InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Kagome's Bag ( Chapter 41 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Inuyasha Fanfiction on June 18, 2012 for drabble #32 Pack Animal.

Title: Kagome's Bag
Author: ananova
Word Count: 500
Prompt: Pack Animal
Genre: Friendship
Rating: T
Warnings: Minor Language
Characters: Inuyasha and Kagome
Summary: Time to return to the past. As soon as Kagome finishes packing, that is.

------------------------

Kagome groaned as she struggled to close her bag. “Almost...there,” she said, sighing in relief as the buckle snapped into place. She looked at the bulging bag. “Maybe I should take something out? But what?” She thought about everything she had packed, her books, clothes, some food, candy and toys for Shippou, and couldn't think of anything she could leave behind. Still, she wondered how she would be able to carry it.

A noise at the window caught her attention and she turned to see Inuyasha climbing through. “Aren't you ready yet?” he asked irritably.

She gave him a bright smile. “Just finished packing.” An idea hit her. “Could you do me a favor and grab my bag for me while I go see if there's any more ramen in the kitchen?”

His eyes lit up at the mention of ramen and he turned to the bag. But he stopped dead at the sight of it. “What do I look like, a pack animal?” He snorted. “Carry your own damn bag.”

Kagome stopped, a pleading expression on her face. “Please Inuyasha?”

“Hell no!”

“But it's so heavy!”

Inuyasha snorted again, arms crossed over his chest. “Then leave something. Bet you don't need everything in there anyway.”She stomped her foot. “I do!”

He snorted, opening the bag. “Don't need this,” he held up the toys she had gotten for Shippou. “Or this,” he frowned at her make-up case.

She blushed. 'How did that get in there?' He was right, she didn't need that.

He continued to rummage through the bag. “Definitely don't need these,” he said with a smirk as he  pulled her textbooks out.

“Inuyasha! Put those back, I need to study or I'll fail!”

“Keh!”

Kagome slumped. “Fine, I'll go through it again. Maybe there are some things I can leave behind.” She dumped everything out and began to repack. She ignored Inuyasha as she made sure her books went in first, followed by her clothes and cooking supplies. Finishing, she had a small pile of things that she deemed she could survive without. She looked at the bag and sighed. While slightly smaller, it was still heavy.

Inuyasha glanced up at her sigh. He hated seeing that sad, defeated expression on her face. “Give it here wench,” he said. “We'll never get anywhere if you carry it.” He easily held it over one shoulder. “But you owe me!”

Kagome beamed at him. “Thank you, Inuyasha! I'll make you extra ramen tonight, okay?”

“Feh.” He head for the door, mollified by her promise, smirking when she couldn't see his face. 'Knew I'd end up carrying it. Least this way I get ramen.' No way he would have been able to ignore her struggles and whining if he had made her carry her own things, or her pleading looks. This way worked out for all involved.