InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Alone in the Woods ( Chapter 60 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest on August 14, 2012 for Prompt #295 Stick.

Title: Alone in the Woods
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Prompt: Stick (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: Friendship
Word Count: 250
Summary: Kagome is alone in the woods when she hears a sudden noise.

----------------------

Kagome paused on her way back to camp as she heard the snapping of a branch. Her eyes darted about the area. “Who's there?”

There was no answer. Another sound had her whirling around only to see only the tree line. Her heart beating loudly in her chest, she knelt down and picked up a good-sized broken tree branch. Standing once more, she firmly held it in front of her like a baseball bat. “Who's there?” she called again, with more confidence.

There was a sudden movement behind and she spun around with a small shriek. A clawed hand reached out and grabbed the branch before it could hit anything.

“Keh! And what are you planning to do with that stick? Poke me with it?” He snorted as he pulled it from her and tossed it to the side.

Kagome glared at him as she got her breath back. “Inuyasha! What have I told you about sneaking up on me?!”

He snorted again before fixing her with a glare of his own. “And what have I told you about wandering around the forest unarmed?”

Kagome smiled suddenly as she reached out and grabbed his hand. “That's what I have you for. To protect me.”

“K-keh!” Inuyasha turned his face away as a bright blush crept along his cheeks. “Let's just get back to camp.” But he made no move to pull his hand away and Kagome's smile widened as she let him lead her back to the others.