InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ A Beacon of Hope ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to IB4Y on March 11, 2012 for P-Prompt #16 - “And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” Won 2nd place.

Title: A Beacon of Hope
Author: ananova
Rating: K+
Genre: Action/Friendship
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 320
Summary: A battle with Naraku goes badly until Kagome decides enough is enough.

--------------------------------


Inuyasha growled, ears pinned tight against his head as he held a sleeve to his face. They were completely surrounded by Naraku's miasma, he couldn't see a way out of this. Despair filled him as he looked around through burning, watery eyes and noticed the others' equally slumped shoulders. He stiffened his own in response. Today might be the day he died but he wasn't going down without a fight. But before he could say or do anything, another voice filled the air.

“I won't let you get away with this Naraku! You've hurt too many people, you will pay for your misdeeds!” Kagome's voice was steady, full of conviction. “We will defeat you!”

Inuyasha turned and saw Kagome standing there, an arrow notched and glowing brightly. But more than the arrow, her entire being seemed to glow with an inner light. Watching her, he felt hope rise in his chest. They weren't going to fail! They would survive! They would beat Naraku! From the corner of his eye he saw the others stiffen and straighten as well, similarly affected by Kagome. It was as if the strength of her inner light was bringing out their own. As if she was giving them permission to let their own inner light shine by letting her own out.

Later, after they had caused Naraku to retreat Miroku questioned it. Kagome blushed but didn't have an answer.

Surprisingly it was Inuyasha who responded. “Feh. Kagome's the purest and kindest person I've ever seen. She's stubborn and has hope for the future. Makes sense that she would bring that out in others.” He then flushed and turned away, muttering about scouting the area before taking off, leaving the others staring thoughtfully at his back.

Miroku chuckled. “It would seem that Inuyasha was even more affected by Kagome-sama's light then we first assumed.” His words caused the girl to blush again.



Converting /tmp/phpgh6twt to /dev/stdout