InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ An Act of Friendship ( Chapter 55 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Issekiwa on August 1, 2012 for Prompt #155 Sew or Sow. It won 1st place.

Title: An Act of Friendship
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Prompt: Sew or Sow (Issekiwa)
Genre: Friendship
Word Count: 250
Warnings: None
Summary: Set in early canon. Kagome's simple gesture of friendship leaves Inuyasha speechless. This acts as a prequel for my oneshot Practice which can be found on my profile.

----------------------

Kagome sighed as she carefully inserted the needle into the cloth. Her fingers throbbed from the numerous times she had missed the mark and pricked them. But she was determined not to give up. She continued her self-appointed task of mending the garment she held.

There! The job was finished. She sat back, a proud smile on her face as she examined her work. The stitches weren't perfect but they would hold. Now to present the finished product.

Right on cue Inuyasha walked into the hut, scratching his head in confusion. His hair was wet and his haori loosely tied, revealing the fact that he wore nothing underneath. “Oi, have you seen my kosode?” he asked before stopping and staring at the garment in her hands.

Kagome stood and held it out to him. “Here,” she said, a bright smile on her face. “I sewed up those tears and rips when I noticed it didn't repair itself like your haori does.”

Inuyasha took the garment, staring at it as if he had never seen it before. His eyes widened as they flicked to the bright smile on her face then to her bandaged fingers. He didn't know what to say, no one had ever done something like this for him before. “I-uh.-”

Kagome's smile grew wider. “It's okay. What are friends for?” She grabbed her bag, exiting the hut.

Inuyasha stared after her for a long time. He'd never had a friend before. He liked the feeling it gave him.