InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Works Every Time ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Issekiwa on March 1, 2012 for Prompt #144 Tried and True. Won 3rd place.

Title: Works Every Time
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Prompt: Tried and True (Issekiwa)
Genre: Friendship
Word Count: 250
Warnings: None
Summary: After a bad confrontation in a village, Kagome seeks to cheer Inuyasha up. But first she must get him out of the tree.

------------------------------


Kagome sighed as she watched the red-clad figure sitting in the tree. She couldn't blame him for being upset, not after how those villagers had treated him. “Inuyasha?”

The rustling of the leaves was her only answer. “Inuyasha, please come down.” Still no response. “I know you're upset, you have every right to be. They had no right to say those things.”

“Feh. I'm fine. It's nothing I haven't heard before.” Still he made no move to leave his perch in the tree.

Kagome felt tears sting her eyes at that but forced them away. “Then there's no reason not to come down.”

“I don't want to.”

She nearly growled in frustration at his response. 'Okay, asking nicely isn't working. Time for the one tried and true method that is sure to work.' Lifting the lid of the container in her hand she watched as the steam rose into the air, carrying the scent of the hot food. She saw Inuyasha's head slowly begin to turn toward the smell and hid a smile. “I made ramen.”

“Keh.” But he jumped down and accepted the food from her. She let her fingers brush against his as she passed it to him, silently letting him know that she was there and he wasn't alone. She saw the expression on his face soften and smiled when he sat against the trunk of the tree instead of leaping back onto his previous perch. 'Works every time.'
Converting /tmp/phpbvo4fz to /dev/stdout