InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha's Interview ❯ The Interview ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The first time that I met them it was blazing hot. However, the most recent meeting it had me thinking it was a wind chill of negative twenty. I stood in front of the house they shared, knocking while snow blew and whipped around like a sand storm. When one of them finally opened the door, I felt like a snow-woman. I mentally shook the snow off of me and stepped into their house. I took off my shoes, hung up my coat, and looked up at the person, who had let me in. The person that stood in front of me had long black hair, soft brown eyes, and stood at about five ft four inches. I smiled at her and she returned the smile. Her name was Kagome Higurashi. She was a very nice person. She always treated people with the upmost respect. Growing up on a shrine graced her into a prime woman. She escorted me to the living room where the interview was to take place.
 
The cast of “Inu-Yasha” were a bunch of interesting people. The show is about a girl who travels back into time to fight demons and to collect the shards of the Jewel of Four Souls. During this adventure she falls in love for a half demon, befriends a child fox demon, a monk, and a demon slayer. Together they must banish an evil man, who is out to take over the world. The script was really a cliché hero/heroine story. When they are off set they are just ordinary people with many problems. They were always ready on call when the time comes. They usually shoot one and half episodes per day. The cast comes home to rest afterward. I was lucky enough to catch them at a restaurant. I asked them there could I interview them. They seemed very happy that I asked. I think they just wanted a vacation from the lights, camera, and action.
 
To get the living room of their house, one must go around the spiral stair case, through the kitchen, and passed several rooms. As I passed the third room on the right I noted the loud reggae coming from there. I nodded to the beat for a while not knowing who the artist or the song was. Kagome shook her head and continued on our way. We made it to the living room to find two of the cast members already there reading. One was reading a thick bound black book and the other was reading what looked like the script. Kagome offered me a seat in the lazy boy in front of the end table. She then excused herself. She walked back the way we came. I guess she was going to get the others.
 
The ones in the room stop reading to acknowledge me. I tilted my head in acknowledgement back at them. They returned to their reading. The one reading the book had waist length black hair, hazel eyes, and from what I could see, stood at about five foot eleven inches. His name was Naraku. The one reading the script had waist length silver hair that was tied into a low pony tail, hazel eyes, and from what I could tell, stood at six feet. His name was Sesshoumaru. Glancing over the room I could tell that this room was a place of silence. There was not an electronic in the whole room. There was a grandfather's clock standing in the far left corner, a fish tank that took up most of the right wall, two doors behind me that led to other parts of the house, three couches, two additional lazy boys, and two love seats. The walls where painted a soft blue that looked like the ocean. There was also a poster size picture of everyone together like a family photograph.
 
Five minutes passed when I heard people coming down the hall that had all the rooms. They were laughing at something but I couldn't hear exactly. They came into the room still laughing. The two reading glared at them and put their respected pages down. Once everyone was seated, I began to count the number of people there. I notice that seven cast members were not there.
 
“Don't worry about the rest of the cast because they are not here.” Kagome said after watching me for a while. I told her thanks. The cast that was present were Inu-Yasha, who looks like Sesshoumaru, Sango, who looks like Kagome but she has stronger features and is slightly taller, Miroku, Sango's husband, Shippou and Rin. I got more comfortable. I began to take out my notebook and pen. I heard a groan from someone. I raised an eyebrow at them. They were all looking at the main star of the show. I shook my head, turned so that I was facing most of them, and begun.
 
I asked them how they got offered as cast for this show. Everyone but Inu-Yasha and Sesshoumaru laughed. Amusement sparked through my mind as I began to get the general idea of where the director got his or her creative idea. Inu-Yasha spoke up ruining my musing.
 
“Some woman came up to me in the mall and asked if I dyed my hair white. I told her no. She then asked if I could be a model for a comic book. I told her no. She was very persistent. She then saw Sesshoumaru come over to where I was standing. I could swear that damn woman eyes started to glow like the sun.” He continued on to tell me how it was Sesshoumaru's fault that he had to work all day. I seriously doubted that, but I ignored it. I asked is that how the idea for the show came up. I got nods from all of them. According to Inu-Yasha, everyone else was just passing by when the woman that was dreaming spotted them and told them they were also going to be in her story. Two years after this incident they were all found again by the woman to ask to star in the movie. They jump on the offer because of financial problem. They told me about how they takes ran from sometimes nine in the morning to almost midnight because someone would forget their lines. They showed me some of the bloopers that their director let them have. Those were amusing to watch.
 
My next questions were more on the personal side which had them squirming. Sesshoumaru and Naraku when back to their reading, ignoring me, Rin started to do Kagome's hair and Shippou started to play with his toy tops. Inu-Yasha stood up and grabbed my backpack. He began to march down the hall, around the stair case and proceeded to the door. He, then, threw my backpack out the door. I glared at him and thought of ways to pay him back for his rudeness. I was the author of the interview after all.