InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Songfic Collection ❯ I'm Alright ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha!
 
-
I'm alright
-
 
Well it's been a long time glad to see your face
I knew we'd meet again another time another place
 
Kagome walked into the office nervous about this so called meeting. She was there for an interview with the head honcho for one of the upper positions. Her chances of getting the job were slim to none. Let's face it this was perhaps her second job and her other job offered her no experience in the field. She had already found out that job shadowing didn't help as much as people said it would. She braced herself and walked in.
 
The male looked up as she walked in and froze. He gaped a moment unable to say anything to the person he had seen so long ago…She also stood rooted to the spot, all of her fears banished by the fact that here before her was a familiar face.
 
Can't believe it's been so many years
You'd better grab a chair and a couple of beers
 
“Kagome…” he said finally. “Wow you look great, how have you been?” She couldn't help but smile as she walked closer. She couldn't mistake those eyes or that face anywhere.
 
“Koga…It's been so long,” she said smiling at him. “Wow, I guess I've been doing alright how about you?” He looked her over before meeting her eyes and smiled getting quite serious all of a sudden.
 
“I've been waitin' for ya,” he said, smugly. She shook her head
 
“Even after all this time you haven't changed. I figured you'd have forgotten at least…” she offered in reply.

Lookin' good in you three piece suit
You know, I always knew you'd take the business route
 
“You look good in a suit,” she commented suddenly. He looked down opening his arms to examine himself before scratching the back of his neck.
 
“You think?” She nodded at his question. “Thanks,” he said giving one of those smiles of his that made her smile in return.

You were always the one to follow the light and you look like you're doing alright
 
“You always were a natural born leader and now look at you,” she practically sighed. “You always been on top of the world or did this all just happen?” The question threw him off a bit but he shook his head.
 
“No not always I suppose but near the top and such I've had to figure out the computer system well enough to change my information so that no one would find out, you know things like that…How about you?”

Been singin' for my rent and singin' for my supper
I'm above the below and below the upper
I'm stuck in the middle where money gets tight
But I guess I'm doin' alright
 
“Oh I've been here and there, mostly looking for a stable place of work at this time you know, I mean I struggled my way through high school but you can imagine why I'm sure.” He nodded not understanding how she did it but understanding where she had been when she wasn't doing homework.
 
“When you left, I thought that I would never see you again,” he mused, sadly. “But here you are, right my reach again, ironic I suppose.”

I'm all, I'm all, I'm alright
It's a beautiful day not a cloud in sight so I guess I'm doin' alright
o - oh, o - oh, I'm alright
Got a good old friend here with me tonight and I guess I'm doin' alright
 
“I missed you, but other then all that I've been alright,” she informed pulling him out of his trance and placing a smile on his face.
 
“I've missed you too. I'm sure you can imagine what all these years have done to me,” he said smiling happily. “I feel much better knowing you're alright.”

Well we had a lot of dreams when we were younger
They thought we were crazy but we had the hunger
 
She giggled. “Do you remember that when I first proclaimed you as my mate?” he asked suddenly making her laugh harder.
 
“Yes, I remember that,” she replied sobering a bit.
 
“I should have just announced that I was officially courting you,” he chuckled. “Proclaiming you as my mate angered not only you but nearly ruined my chances of having you willingly by my side, kami, I was such a fool then.” This earned him a giggle from Kagome which in turn made him smile.

We kept a lot of friends, skipped a lot of class
Been on top of the world and knocked on our ____
 
“You do realize that you kept from going back, I thought I would never see my family or finish high school because of you!” she said raising her voice in a playful manner.
 
“I suppose…” he replied scratching the back of his head. “Well if you hadn't have left I probably would be mourning from more than just waiting around and missing you.”
 
“Yea, I suppose.”

We lost touch, we lost in love
We lost our minds when things got tough, but
Beatin' time is a losin' fight and I guess I'm doin' alright
 
“Heck, I had thought that when you left it meant that you were kind of rejecting me,” he said studying her. “I mean you didn't even leave me a whole name or number, nothing. What you thought I would be long gone by the time your era came along?”
 
“Nothing like that, in fact, quite the opposite. I wanted to see you again, just…Well I knew you would find me if it was meant to be.” She said smiling suddenly.
 
“Do you think it's meant to be? Do you think we're meant to be Kagome?” he asked leaning foreward.

I'm all, I'm all, I'm alright
It's a beautiful day not a cloud in sight so I guess I'm doin' alright
o - oh, o - oh, I'm alright
Got a good old friend here with me tonight and I guess I'm doin' alright
Well I guess I'm doin' alright
 
Her heart leapt into her throat beating color into her lovely cheeks. She almost could answer through her smile but somehow she found the words. “Yes, I do. So do I have the job,” she teased. He laughed watching her and shaking his head in disbelief.
 
“Which one? Being a housewife or here?” he asked in response, also teasing.
 
“Here, of course, you can still have some `courting' to do,” she replied.

Well I hate to see this evening end
God only knows when I'll see you again
 
“More courting…” he growled, smiling. “What waiting wasn't enough? Nor all the gifts I gave you?” She rolled her eyes at him.
 
“Ok they helped, there is that better?” she asked, smiling as well.

Just send a fax or send me a letter or give me a call that would even be better
Give the kids a kiss for me and say hello to the family
And tell them all my future's lookin' bright
 
“You know I kind of figured you'd at least have someone by now…” she said as an afterthought. Koga looked away and shook his head.
 
“No, but Sesshoumaru does,” Koga replied, smiling.
 
“What Sesshoumaru? With who?”
 
“Rin actually, she left him a little girl and a little boy,” he said. “Well they're not little anymore but you get the picture.”
 
“Wow, so you saw him? Today or?”

Well, I miss 'em but I'm doin' alright
I said I miss 'em but I'm doin' alright
 
“No, not today…A week ago actually, a business meeting he was filling in for the head of the company he works for,” Koga said.
 
“What does he do secretary work? Did he finally come off his throne?”
 
“Yes he is a secretary actually. I suppose you could say that,” he answered as the question came.
 
“What will he do next sleep with his boss?”
 
“I hope not…”Koga replied chuckling. “I don't want him to come after me after this partnership is signed.” Kagome waved her hands in the air trying to calm herself enough to speak.
 
“Don't ever tell him I said that, please,” she said with a sigh.
I'm all, I'm all, I'm alright
It's a beautiful day not a cloud in sight so I guess I'm doin' alright
o - oh, o - oh, I'm alright
Got a good old friend here with me tonight and I guess I'm doin' alright
 
“I won't, also, I think I will take a chance and put you in the department closest to the job you filled out for. You will be filing and such mostly until you get used to the way it works here. You will be trained here as well,” he said in a business like manner. She smiled and stood.
 
“Thanks Koga,” she replied in earnest inclining her head slightly before turning. She was almost to the door when she heard his voice call to her.
 
“Kagome?” She turned around giving a questioning glance. “How does Friday sound?”
 
“To start work?” she asked. He chuckled at this.
 
“For a date, you'll be starting on Monday,” he replied. She smiled.
 
“Sure,” she took out a pen and paper and wrote down her address walking back to his desk as she did. “6:00 and don't be late. Any earlier and you might have to pry me from my mother,” she replied noting his questioning glance.
 
“Ah, well, good thing I have Friday off then,” he smiled as she turned and walked back to the door. “Goodbye Ms. Higurashi,” he said going back to his work pretending he was busy as she had opened the door then.
 
“Goodbye, and thank you,” she left without another word leaving him all alone again.
 
“My little miko,” he whispered, to the dark sighing slightly.

Well I guess I'm doin' alright
I'm doin' alright