InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ His Strength (Edited Version) ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Blanket Disclaimer:Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.----------------------------------


Originally posted to IB4Y on August 4, 2011 for W-Prompt #10 Hope. Won 3rd place.

Title: His Strength
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Action/General
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 250
Warnings: Mentions of injuries but nothing specific.
Summary: Inuyasha struggles to protect Kagome while in a battle against Naraku.

Author's note: This was a pain to edit to meet the word count. I accidentally read the word count for the wrong prompt when I started this and thought I had a maximum of 500 words. This was the version that I posted for the contest. The complete version can be found in chapter 1 of One Battle on my profile.
---------------------------------

Inuyasha growled as tentacles headed towards Kagome, again. He immediately placed himself between them and her, wincing at the new wound. 'That's alright. I'll heal. Better me than Kagome.'

Raising Tessaiga, he unleashed the wind scar, satisfied when several tentacles were severed.

He panted, his body couldn't take much more. Kagome notched an arrow. Naraku saw as well. Inuyasha resisted the urge to yell. Why was she drawing attention to herself?! Instead, he took the blow yet again, golden eyes flashing pain and determination. He hoped to find the strength to end this.

Kagome cried out, her voice filling him with strength. He had to protect her, at all costs! He unleashed another attack. His attacks were getting stronger. He unleashed another, and another. She must remain unharmed!

Hope filled him. Naraku became desperate, trying to distract him. But Inuyasha focused on ending this, for Kagome's sake, no longer feeling his exhaustion or wounds, only strength rushing through his body at the knowledge that he had to protect Kagome.

Then it was over, Naraku running away, Saimyosho covering his escape. Inuyasha stood a moment longer, Tessaiga ready. Satisfied he was truly gone, Inuyasha collapsed.

Gentle hands turned him over, searching him for injuries. He resisted. Instead, his eyes roamed  her body, searching for any injury. A faint smile escaped him, his hopes were answered, she was unharmed. He had managed to protect her, his light, his strength, his hope. Satisfied, he drifted off knowing he was in safe, capable hands.
Converting /tmp/php09z4IB to /dev/stdout