InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Differing Definitions ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest for Prompt #259 Modesty.

Title: Differing Definitions
Author: ananova
Rating: K+
Prompt: Modesty (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: General
Word Count: 250
Warnings: Mild language
Summary: A disagreement occurs when Kagome becomes irritated by Inuyasha's boasting.
--------------------------

Kagome rolled her eyes, exchanging looks with Miroku and Sango as they listened to Inuyasha continue to brag.

“-then the bastard tried to hit me with his club. Hah! Did you the look on his face when I sliced through that hunk of wood with Tessaiga? And then when I sliced him in half?” The smug hanyou turned to look at them, smirk firmly in place on his face. “You guys would have been lost without me!”

Kagome rolled her eyes again. “Whatever.”

Inuyasha narrowed his eyes. “Oi, what do you mean, 'whatever'? I didn't see you do anything to stop that oni wench.”

“I know, you were the one to defeat it. We've only been hearing about it for the last hour,” Kagome huffed, irritated by his continued boasting. “A little modesty goes a long way.”

Inuyasha gaped at her and began to sputter. “Oi! What the hell are you talking about?! You're the one that runs around practically naked, not me!”

Kagome glared at him. “Inuyasha,” she began slowly. “Osuwari!”

“Gah!”

Peeling his face from the ground, he watched the angry miko storm off. “What did I say?”

Sango glared at him as she followed Kagome but Miroku paused to shake his head at the confused hanyou. “You misunderstood Kagome-sama. She meant for you to be modest about your accomplishments, not your state of dress. Don't you know by now not to insult Kagome-sama's clothing choice?”
Converting /tmp/phptAxvTM to /dev/stdout