InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ A Cat's Life ( Chapter 58 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Inuyasha Unsung Heroes on September 10, 2012 for Prompt #73 Kitten. It won 3rd place.

Title: A Cat's Life
Author: ananova
Prompt: Kitten
Word count: 299
POV: Buyou
Rating: K
Universe: Canon
Warnings: None
Summary: What does Buyou really think of Inuyasha and Kagome?

----------------------

A furry ear twitched before going still. That annoying dog-man was back again. Buyou lay still, hoping that if he didn't move the pest would ignore him.

“Buyou! There you are.” A gentle hand stroked the fur of his back but he remained still. He wouldn't allow the girl to trick him into giving things away. She would only draw the dog-man's attention.

“Buyou? Buyou!” The hands became insistent, shaking him. “I think something's wrong with him Inuyasha!”

“Keh! Ain't nothing wrong with the fat furball. He's just being lazy.”

“Inuyasha! This is my cat, I've had him since he was a kitten. And while he is lazy, he's never completely ignored me like this before.” The girl's voice sounded more and more worried. “He must be sick. What if he's dying?”

Buyou heard the dog-man snort. “Nothing's wrong with him and I'll prove it.” Clawed hands suddenly gripped Buyou by the scruff of his neck and lifted him into the air. He opened his eyes to glare at the menace holding him. “See? Told ya so. Argh!” The last part was emphasized by Buyou hissing and scratching the dog-man's face. He felt himself begin to fall through the air only to land in a warm embrace.

“Oh Buyou! I'm so glad you're alright!” He allowed her embrace, giving the grumbling dog-man a smug look.

“You little-! I oughta-!”

“Inuyasha! Stop being mean to Buyou!” The girl glared at the dog-man then turned her attention to the cat. “It's alright, he won't bother you anymore,” she cooed.

Buyou simply snuggled deeper into her embrace as the dog-man let off a string of curses before the girl said that word and planted him in the ground. The life of a cat was good.