InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Not What They Seem ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Issekiwa on January 31, 2012 for Prompt #142 Meek and Mild.

Title: Not What They Seem
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Prompt: Meek and Mild (Issekiwa)
Genre: General
Word Count: 229
Warnings: None
Summary: Inuyasha spies on Kagome. But is he misinterpreting the situation?

----------------------


This was so wrong. That was the thought that flashed through Inuyasha's mind as he sat on the tree branch, claws digging into the bark and a growl threatening to escape his throat as he stared at the two below him. The slump of the school girl's shoulders, the dejected way she accepted the bundle of papers. Who was this meek and mild girl and where had the strong, fiery miko he knew gone?

He growled louder as the man turned and walked away, leaving Kagome to slump further in despair. He was torn. Go after the man and tear him to shreds for turning Kagome into this pathetic creature? Or stay and comfort her. It was a tough decision but one that was settled as soon as the scent of her tears reached him.

He leaped out of the tree and placed a hand on her shoulder. “Kagome?”

She turned and flung herself into his arms. “I did it Inuyasha! I passed my exams!” She laughed, giddy with happiness and relief.

He frowned in confusion. “So I don't have to tear that guy to shreds for making you cry?”

She pulled back and glared at him. “Don't you dare go threatening my teachers! Osuwari!”

Despite the pain of his face impacting the ground, Inuyasha grinned. That was the Kagome he knew and loved-er, tolerated.


Converting /tmp/phpk7LueF to /dev/stdout