InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Unexpected Compliment ( Chapter 44 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest on June 23, 2012 for Prompt #290 Pretty in Pink.

Title: Unexpected Compliment
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Prompt: Pretty in Pink (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: Friendship/Romance/Humor
Word Count: 248
Summary: The others are surprised by Kagome's outfit. Follows Like Colors Only which is chapter 24 of this collection.

------------------------

“That is an interesting outfit, Kagome-sama,” Miroku said as the girl entered the hut.

“Thanks,” she said dryly, shooting her companion a glare.

“I said I was sorry, what more do you want from me?” Inuyasha groused.

“Hmph!” She crossed her arms and turned her head away.

“What happened Kagome-chan?” Sango asked as she too stared at Kagome's outfit.

“Yeah, why's your shirt so pink? I thought you always wore white shirts,” Shippou added.

Kagome turned her head to glare at the hanyou again. “Ask him!”

All faces turned to stare at Inuyasha. His face pinked. “It was an accident! How was I supposed to know?! Don't see why you're complaining anyway, you look pretty in pink.” His cheeks reddened further when he realized that he had actually spoken that aloud.

“R-really?” Kagome asked, blushing herself at the compliment.

“Keh.” Now Inuyasha turned his head, unwilling to answer the question.

Kagome beamed at him, her earlier irritation forgotten. “Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get going.” She turned and exited the hut, her head held up with pride. Inuyasha quickly followed.

The others hesitated a moment. “Do you think we should tell her that that shade of pink really doesn't go with her green skirt?” Miroku asked.

“No, why spoil her good mood?” Sango replied before they followed the pair out of the hut. None of them wanted to deal with an angry Kagome.