InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Waiting ( Chapter 56 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Issekiwa on August 16, 2012 for Prompt #156 Good and Ready. It won 3rd place.

Title: Waiting
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Prompt: Good and Ready (Issekiwa)
Genre: General
Word Count: 220
Warnings: None
Summary: Inuyasha is forced to wait for Kagome to return.

---------------------

Inuyasha sighed as he stared forlornly at the well. Kagome had left the day before, going back to her time for 'skool' and her tests. He'd never admit it but he missed her when she was gone.

“Stupid 'skool',” he grumbled. “Why's she always gotta go back there?” Left unsaid was his real question: 'Why couldn't she stay with him?'

Inuyasha hated this waiting. She had told him to be patient, that she would be back in a few days. But he'd never been a patient person. His fingers thrummed irritably against the wood of the well before he forced them to stop, afraid he'd damage the portal.

He sighed again, resisting the urge to go through the time portal and demand she return with him. He knew better than to try that. All he'd get was an aching back and a bruised face from her “sit” commands. Kagome wouldn't come back until she was good and ready.

Inuyasha paused in his sulking as an idea came to him. Just because he couldn't bring her back didn't mean he couldn't go and check up on her, right? She never even needed to know that he was there. He looked around, making sure he was alone. Then he smirked and leaped into the well. No more waiting around for him.