InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha: new allies, new foes ❯ the flower of love blossoms ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 4

THE FLOWER OF LOVE BLOSSOMS

(after a somewhat akward experience involving my cousin and the one-and-only Harry Potter, we FINALLY return to the feudal era. FINALLY. anyway, it was evening, Kagura and Kanna were on patrol, and everyone else was sitting around the campfire, and everyone was talking to someone else: Inuyasha and Kagome, Sesshomaru and Jaken, Michael and Chris, Sango and Miroku, Rin and Kohaku, and Hannah and Shippo. I sat in silence, eating my ramen, then I asked a strange question...)

INU: I'm bored.
HAN: hey, that's what I say!!!
DIL: Sesshomaru, you claim no human has ever beaten you, yes?
SES: yes...
HAN: oh god, Dillin, don't you dare!
DIL: but you say you've never turned down a challenge, correct?
SES: I understand where you're going with this, but let us finish our supper first.
DIL: agreed.
HAN: (sigh) Dillin, I swear, all that ramen's gone to your head.
DIL: now, I have something extremely important to say.
HAN: what?
DIL: (points at Hannah's ramen) are you gonna finish that???
HAN: Dillin, I swear I'm gonna kick your-
DIL: just kidding, just kidding! what I really wanted to say is...
HAN: yes?
DIL: can you pass the salt?
(Hannah sighs sadly and passes a salt shaker to Dillin)
DIL: thanks.
(Dillin leans in close to grab it, instead pulling Hannah into a tight embrace, kissing her tenderly on the lips)
HAN: (puts a hand to her lips, blushing) uh...
DIL: (puts a finger to his lips, silencing her) don't. you'll ruin the moment. okay, let's do it Sesshomaru.
SES: you're worse than my foolhardy brother. *INU: hey!* I've never seen one so eager to meet the next life.
DIL: I may be scrawny, but looks are deceiving. ever heard the phrase, "you shouldn't judge a book by its cover"?
SES: no.
DIL: oh. well, then...
(Dillin pulls out a kunai and jumps at Sesshomaru, who is caught unawares and barely dodges)
DIL: you're fast. let me tell you something. when I fight, it's half with instinct, half with strategy. it feels kind of like dancing: when you get caught up in the music, your body does the moving for you. you might even say, (steps halfway into a shadow, the half of his body in shadow vanishes) the dancer's only half there.
SES: (truly shocked) but how? you're merely human!
DIL: shinobi iri, the shadow walking technique. a technique created 257 years AFTER your time. now, how can you hit what you can't see?
(Dillin jumps out of the shadow behind Sesshomaru, cutting deeply into his shoulder with the kunai. 2 hours, 2 million swear words, and several girls' screams later, it's sunrise)
DIL: AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!
(he falls to the ground, cradling his bleeding stump of an arm. Sesshomaru grabs Dillin's arm, laying several feet away from him, attaches it to Dillin's body, and seals it with tensaiga. Dillin flexes his newly reattached fingers, obviously amazed)
DIL: by the gods... a blade that heals? YOU?
SES: feh. don't remind me.
(Dillin looks over to see Hannah standing still, wide-eyed and shocked. Dillin walks over)
DIL: Hannah, are you-
HAN: (SMMMAAACK!!!!)
(Dillin spirals to the ground, red slap mark on his cheek, smacked so hard his nose was bleeding)
HAN: don't you EVER... so scared... don't even care...
DIL: Hannah, I'm so sorry, I do care. the pull of the challenge was so tempting, I didn't stop to think about what consequences it might have, I'm so sorry I scared you.
(Hannah sinks to her knees, sobbing)
HAN: no, I'm sorry, I shouldn't be telling you what to do, I shouldn't have smacked you.
DIL: I'm glad you did, I was trying to work up the nerve to attack Sesshomaru again, hehe...
(Dillin and Hannah look at each other, her hand on top of his, drawing closer to kiss, when a scream issues from nearby, and Kagura stumbles out of a bush, unharmed but shaken)
KGR: it's Sango... SHE'S DEAD!!!

END OF CHAPTER 4
MIC: who's Sango?
DIL: Mikey?
MIC: yo.
DIL: ...shut up.
MIC: roger dodger!