InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha and Kagome's Modern Adventure ❯ A Sweet Apology ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Fourteen: A Sweet Apology
 
Inuyasha jumped up into the Goshinboku, the sacred tree. He perched himself on the highest limb and fell back against the trunk.
 
“Humph, she's even worse than Kagome,” he laughed to himself. “How could I be so stupid to even think that she could've been any better than Kagome?”
 
But that wasn't the main question here. The main question was, how was he going to apologize to Kagome for his recent behavior? He thought about groveling, but his pride told him to figure out another way. Once he apologized, would Kagome accept it? Would she welcome him back with open arms, or with a cold, turned shoulder? Inuyasha shook his violently; he didn't even want to think about the latter. Surely Kagome would forgive him. She may be a little upset for a while, but she would get over it with time. With that, Inuyasha closed his eyes to rest.
 
 
The stars in the black, night sky glistened thanks to the rays of the moon. A soft breeze swept through the leaves of Goshinboku. Leaves broke away from the branches and followed the wind, twisting and turning in the air. Like the leaves, a girl's black hair swept upwards with the wind. She took her hand and forced some of her hair towards the back of her head to get it out of her face. She shielded her eyes as the leaves that were carried by the wind danced around her.
 
She kept walking, holding her the bottom of her forest green gown up away from her feet. She didn't feel like tripping right now. As she passed the sacred tree, she raised her upwards to look at the indention on the trunk of the tree. Although no one knew why that mark was there, she knew all too well. Inuyasha. Her eyes turned away from the mark and climbed upwards through the branches. Strands of silver hair wrapped halfway around the trunk. Her chocolate eyes followed the strands to the end. A pair of silver dog ears protruded upwards from the hair. As her eyes traveled farther, an outline of a boy wearing a red hoari appeared.
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
The boy's body twitched slightly. He turned his head, revealing two golden eyes that glowed thanks to the light of the moon. His mouth opened slightly, revealing two fangs. If she hadn't have known who he was, she would've run for cover right then.
 
“What is it, Kagome?” he asked her, surprise in his voice.
 
“Um…nothing really,” she hesitantly replied. “I just wanted to see how you were.”
 
“I'm fine,” he answered. “How are you doing?”
 
She was surprised that he would ask her that. He wasn't the type to care about how someone else was. “I'm okay.”
 
“That's good.” He stood up on the branch and jumped down, landing with a soft thud. Kagome had always been awed by how gracefully he moved.
 
“Listen, Kagome,” he began, but was cut off.
 
“I'm sorry!” Kagome yelled quickly. She bent her head down to look at the ground.
 
“K-Kagome?”
 
“I'm sorry for being such a jerk. I shouldn't be so controlling. You're your won person and I have no right to tell you what to do.”
 
Inuyasha moved closer to her and placed his hand under her chin. He raised his hand up, bringing along with Kagome's head. He looked into her sparkling, brown eyes. Kagome's eyes widened as he bent down a little lower. She could feel his warm breath on her face. What was he doing?
 
“You have nothing to be sorry for. It was all my fault; I shouldn't have done what I did. You don't deserve it.”
 
He brought his head further down but turned off to the left before he reached her face. His head hit her shoulder. His hands slithered over her body to connect at her back. He squeezed her tightly, forcing her to move closer.
 
A soft whimper issued from Inuyasha. “I-Inuyasha?” Her eyes softened a little. Inuyasha really felt bad for what he did to her. She raised her arms and wrapped them around his body. “It's okay, Inuyasha. I forgive you.”
 
“I don't deserve it,” Inuyasha whimpered.
 
“Don't deserve it? What made you think that?”
 
“The way I treated you, you didn't deserve that from me.”
 
“We all make mistakes,” Kagome pointed out. “It's part of being human.”
 
“That's just it,” Inuyasha started, lifting his head off her shoulder. “I'm not human, Kagome. I'm demon, and what I did to you was my demon side showing its ugly face. I-I understand if you don't want to be with me anymore.”
 
“Stop that, Inuyasha,” Kagome yelled slightly. “If your demon side bothered me so much, I would be long gone by now.” Kagome smiled warmly up at Inuyasha. She snuggled closer, deeper into his broad chest. Inuyasha's heart skipped a beat. He wrapped his arms tighter around her. He would do anything to protect her from the people he started to become.
 
 
Sorry it took me so long to update. It's just that school started so I'm pretty bogged down with homework. Such is the life of a college student. I also apologize for the shortness of this submission. I know I've written longer, more in-depth chapters, but I'm going ahead and posting this just so ya'll will know that I'm still here and continuing the story. Just to warn you all ahead of time, it may be another couple of weeks before another chapter is submitted (due to the above mentioned). Thanks for still supporting me and my art!
 
~eternal_sunshine21