InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Bad Timing ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to IB4Y on May 23, 2011. Won 3rd place.

Title: Bad Timing
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Humor/Romance
Word Count: 493
Warnings: None
Summary: Miroku and Sango have really bad timing. (Slight reference to Soaked which can be found http://iyfic-contest.livejournal.com/757359.html


Kagome cleared her throat. Getting no response she did it again, louder.

From his position lounging next to the well Inuyasha said “You should get that looked at, it sounds really bad.”

“Baka!” she said with a huff. But he continued to ignore her. “Ahem!”

Finally he moved and peered into the well, a smug look on his face. “Yes?”

“Help me out of here” she huffed.

“Thought you said you didn't need my help” he told her with a smirk, referring to their earlier argument. “Why don't you climb out yourself?”

“This bag is heavy” she whined and gave him a pleading look.

He crossed his arms as if thinking it over. “Fine” he said as he stretched an arm down and easily hauled her out, placing her on the well's ledge.

“About time” Kagome huffed as she made to jump down. But the heavy yellow bag unbalanced her and she fell forward into Inuyasha, knocking them both to the ground. Groaning, she lifted her head only to pause as she stared into Inuyasha's face. It was so close. She felt her heart beat speed up as slowly their faces began to close the short distance between them. She could feel his warm breath mingling with hers and her eyes closed as their lips were about to meet-

“Ahem!”

Startled, the two jumped apart to see their friends in front of them. Sango was blushing while Miroku grinned lecherously down at them and asked “Are we interrupting? We can always come back later if you would like to finish.” He smiled knowingly at them.

Their faces flushed a bright red as they immediately began to voice denials. “It's not what you think” Kagome hastened to explain.

“Feh! Clumsy wench fell on me.” He ignored her angry glare which softened when he grabbed her bag from her and slung it onto his own shoulder as they began to head toward the village.

“Sorry” she murmured to him.

“Keh. Don't see why you need all this stuff anyway. You can't even carry it by yourself.”

She smiled at him. “But I don't have to worry about that when I have a big, strong hanyou to help me out.”

He blushed, meeting her playful gaze. “Feh.”

Forgotten behind them, Sango and Miroku shared a look before clearing their throats once more. “Ahem!” They smiled at the dirty looks sent their way.

“You guys have really bad timing” Kagome said, glaring at the two who smiled innocently at her. Exchanging a look with Inuyasha she smirked and reached into her bag, pulling out two familiar objects and handing one to Inuyasha. “You have to the count of three” she warned them.

They exchanged a quick look before taking off in the direction of the village as Kagome and Inuyasha chased them, firing their super soakers.
Converting /tmp/phpB8MkKG to /dev/stdout