InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Cooking Up Disaster ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Issekiwa on June 6, 2012 for Prompt #151 Flower or Flour. Won 3rd place.

Title: Cooking Up Disaster
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Prompt: Flower or Flour (Issekiwa)
Genre: Friendship/Humor
Word Count: 240
Warnings: None
Summary: Kagome decides to cook something special for Inuyasha. She should have known better.
Author note: Why do I find it easier to use both prompts when it's an or instead of an and?

-------------------


“Isn't it done yet, wench?”

Kagome rolled her eyes. “Not yet.”

Inuyasha crossed his arms as he leaned against the counter behind her. “Don't see why you're wasting your time on this. Just make some ramen, it'll be faster. And tastier.”

She shot him a glare. “It'll be worth it, you'll see. Now, can you pass me the flour?”

Inuyasha looked around before giving her an uncertain look. “Don't see any flowers, besides why would you need them, to make the food pretty?” He sneered slightly at the last bit.

Kagome shook her head. Why did she bother? She should just give up and only feed him ramen. Well, she was sure he would love this one. “Not flowers, flour. It's in the bowl beside you.”

He picked up the bowl and eyed the contents. Certainly didn't look like any flower he'd ever seen. Maybe it was powdered flower? He gave it a sniff.

“Ah-Achoo!”

“Inuyasha!” Kagome exclaimed as she felt the flour settle over her. She turned to berate the hanyou and froze.

Inuyasha blinked at her. His golden eyes the only color to be seen, the rest of him completely covered in flour.  His face held the most confused look she had ever seen and she collapsed to the floor in laughter. As she laughed she gave up. She would feed him ramen, anything else would just end in disaster.