InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Priceless ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This was the piece I originally wrote for the prompt Debt on IB4Y. I wasn't completely satisfied with it and eventually wrote another piece instead. I still might make use of this at some point in the future so I have decided to post it as well.

Title: Priceless
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Genre: General
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 205
Warnings: None
Summary: Inuyasha's thoughts on the well after Kagome returns to her time.

-------------


“No! Come on you stupid hunk of wood! Let me through!” Fists pounded the dirt floor of the old, empty well but it was no use. The magic was gone. He was trapped.

Inuyasha glared at the walls of the well, the urge to destroy them, rip the whole thing to splinters in his rage was staggeringly powerful. But he resisted. He knew that despite how he felt now, he had been blessed to have even met Kagome. Every moment that he had been able to spend with her was a precious gift. And he owed the well a huge debt for bringing her to him in the first place.

Sighing, he stood and leaped out of the well. He would be back, it was his last connection to Kagome. That alone was reason enough not to destroy the structure.

And so it went that Inuyasha would return to the well, time and again, though never succeeding in his attempts. Until the day that Kagome finally returned to him. On that day, he knew he owed the well a debt he would never be able to repay and vowed that for as long as he lived it would be protected and safe from destruction.



Converting /tmp/phpSIoz9Z to /dev/stdout