InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Enjoying the View ( Chapter 43 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to At First Tweak on June 22, 2012 for Prompt #72 Heatwave and won 2nd place.


Title: Enjoying the View
Author: ananova
Rating: K+
Genre: Friendship/Romance
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 300
Summary: A hot day on the road leads to some spectacular views.

----------------------

Kagome groaned, wiping sweat from her face as the sun beat down on her. “I can't stand this heat! The others had the right idea, staying behind. It's too hot to go anywhere!”

“Feh, quit complaining wench,” Inuyasha replied, just as grouchy.

She turned to respond but stopped dead, her words forgotten at the sight before her. Unable to take the heat in his heavy haori, Inuyasha had stripped out of both it and his cotton kosode, leaving him bare from the waist up. Kagome swallowed hard as she watched the sweat roll down his hard, glistening chest.

“Oi, are you alright?”

His words, combined with the touch to her forehead snapped her out of her daze to find him staring worriedly at her. “I-I'm f-fine,” she stuttered.

He frowned, glancing up at the sun. “I think you're right, it is too hot for you. Come on, I'll find you some shade.”

He led her to a tree and she sighed in relief as she sat in the cool shade. “Wait here while I get you some water,” he ordered.

Kagome merely nodded. Once he was gone she reached for her bag. “No way I can stand long sleeves any longer,” she muttered, drawing out a tank-top and changing into it. She decided to leave the skirt on as it left her legs bare, uncaring that the top didn't exactly match. She sighed as the material immediately clung to her sweat-covered skin.

“Here's your-” Inuyasha's voice cut off as he stared at her, just as she had stared at him earlier.

Kagome grinned, enjoying the sight in front of her herself. He had done more than fetch water judging by his wet hair and chest. This heatwave wasn't so bad after all.