InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ That Irritating Sound ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest on February 28, 2012 for Prompt #277 Squeak. Won 3rd place.


Title: That Irritating Sound
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Prompt: Squeak (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: General
Word Count: 250
Summary: Kagome's bicycle is in need of some maintenance.

-------------------------


Squeak! Squeak!

Inuyasha felt his eye begin to twitch as his hand clenched into a fist. His ears flattened atop his head as he heard the sound once more. He longed to destroy the thing and be done with it. But that wasn't an option.

Squeak!

Determined, he kept his gaze forward, doing his best to ignore the irritating sound. He quickened his pace, trying to distance himself from the noise.

Squeak! Squeak! Squeak!

It was no use. The noise followed him, increasing as the origin of the noise also hastened it's pace in an effort to keep up with him. He suppressed a growl, unsure of how much more he could take.

Squeeaak! Squeeaak!

Finally he could take it no longer. Inuyasha whirled around, his sudden movement startling Kagome into hastily hitting the brakes on her bike. “Inuyasha? What's wrong?”

“Get off that damn contraption!” He glared at the bike.

“What?”

“Keh! It's slowing us down. Come on.” He turned and offered her his back while picking her bike up, resisting the urge to just destroy the thing. “I'm much faster, we'll cover more ground this way.”

Kagome rolled her eyes but complied. She had sensed his irritation earlier but had been unable to do anything about it. 'Better pick up more oil,' she thought as she glanced at the offending object. Still, she couldn't help but think that things had worked out in her favor after all as she wrapped herself around Inuyasha.
Converting /tmp/phpDS5PsG to /dev/stdout