InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha: His Long Lost Sister ❯ Bonding Agreements ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nightfall had come. A fire was going with Rin, Ah-Uh, Jaken, and Kyo sitting by it. Sesshomaru had walked off somewhere not too long ago, wanting to be alone. It was obvious that there was something on his mind. It had been plain to see since Rin and Jaken had caught up with them.
Just then, there was a low growling sound before Rin clutched her stomach.
“What's the matter Rin?” asked Kyo.
“I'm hungry.” said Rin.
Again? You humans eat too much.” said Jaken.
Rin looked down at the ground, almost sad-like.
“Jaken, take Rin to find her some food.”
Everyone turned to see that Sesshomaru had returned and was standing nearby.
“Yes, my Lord.” said Jaken.
Rin got up than she and Jaken climbed up on Ah-Un, who took off into the sky.
_________________
Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, and Shippo continued on their journey. Inuyasha was no longer holding a grudge against Kyo. He had forgiven her for the time being, unless she did something to anger him again.

"Inuyasha, are you okay?" asked Kagome. Inuyasha was looking gloomy.

"Yeah, I just wish Kyo was back with us. I shouldn't have been so mean to her." said Inuyasha.

"I tried to tell you, but you wouldn't listen." said Kagome.

"Oh shut up, don't make me feel worse than I already do." said Inuyasha.

"Well, you did bring this on yourself." said Kagome.

"Gee, thanks. That makes me feel so much better." said Inuyasha sarcastically.

Just then, he suddenly stopped and froze, smelling the air around them.

"What is it Inuyasha?" asked Kagome.

"Someone's coming. They're getting closer." said Inuyasha, standing on his guard.

Suddenly, someone jumped out of the trees and landed in front of them.

"Naraku." said Inuyasha angrily, drawing his Tetsusaiga.

"Inuyasha, we meet again." said Naraku.

"I'm going to slice you in half." said Inuyasha.

"We'll see about that." said Naraku.

"Wind Scar!" shouted Inuyasha.

The attack hit Naraku, but he just quickly regenerated. It was like the attack didn't even affect him at all.

"Damn. He healed himself." said Miroku.

Naraku attacked, his tentacles flying at them.

"Fireball Wave!"

Kyo jumped up out of the forest and hit Naraku with her attack. Sesshomaru jumped out after Kyo, hitting Naraku with his poison claws. The two of them landed beside Inuyasha and the others.

"Kyo!" said Miroku.

"You made it!" said Shippo.

"Of course I did. You didn't think I was gonna let you guys have all the fun without me did ya?" said Kyo, smiling.

Kagome, Miroku, and Shippo smiled but Inuyasha was glaring at Sesshomaru.

"What's he doing here?" demanded Inuyasha.

"He's with me." said Kyo.

"And it has nothing to do with you or the Tetsusaiga this time." said Sesshomaru.

"Well there's a surprise." said Inuyasha.

"Can we do this later and concentrate on Naraku?" intervened Kyo.

"Fine." said Inuyasha.

"Backlash Wave!" shouted Inuyasha and Kyo together.

"Dragon Strike!" Sesshomaru and Kyo then shouted together.

Miroku tossed some of his Sacred Sutras at Naraku.

"Hiratsu!" shouted Sango, hurling her giant boomerang at Naraku.

Kagome sent one of her sacred arrows at Naraku.

All the attacks hit together. There was smoke everywhere so they couldn't see Naraku anymore. They had to wait for the smoke to clear. After the smoke cleared, Naraku had vanished.

"He's gone!" exclaimed Shippo.

"No he's not. He's around here somewhere." said Inuyasha, gazing around them.

"We should get out of here before he comes back." said Miroku.

"Are you nuts? We've gotta stop Naraku here and now!" said Inuyasha.

"You're going to get us all killed!" said Kyo.

"You are a fool Inuyasha." said Sesshomaru.

"You stay out of this Sesshomaru! If I remember correctly, Naraku was the one pulling your strings not too long ago!" yelled Inuyasha.

"Knock it off Inuyasha! We've been here before!" yelled Kyo.

"Come on you guys, stop fighting." said Miroku.

"Shut up!" yelled Inuyasha and Kyo.

"You are so stubborn Inuyasha!" said Kyo.

"And you'd rather be off with Sesshomaru, whom I despise! Or is he making all your decisions for you?" said Inuyasha.

"I make my own decisions!" yelled Kyo.

Suddenly, she yelled out in pain as an arrow pierced her right shoulder.

"That's a sacred arrow!" exclaimed Kagome.

"But where did it come from?" asked Miroku.

A girl they had met in Kyo's village came out of the forest, a bow in hand and arrows on her back. She readied another arrow in her bow and prepared to fire.

"Mio!" exclaimed Kyo, barely able to stand.

"I shall kill any demon I cross! I will avenge my family." said Mio as she aimed at Sesshomaru.

"No!" yelled Kyo, placing herself in front of Sesshomaru.

"Get out of the way Kyo." demanded Mio.

"I can't do that Mio. I won't let you do this, it isn't you." said Kyo.

"That was until that demon came back and destroyed our village. I barely got away. He killed everyone else. He killed everyone and it's your fault!" yelled Mio. She released the arrow at Sesshomaru and Kyo but Sesshomaru caught it and it melted in his hand. He took out the one in Kyo shoulder and tossed it aside.

"Stop this foolishness before anyone else gets hurt." he said calmly.
“Mio, please don't do this. Mom and dad wouldn't want this, and you know that.” said Kyo, pleading with her human sister before she did something that she would only regret later on.
“Shut up. You have no right to call them that anymore.” said Mio.
“Mio, regardless of what I am, and the fact that they weren't my real parents to me they always will be. They raised me and took care of me when they didn't have to. And you, you will always be my sister no matter what.” said Kyo.
Mio said nothing, trying to hold back unshed tears that had formed. She lowered her bow and let it slip from her hand and fall to the ground.
“I'm sorry Kyo.” was all that Mio could say.
Kyo just smiled, saying nothing. There was nothing to say and she knew it. Then the pain from the arrow in her shoulder became too much and she collapsed, falling toward the ground below her.
“Kyo!” yelled Mio in fear.
Sesshomaru caught Kyo before she could hit the ground and he held her to his chest, kneeling to the ground with her.
“We should take to her to Kaede. She'll be able to help her.” said Kagome.
“This is my entire fault. I took my anger out on her for no reason. If she dies because of what I did, I'll never forgive myself.” said Mio.
“She's not gonna die Mio. Kaede can heal her. She's strong, she'll be fine. You'll see.” said Kagome.
“I hope so.” said Mio.
“Enough chit-chat, we don't have time to waste. We need to get Kyo to Kaede now so she can help her.” said Inuyasha.
________________________
The group had rushed Kyo to Kaede's village. Kaede had examined Kyo's wound than done what she could to help it heal, using different herbs and prayer. Now all they could do was sit and wait.
Kyo slept, looking peaceful. She didn't seem to be in any pain at all. Sesshomaru sat by her side, never leaving her. Inuyasha sat on her other side, also watching over her and never leaving. Mio was sitting under a tree outside the village. She didn't feel like she deserved to be near Kyo after what she did. Kaede, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, and Shippo were standing just outside the hut.
“I can understand why Inuyasha is so protective of her, but what about Sesshomaru?” asked Sango.
“Yeah, I mean I know that Sesshomaru has Rin, a young human child who follows him and serves him willingly and he does seem to care for her, but he also seems to care for Kyo as well in a different way.” said Miroku.
“Yeah, you can see it in the way he looks at her and the way he protects her. I've never seen Sesshomaru look at anyone like that, except for maybe Rin. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's good to see him care for someone this much. I just never expected this from him. He's changed.” said Kagome.
“Even someone such as Sesshomaru is capable of having a heart. It's true that at one time, Sesshomaru was just as cruel as any other demon but his changing started with that little girl and has increased since he has met Kyo. He has seen something in her that has drawn him to her. He may not realize what it may be, but it seems as though it may be more than what he has ever felt before. I believe he may love her.” said Kaede.
“I didn't even think that Sesshomaru was capable of loving someone, except maybe himself. Although, I have to say that seeing the way he acts with Kyo, I would have to agree with Kaede. I think he really does love Kyo, even if he may not realize it himself.” said Shippo.
“I hope that Inuyasha has seen what we have seen. It seems like he's been trying to protect Kyo from Sesshomaru.” said Miroku.
Kagome gazed into the hut, over at Inuyasha as he sat by Kyo's side, his gaze glancing at Sesshomaru, who was watching Kyo as she rested.
Inuyasha was carefully observing Sesshomaru. He wanted to be sure that he wasn't imagining things, that the things he was seeing were real. Kyo was his sister and she was important to him. He would protect her, even if it meant protecting her from his own brother. She didn't know him as well as he did, but maybe he didn't know his older brother as well as he thought he did.
“What are you staring at?” demanded Sesshomaru.
“Just making sure that I'm not seeing things, that's all.” said Inuyasha.
“What do you mean?” asked Sesshomaru, looking over at his younger brother.
“I've noticed the way that you look at her. You actually really care for Kyo, don't you?” asked Inuyasha.
Sesshomaru looked away from his brother to look at Kyo resting peacefully beside him, recovering from her injury. Ever since he had met Kyo, he had noticed he had started to change more. She made him feel different, a better version of himself than he used to be. She has shown him a type of compassion that he never knew how to feel, or even knew he could feel. He was willing to protect her, even if it meant with his life. He had never felt this way about anyone.
Sure, he was protective of Rin and went to great lengths to protect her, but it just seemed different with Kyo. Rin was a child, a human child. He cared for her but it was in a way like he would if she were his own child. Kyo, she was more than any companion or friend could ever be. He had never felt so much toward someone as he did toward Kyo. He didn't understand it, but he did know what he was feeling.
Inuyasha was still waiting patiently for an answer as he watched his older brother stare at Kyo with a look in his eyes that he had never seen before.
“Yes, I do.” said Sesshomaru at last, looking back up at his younger brother.
“I thought so. I could see it in the way you spoke to her, the way you act when you're near her, and the way that you look at her. I've never seen you look at anyone the way that you look at Kyo. She must be special to you.” said Inuyasha.
Sesshomaru looked back down at Kyo, the answer obvious in his eyes.
“I'm not going to try to stand between you two. Kyo is capable of taking care of herself, I've seen that. I will say this though: if you ever hurt her, if she ever comes to me in tears because of you, I will cut you in two in the most painful way I know how. So I suggest you don't force me to do so.” said Inuyasha.
“Hmm, I didn't plan on doing so. And as if you could ever harm me any way little brother.” said Sesshomaru.
“Don't push your luck Sesshomaru.” said Inuyasha although he was smiling. It actually felt good to get along with his brother, different. He knew that things had changed between them over time. It was nice for the two of them to be able to sit in the same room without wanting to kill each other.
Night came some hours later. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were still at their posts by Kyo's side. They still had yet to leave her, and she still rested beside them. She seemed to be at peace while she slept and no one had the heart to disturb that so they let her rest on. The others were still outside, choosing it wise to not bother the brothers and the woman who was important to the both of them. Rin and Jaken had come back on Ah-Un, having finally caught up with Sesshomaru and Kyo.
Mio still had yet to leave her spot under the tree sitting outside the village. Kagome had tried to talk to her, but she still refused to move anywhere near Kyo. She felt too guilty for what she had done and felt that she didn't deserve to be any closer to Kyo than she already was. She didn't want to risk making things worse, or risk causing Kyo anymore harm than she had already done. She didn't know how Kyo wasn't going to hold it against her when she awoke. She had no idea how any of Kyo's friends could not hold it against her. She had hurt someone who cared about her, who she cared about. It was an unforgiveable mistake that she had made, one that she could not take back.
Right then, the sky turned dark fast. It got everyone's attention. It was unusual for the sky to get that dark this quickly. It even got the attention of Sesshomaru and Inuyasha. Both started to get up to check out what was going on, but Inuyasha stopped his brother before he got to his feet.
“You should stay with Kyo.” said Inuyasha as he got to his feet and headed outside.
Rin stayed inside with Sesshomaru and Kyo, knowing that it would be safer than going outside and risk getting hurt.
“I smell company heading our way.” said Inuyasha.
“Inuyasha, I'm sensing a demonic aura.” said Miroku.
“I am too. It's strong, stronger than anything I've felt before.” said Sango.
“Question is: is it friend, or foe?” asked Kagome.
“We're about to have that question answered.” said Inuyasha, his gaze toward the entrance to the village.
Kagome and the others followed his gaze to see a man with long silver hair coming toward them. He had a sword on his hip that he had yet to draw. His eyes were amber with a crescent moon on his forehead and stripes on his cheeks. He was tall and seemed powerful. He was wearing a dark blue kimono with armor protecting his upper body. He stopped in front of Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, and Kaede.
“Who are you?” demanded Inuyasha.
“I mean no one in this village any harm. I only came because I heard there was a young, powerful demon in this village who is hurt.” said the man.
“Maybe so, but what business would you have with her if there was?” demanded Inuyasha, his protective instinct for his sister taking over.
“He has business with her because he is her father.”
Everyone turned to see Sesshomaru standing outside of the hut where Kyo was resting, only now she wasn't resting. She was now standing next to Sesshomaru, staring at the man standing before her friends.
“Sesshomaru. It's been a long time. The last time I saw you, your father was still alive and well.” said the man.
“Satoru. You're right; it has been a long time, but not nearly long enough.” said Sesshomaru. There was a look in his eyes that told everyone that he didn't like this guy very much. “What business do you suddenly have with Kyo after disappearing from her life for so long?”
“I didn't intentionally disappear from her life. I did what I felt was necessary to keep her safe, to protect her. Now, I see that it was a mistake. The best way for me to protect her to be with her.” said Satoru.
“I don't need you to protect me.” said Kyo.
“You can't protect yourself Kyo. Every demon imaginable is going to come after you when they learn of your power.” said Satoru.
“I don't have to protect myself. I have my friends. I know that they'll do everything they can to protect me.” said Kyo.
“Yeah, I see that they're doing a great job so far.” said Satoru.
“This wasn't their fault. Besides, I'm alive and that's what matters. And you have no right to be here, dictating anything to me. You abandoned me dad. You may have felt that it was what was best for me, but it wasn't. Abandoning your child is never the answer.” said Kyo.
“You're right, I'm sorry.” said Satoru.
“It's too late for sorry dad. When I was left in that village by mom, when I was just a child, I lost all my memories. I came back to the village covered in my own blood from a cut on my head, and I couldn't remember anything. Now, I do. I remember everything. The day I lost my memories, I was attacked by another demon. I tried to protect myself only to receive a blow to the head. I was knocked unconscious and when I came to, the demon was lying dead on the ground near me. I have no idea who killed it. Somehow, I made my way back to the village with no memory of who or what I was, creating new memories from there. Now tell me, do you still believe that disappearing was the best thing for me dad?
“Mom did what she felt was best because she was not capable of protecting me herself, and she lost her life because of me. Mom was human, you were a demon. I would be a half-demon like Inuyasha if my so-called father hadn't used the Sacred Jewel to make me full-blooded demon. You did what you felt was necessary to keep me safe dad? I'm afraid that's not the way I see it. It would have been better if you had actually stuck around, protected me in person so that I would know who I really was rather than being lied to for years because I had no memories. Now, I have friends and a brother who are willing to protect me no matter what the cost.” said Kyo.
“I understand how you feel Kyo, but I have come to make things up to you. I know now that I made a mistake and I know that there's nothing I can do to take that mistake back. You deserved better than what I've done. I want to be a father for you now, the father that you deserve and should have had.” said Satoru.
“I had a father, a father who was actually there for me and raised me. And now he's dead because of me. An entire village is dead because of me. It's too late for you to be a father now. You should have realized you'd made a mistake years ago. You should have realized you'd be making a mistake before you even made it. Then maybe you could have been the father you want to be now.” said Kyo.
“Kyo, please, come with me. It's not too late for us to be father and daughter.” said Satoru, sounding almost as though he was begging.
“I'm staying with my friends, with my brother.” said Kyo, stepping closer to Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango and Shippo, Sesshomaru moving with her and remaining close to her side. She took hold of his hand, which he didn't seem to mind, and she took hold of Inuyasha with her other hand.
“If that is your wish, I will respect. You are my daughter and I will not stand in the way of your decisions.” said Satoru.
“I think that it is time for ye to leave this village.” said Kaede.
Satoru didn't say another word. He simply bowed politely to Kaede since she was the priestess of the village, cast one last look at his daughter, than turned and headed out of the village before disappearing from view.
Once her father was gone, Kyo released Inuyasha's hand but wouldn't let go of Sesshomaru's, although he didn't mind. She was glad that her father was gone, that she had her memories back. She wasn't sure what had triggered them to come back but she didn't care. All that mattered was that she remembered who she was, what she was.
“You alright Kyo?” asked Kagome.
“Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just glad that he's gone. And that my memories have come back.” said Kyo.
“Something must have triggered them.” said Sango.
“It could have been any number of things, but what's important is that they have returned and Kyo had her memories back.” said Miroku.
“I'm just happy to be able to remember who I am.” said Kyo. She looked around the village but didn't see Mio anywhere. “Wait, where's Mio?”
“She's been sitting under a tree outside the village since we brought you here. She refuses to come anywhere near you.” said Kagome, pointing to where Mio had been sitting for hours.
“I should probably go talk to her.” said Kyo. She released Sesshomaru's hands as she headed out to where Mio was sitting. She could tell just from her posture that Mio was feeling guilty. “Mio?”
Mio quickly turned around at the sound of Kyo's voice and it was obvious that she had been crying.
“Kyo, what are you doing up? You should be resting.” said Mio.
“I'm fine, I've rested enough. Besides, I heal quickly. Mio, why are you sitting out here instead of with the rest of us?” asked Kyo.
“I shouldn't be near you Kyo. I don't deserve to be here right now. I took my anger out on you when I shouldn't have. I went after you, blaming you for mom and dad's death when I should have gone after the demon who was actually responsible for destroying my village and killing everyone in it. I know that you would never hurt anyone, especially mom and dad. They were just as much your parents as they were mine.” said Mio.
“Stop feeling guilty Mio. You were looking to avenge your family; no one can fault you for that. And in a way, I am responsible for their deaths. The demon was after me and he killed the ones close to me trying to find me. You came after me because I'm partly to blame, because the demon came not long after I left. You were right to place blame on me.” said Kyo.
“No, Kyo, what happened wasn't your fault. You didn't ask for anyone to come after you, to kill people that you care about. You didn't ask to be who or what you are. You didn't choose this life, it chose you. You can't control everything that happens, or even blame yourself for things that are out of your control. And if you hadn't gone with your friends when you did, he might have gotten you too.” said Mio.
Kyo couldn't help but smile at the person she was happy to call her sister, even if she really wasn't but that didn't matter.
“When did you become so wise?” asked Kyo.
“I've always been wise, I've just never shown it.” said Mio, smiling as well.
“No argument there.” said Kyo, still smiling. “Come on, let's rejoin the others.”
Together, Kyo and Mio headed into the village and joined back up with their friends. They decided to rest before heading back out. Kyo, Rin, Mio, Kagome, Sango, Kirara, and Shippo all found spots on one side of the hut to rest while Inuyasha, Sesshomaru, and Miroku leaned up against the wall on the other side, watching over the girls as they slept, remaining on guard for danger. They eventually decided to rest themselves.