InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Where I Belong ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest on April 3, 2012 for Prompt #281 Decadent. Won 3rd place.

Title: Where I Belong
Author: ananova
Rating: K+
Prompt: Decadent (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: Friendship
Word Count: 241
Summary: The group is offered lodgings for the night and Inuyasha worries that he has nothing to offer Kagome.

----------------------------------


Inuyasha scowled as he stared at the richly decorated walls. They had run into that fool Houjou Akitoki while searching for rumors of shards or Naraku and he had offered them lodgings which the others had eagerly accepted. The castle was large enough that they were each given their own rooms. He had not been happy to be separated from Kagome, even in the home of supposed ally.

His scowl deepened as he remembered the glimpse of the room that love-sick fool had shown Kagome to. It was lavishly decorated, fit for a Daimyo's wife, with all of the comforts that he would never be able to give her. Part of him feared that she would recognize that fact and he would lose her to someone who could offer her more.

His door sliding open startled him from his thoughts and he turned to see Kagome entering with her sleeping bag. At his look of confusion she gave him a smile. “That room is way too decadently decorated for me. I like my comforts but I'm not that self-indulgent that I need so many pillows and blankets. I don't belong there.”

But Inuyasha could see the rest of her statement written in her eyes. I belong here, with you. “Keh.” He moved over, allowing her to set her sleeping bag up along side his position. His tension and fears eased, he allowed himself to fall into a light sleep.



Converting /tmp/phpacKP5N to /dev/stdout