InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Dog (or Cat?) ( Chapter 59 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest on July 24, 2012 for Prompt #293 Falling Out. It won 2nd place.

Title: Dog (or Cat?)
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Prompt: Falling Out (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: Humor
Word Count: 201
Summary: Kagome is exasperated by Inuyasha.

------------------------


Thud!

Th e sound echoed throughout the forest, waking the other inhabitants of the camp. Kagome sighed and shook her head as Inuyasha's curses filled the air. When was he going to learn?

Sango caught her eye and gave her a commiserating look. She was well-acquainted with the stubbornness and stupidity inherent in the males of the species. A familiar sensation on her backside at that moment proved her point as she whirled to deliver a stinging slap to the perverted houshi.

Kagome ignored the familiar scene as she concentrated on the grumbling hanyou. “Are you alright?”

“Keh!” He stared moodily at the tree.

Kagome shook her head in exasperation. “Why do you insist on sleeping in a tree? You're just going to keep falling out of them.”

“Keh!” He repeated, face twisting into a scowl.

“Stubborn idiot,” Kagome muttered as she headed back to her bag. “When is he going to realize that dogs don't belong in trees?” She shook her head once more as she settled in again. 'I swear he acts more like a cat than a dog sometimes.'

As if hearing her thoughts Inuyasha released one last “Keh!” before leaping back onto the tree branch.