InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Bruises ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Issekiwa on March 29, 2012 for Prompt #146 Black and Blue. Won 2nd place.


Title: Bruises
Author: ananova
Rating: K+
Prompt: Black and Blue (Issekiwa)
Genre: General
Word Count: 250
Warnings: None
Summary: Set in early canon. Inuyasha discovers how easy a human can be injured.

---------------------------------


“Oi . Why aren't you up yet wench? We've got shards to find.”

Kagome groaned as she rolled over in her bag. “We got one yesterday. Can't we sleep in a little?” Her whole body ached. She was sure her body was one massive bruise after Inuyasha shoved her out of the way of the youkai's attack. She scowled. Though he had saved her life he could have been gentler.

“Feh. One measly shard. And how many more to go?”

Kagome sighed, knowing he wasn't going to leave her be. Shoving her sleeping bag aside she sat up and stretched, wincing as her body protested the movement. There was a blur of movement and then Inuyasha was by her side, staring at her with what looked like worry in his eyes before he masked it.

“What happened to you?”

“Huh?” Kagome followed his gaze to the large black and blue marks that covered her arms and legs. She shrugged. “Must have happened when I hit the tree after you knocked me out of the way of that attack. Thanks by the way.” She moved to get up but he stopped her.

“You can rest a little longer.” With that he moved away, mumbling something about weak humans but Kagome caught a glimpse of something in his eyes as he continued to glance at her bruises. And the next time he pushed her away from an attack she noted that he was a lot gentler.



Converting /tmp/phprrRv7Y to /dev/stdout