well you took so long in the bathroom that I couldn't go in a get ready! Besides, what am I supposed to wear? I don't have a uniform like yours.”
 
“Oh, I think mom put one in my closet for you.” Kagome strolled over to the closet and slid the doors open. She raced through the clothes hung on the rack. “It should be here somewhere…ah ha! Here it is!” She turned around, a smile beaming on her face, and brought out a black school uniform. She raised high enough in front of her for Inuyasha to see it clearly.
 
“I'm supposed to wear that?!” Inuyasha pointed a finger at it with shock.
 
“Yeah? Why don't you go and try it on.”
 
“I'm not going to try that thing on!” Inuyasha faced away from Kagome and folded his arms. No way would she ever get him to wear that thing. One, it looked very uncomfortable. How was he going to be able to run from one place to the other without loosing his breath? If Kagome got into trouble, as she always seemed to do, he didn't know if he would be able to protect her. Secondly…well, he didn't really have a second reason other than he really didn't want to.
 
“Inuyasha, stop being so stubborn!” Kagome yelled. “There's nothing wrong with this uniform. Personally, I really like the guy's uniforms. It makes them look very masculine.”
 
Inuyasha growled softly. Why did he always give in to her demands? Inuyasha stood abruptly up and stomped towards Kagome. He flung out one of clawed hands and snatched the uniform from Kagome's hands. He lowered his head closer to the uniform. His nose sniffed and his eyes glared at the uniform. He took in every detail of the uniform, the stitching, buttons, and zippers, twice.
 
“All I want is for you to try it on.” Kagome begged.
 
“Heh, fine! But if I don't like it, I'm not going to wear it.” Inuyasha growled.
 
Kagome nodded her head, her smile appearing once again. “That's all I ask.”
 
Inuyasha left the room, huffing and cursing under his breath, and went into the bathroom. He took off his hoari and undergarments and slung them onto the floor. He reached out and took the bottoms of the uniform. `I guess this will be just like trying on those other clothes.' He did the same thing he did with the other pants and got the bottoms secured. They were a little tight, but not as bad as he thought they would. Of course, he still wouldn't be able to run from roof top to roof top, but he didn't think Kagome would like him doing that anyways.
 
Next came the top. It looked like it would be a little more difficult to put on, what with all the buttons. `If I could put on those pants without any problems, then I can certainly do the same with this.' He unbuttoned the front of the shirt, having a little bit of trouble because of his claws. Once the shirt was wide open, Inuyasha stuck one of arms through the sleeve of the coat and then did the same with his other arm. He shifted his shoulders forward so the shirt jacket fell forward across his chest. Very carefully and slowly, he buttoned it close.
 
“Gah, what's taking Inuyasha so long? I hope he's not having in trouble.” Kagome contemplated.
 
Her contemplation was answered by the sound of door creaking. Kagome's eyes widened when Inuyasha came walking into the room with his uniform on. Everything seemed to fit perfectly. The shirt fit snuggly, but not too snuggly, across his chest, accenting his well structured chest. The pants were a perfect length and seemed to fit fairly loosely. All in all, Kagome thought Inuyasha looked very handsome, almost as handsome as Hojo, the hottest boy in school.
 
“See, it's not so bad, is it?” Kagome smiled.
 
“Keh, it's better than nothing, I guess. If I had a choice, I'd discard this thing in a second though.”
 
Kagome sighed. `He'll never change.'
 
Kagome glanced over at the clock on the bed stand. 7:30am. Her eyes widened.
 
“Oh no, I totally lost track of the time. We have to get going, Inuyasha.” She rushed over to her desk, grabbed her yellow backpack, and rushed towards the door. She looked back at Inuyasha.
 
“Are you coming or what?” She called back.
 
“Yeah, yeah. What's the big rush anyways?”
 
“We're going to be late if we don't get going!”
 
Inuyasha picked up the Tetsusaiga he had laid on the floor next to Kagome's bed. “I'm ready now.”
 
“What do you think you're doing?” Kagome looked down at the sword next to Inuyasha's hip.
 
“I'm getting ready for school, duh.” He mocked.
 
She motioned towards his sword. “You are not going to school with that!”
 
“And why not? What if someone comes out and tries to fight us?”
 
“I don't think you'll have to use a sword if that happens. You're strong enough just using brute force.” Kagome pointed out with a finger extended in the air. “Besides, weapons are not allowed in school.”
 
“Heh, fine, but don't come screaming to me when someone attacks you and I can't defeat him.” Inuyasha spat. He set Tetsusaiga back where he had picked it up.
 
Kagome sighed heavily. “I've told you once and I've told you twice; this time is not as dangerous as your time.”
 
 
“Bye mom! We'll see you later!” Kagome called at the front door.
 
Mrs. Higurashi stuck her head out of the kitchen. “My my, Inuyasha! You look so handsome with you black hair and black uniform.”
 
“Heh, thanks.”
 
“Have a great day at school you two. Stay out of trouble.” The latter was directed more towards Inuyasha than Kagome.
 
Inuyasha huffed and followed Kagome outside.
 
“You seem a bit twitchy, Kagome.”
 
“What? Oh, I'm fine.” She lied. In all honesty, she was terrified out of her mind. The thought of carrying Inuyasha to school and having him interact with humans wasn't so bad. Actually doing it was a lot harder. Kagome's mind raced with thoughts of disaster. `So much can go wrong. No matter how much I dress him as a human, his personality is definitely not human.'
 
Inuyasha could smell the fear and stress on Kagome. “Don't worry, Kagome. I'll try and be on my best behavior, but,” he quickly added in, “I can't promise you anything. If anyone tries to hurt you, you can believe I'll pounce on them in a second.”
 
“Heh, it's nice to know that you'll protect me.” Kagome replied nervously. “Just don't go overboard or anything. Try to make it look more human-like.”
 
 
Alright, here's the next chapter. I think I did a fairly good job on this chapter also. I'm very proud of myself; my writing has gotten considerable better I think. Next time: Inuyasha starts his first day at school. How will it go? I don't know yet, but if ya'll have anything you would like to happen, just review and tell me.
 
~eternal_sunshine21