InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Dirty or Not? ( Chapter 54 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Originally posted to Issekiwa on July 18, 2012 for Prompt #154 Wash and Wear. It won 3rd place.

Title: Dirty or Not?
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Prompt: Wash and Wear (Issekiwa)
Genre: Friendship/Humor
Word Count: 250
Warnings: Minor Language
Summary: Kagome is introduced to certain truths of the feudal era and learns that sometimes you have to use the carrot instead of the stick. Set in early canon.

---------------------------

“What do you mean you gotta go home?! We've only been traveling a few days! We'll never find any shards at this rate!” Inuyasha glared at the girl from the future.

Kagome glared right back. “I told you, I'm out of clean clothes!”

“What are you talking about?!” Inuyasha grabbed her bag, shoving his hand inside to pull out the previous day's outfit. “There's nothing wrong with this!”

“Hey! I've told you to stay out of my things!” Kagome glared, snatching the items back. “That's dirty, I can't keep wearing the same clothes!”

Inuyasha stared in disbelief. “What the hell do you mean you can't wear it? It's not dirty! It doesn't smell and my nose is more sensitive than yours!”

“I wore it, I can't wear it again before washing it!” Kagome shoved the clothing back inside her bag.

Inuyasha growled. What did it take to get through to her? “I don't know about where you're from, but here we wear the same clothes for longer periods of time than one day! It takes time to wash clothes, time we don't have to waste!”

Kagome glared, opening her mouth to say 'it'.

Inuyasha noticed, seating himself. “Keh! Say it if you want but I ain't going back! Let's see how far you get on your own!”

Kagome fumed. An idea formed. “We're also out of ramen. Bring me home and I'll pack extra.”

Inuyasha considered it. “Deal.”