InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Not a Piece of Junk ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest on March 5, 2012 for Prompt #278 One Man's Trash.

Title: Not a Piece of Junk
Author: ananova
Rating: K+
Prompt: One Man's Trash (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: General
Word Count: 247
Summary: A fight with a youkai leads Kagome to overhear some villagers opinion of Tessaiga.

-----------


Kagome winced as the youkai they were fighting knocked Tessaiga out of Inuyasha's hand as soon as he drew it from its sheathe. He hadn't even had time to transform the sword! She heard Inuyasha's growl of frustration and rage as he unleashed his youki based attacks even as she hurried in the direction Tessaiga had gone in.

She sighed in relief upon noticing that it hadn't gone far, landing amid a group of huddled villagers. However, rage immediately began to fill her upon hearing their comments.

“What a piece of junk! What did that animal think it was going to do with this old, rusted piece of crap?”

“Just what he deserves, garbage for the garbage!”

Fury filled her. How dare they! Inuyasha was risking his life for theirs and they had the nerve to stand there and say such things?! Kagome strode forward, snatching the sword away from them and giving them such an angry look that they cowered away from her.

Returning to where Inuyasha and the others were containing the youkai, she tossed Tessaiga to him and watched it transform into a magnificent fang in his hands. She watched as he easily dispatched the youkai then turned around, Tessaiga in all it's glory resting on his shoulder. She smirked as she heard the men behind gulp and whisper about the amazing sword he held. In their hands it was trash but in the right hands it was a treasure beyond belief.


Converting /tmp/phpP7XSod to /dev/stdout