InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha World Travel, Where the F*** is Greece!! ❯ Scary Greek Men ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3

*~*~*~*~*

Kagome sighed as she stared up at the huge marble structure in front of her. It was really amazing! Over 2000 years old...too bad it was almost impossible to see past the facade of it with all the scaffolding on it. She sighed again. Had her father been here, he would have explained everything about this temple to her, probably in more detail than any tour guide could. But then stupid Inuyasha had shown up, and ruined everything. Jerk. Why was he so intent on destroying her life?

She stood back and tried to get a decent shot of the front of the Parthenon. Unfortunately, it didn't work as there were about 50 people in her way. So instead she settled for a pretty crummy shot of some pillars and scaffolding. Having finished that, she walked over to the small battlement, squeezed her way to the edge, and rested her arms on the thick stone walls. The city looked amazing, stretching out like a solid dish, stark white, curving up into the feet of the gray-green mountains. It was absolutely stunning...not that anybody was there to listen to her usual coos of admiration. She sighed, again...stupid Inuyasha. Might as well go back down.

She found her father and Inuyasha sitting quietly under that same olive tree. Her father had treated himself to a slushy of some sort, and offered her a second one he'd already bought. Kagome had half-heartedly thanked him and turned to head back to the car. The men followed her, forming a procession as quiet as a death march.

*~*~*~*~*

Shinji sighed as he pulled into the underground parking, only slightly aware of Inuyasha ducking in the rear-view mirror, lest they scratch the ceiling. While they had been left alone, Shinji had once again tried to strike up a conversation with his companion. Inuyasha had flat out ignored him, preferring instead to sit alone in silence. He hadn't even glanced up at the slushy Shinji had offered him. He had hoped to make it some sort of a peace offering, but the demon seemed to have already decided he wanted nothing to do with the elder Higurashi. If that was so, this could turn into one ugly holiday.

Kagome too had been silent the whole ride home. Her eyes drifting shut and her body slowly slouching forward until she suddenly snapped back awake like she'd received an electric shock, only to repeat the process again and again.

They stayed silent as they got into the elevator and made their way up to the room, bags in hand. Inuyasha darted his eyes nervously around in the small space they were temporarily confined to. Just another modern convenience he'd learn to grow accustomed to.

They'd reached their room, which was very small, consisting only of one bedroom and one bathroom. Mr. Higurashi's income didn't allow for much luxury. It was enough to support his family, pay for his own food, and lease a small room out in the country near where he worked. He'd been saving up for this vacation with Kagome for months now, and he'd already spent most of their spare cash on cloths for Kagome and Inuyasha. Oh well. He would be able to get an advance on his next pay check, if it was absolutely necessary. Not that he minded in the least. He only hoped that the rest of the trip wouldn't be as dismal as today had been. Otherwise it would be a complete waste of cash.

Right now though, he had to go downstairs and see about getting an extra cot for Inuyasha, seeing as how there were only two single beds in the room. Explaining this to Kagome, he left, heading down the elevator and to the front desk.

*~*~*~*~*

Kagome watched her father leave before heading out to the balcony tiny to take in the view, or the lack there of. She could see the street below, and the buildings across the way, but that was it. Stone and more stone.

"Humph." For the first time, Kagome noticed the figure standing beside her, on the far side of the balcony. Inuyasha. He'd changed back into his medieval clothing, though Kagome felt a little too drained to care.

"It's disgusting." he huffed. "Why the hell would you want to come here?"

Kagome sighed. "Well, I didn't exactly drag you over here Inuyasha." Her voice gained in venom as she muttered. "In fact, I never wanted you to come here in the first place."

Inuyasha shot her a glare. "Well maybe I didn't want YOU coming here either. Fuck! Do you know how much time we're wasting in this stinking place? Feh! We could be out searching for..."

"That's exactly WHY I wanted to come here! To get away from YOU and your STUPID SHARDS!!" She yelled at him.

"Bah! Stupid Shards? I'll tell you what's stupid, the bitch that BROKE the jewel in the first place! And NOW she's trying to run away from having to fix it like the weakling wench that she is."

"Grrrrr!! I'm NOT weak! Believe it or not I HAVE saved your butt more than a few times during battles, especially when you turn human!"

"WENCH!! Are you saying that I'm WEAK?!"

"I'm saying that you're an idiot!! And a Jerk!! And I HATE YOU!!"

"WELL GOOD! 'CAUSE I HATE YOU TOO!!"

"WELL FINE!! THEN YOU CAN JUST STAY OUT OF MY WAY!!"

And with that, Kagome stomped into the hotel room, slamming the sliding door behind her.

*~*~*~*~*

When Shinji re-entered the small room, he almost bumped into Kagome as she emerged from the bathroom, fully clothed, towelling her hair dry. When she sat down on the bed, he saw that her eyes were red, as if she'd been crying. Silently, he sat down and put an arm around her. She sighed and leaned back on him. He didn't have to think hard to realize what had happened.

"Did you enjoy your shower?" he asked quietly. Kagome nodded. "Any problems with anything?" He asked again. Kagome sighed.

"I got the packets of Conditioner and Shampoo mixed up, and I didn't close the curtain quite right, so..."

"It's okay." Her father reassured her, chuckling. "There isn't really anything that can get wet there anyway, unless you're worried about tiles."

Kagome nodded again, into his shirt. "It's hard to believe how many of the little things are so different here." he continued on, almost wistful. "It takes some time to get used to, even I haven't completely adjusted."

"Yeah. I don't know how you do it Papa. Sometimes I get homesick, just staying in the Sangoku Jidai."

"Hmmm." he sighed. "Well, it wasn't easy. Honestly there were a lot of times I just wanted to pack up and go home I missed you guys so much." He gave her a squeeze with his arm, and she hugged him back. "Luckily though, some of the guys stepped up and gave me a hand. We're all sort of the same. Most of them are from countries in Europe, but like me, they don't see their families as much as they like. We go out sometimes after work, eat dinner at a taverna or sometimes a nearby restaurant. We keep each other company, help each other out. To be honest, I don't think I would have made it without their friendship." He admitted.

"It's scary," he said after a moment's pause. "You're in a strange place, surrounded by people you don't understand, and who can't understand you. You're afraid to act like a foreigner, because people will always take advantage that. You try to act natural, but can't because you don't understand, and you don't know who to ask. Honestly Kagome, you feel really lost. Like a fish trying to swim in the Sahara. "

He finished his speech and waited as Kagome leaned against him, in silence. For a moment, he thought she might have fallen asleep, but then she sighed, and moved to sit up on her own.

"I need to go talk to him." she said standing up. Mr. Higurashi just nodded as Kagome headed over to the balcony door. She stopped, hand on the handle, and glanced back at him for reassurance. When he smiled, she took a deep breath and stepped out onto the balcony. Seconds passed.

Kagome threw the door open and ran back into the room. Her eyes wide, she took one look at him and gulped.

"Papa! He's not there!!"

*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha breathed a sigh of relief as he finally cleared the edge of the city, and made his way up the stony mountain before him. Once again he had to shake off a hopeless feeling as he saw the strange prickly plants surrounding him on the mountain side. They were completely unlike anything he'd ever seen before, just like everything else he'd come into contact with today. Once again, that little voice in the back of his head told him that he was too far away from home, that he'd never make it back, because it was impossible. He shrugged it off and continued up the side of the mountain. If Kagome wanted to be left alone, then that was fine with him. He didn't need her, he didn't need anyone. He could find his own way home just fine, he would show her. Stupid Kagome. Stupid, damned, fucking, wen...

He stopped.

Standing on the top of the mountain, Inuyasha took in the breathtaking 360 degree pan all around him, the breeze blowing his shimmering hair, reflecting orange and pink from the impending sunset. Suddenly, Inuyasha felt like crying.

It was the same, all the same, as far as the eye could see. All strange, all foreign, nothing giving even a hint of familiarity to show him his way home. He was lost. Totally and utterly lost. He would never find his way back home now, he would be stuck in this strange place for the rest of his unnaturally long life. No more friendly trees to sleep in, no more small quiet villages, hell, at least at home he could it understand when people insulted him. Here, he couldn't even tell the difference between hello and goodbye...

Home... odd, Inuyasha had always believed that he didn't have one of those, didn't need one. Homes were places where you kept your junk, and always came back to after travelling around for a long time. It was where people waited for you, people you knew and cared for, it was where you felt peaceful and safe. It was also, as far as Inuyasha was concerned, a bunch of crock. Since he was a kid, he had always traveled around, never returning to the same place twice. He could survive, he didn't need a bunch of useless possessions, and people were just a pain in the ass.

But now...Standing there, on that large chunk of rock in a strange place, he suddenly pictured a familiar scene. They were waiting for him, sitting by the well. the Bozou resting in the shade, while Sango practiced with her giant boomerang. Kirara played with the brat in the grass around the well, waiting...

...and he was here...wherever that was. He should be there, as odd as it sounded to admit. Being stuck here, made there feel like home. He wanted to go back there, he admitted to himself, but he couldn't. Instead he was trapped, in a strange place, with strange, big people driving stupid, crazy car things and talking some nonsense instead of proper Japanese. On top of that, the only person he could talk to was behaving like a total bitch, dragging him everywhere and not explaining anything to him, ignoring him on purpose, getting angry over nothing...and ...and....

Inuyasha scowled. Was this how Kagome felt when she traveled with him? When they first met? She hadn't known a thing about youkai, or their kind. He'd still insulted her, dragged her all over the country, complaining whenever they had to stop and rest, getting into dangerous battles and nearly getting her killed. Did she hate being stuck there as much as he hated being trapped here? Probably, he grudgingly admitted to himself... probably.

He sighed as he stood and headed back down the mountain, aware that he was almost smiling, ruefully. Karma had found a strange way of coming back to bite him in the ass, and he had to give it credit for that. He would go back and see Kagome. He would show her! He could face this world just like she could face his. Hopefully he could somehow patch things up with her without actually having to apologize... and if she had meant what she'd said about not wanting to see him, then at the very least, she would be able to tell him which way to go to get back...home.

*~*~*~*~*

Kagome turned another corner and grimaced at what she saw, which was nothing familiar, again. She knew she was lost now, and would have smacked herself if she'd thought it could help any. Her father had told her to stay in the hotel while he went out looking for Inuyasha, but had she listened? Of course not. Now, here she was, wandering around the nearly deserted streets of the Athens city core, after dark, alone, and totally lost. She sighed, Inuyasha was right, she was stupid.

Unfortunately, moping wasn't going to help her any, and so Kagome set her jaw again, and headed in what she guessed was the right direction. She growled at herself as she walked. Her father was probably going nuts with worry right now, and Inuyasha too if he'd been found. If not, then Inuyasha was probably still out there somewhere, on top of the highest building in the city, totally confused and lost... or maybe he was hurt?! Inuyasha didn't have a clue about modern weapons, hydro wires, highways... what if something terrible had happened to him? Stupid! This was all her fault!!

"Yasus"

Kagome jerked out of her reverie as a voice broke the empty atmosphere of the street. She stopped and searched around for it's origin, her eyes resting on the form of an older man leaning up against a light post, cigarette in hand. She was about to ignore him and move on, but stopped. Thinking hard, she shoved her hand into her pocket, and pulled out the card she had brought with her with the Hotel's address. This man didn't look dangerous. He was over 40, dressed in nice but casual clothing, his black hair was brushed and gelled. He looked safe, Kagome thought, so, swallowing her nervousness about speaking to strangers in a unfamiliar places, she walked up to him and showed him the card.

"I'm lost." She said simply in her best English. She figured there was a better chance of him understanding that than Japanese.

The man looked at her, then at the card, then at her again. He seemed think for a moment, then said, "You want go 'ere?" His accent was strange and it took Kagome a minute to figure out what he'd said. Finally she nodded.

The man's face parted into a bright smile, and he said something Kagome couldn't understand, but he was laughing and smiling, and Kagome took this to be a good sign. He gently reached up and grabbed her hand, which startled Kagome a bit, and began to walk with her. Kagome sighed. What luck! This guy was actually going to take the time to lead her straight to her hotel. She relaxed a bit as they turned a corner. She was so tired.

Suddenly, something brushed against her thigh, and Kagome stopped to see what she had walked into. Before she realized what was happening, another hand snaked it's way around her waist and pulled her into a body. Her blood ran cold. What was happening? Frantically she looked around to see that she was now in a dark alleyway, with walls on three sides. She nearly screamed as she felt hot breath, and a kiss slipping across her neck. What was happening? Why were they here? What was he doing?!!

"Efaristo palakalo nasu Baby?"

His advances became bolder as Kagome's blood froze. The one word she'd understood out of the whole line. Baby!! Oh god no! No, no, NO!!

Her mind kicked into gear, and she struggled as the strange man began to massage her bottom and legs, coming dangerously close to the apex of her thighs. She pushed against him, but he pulled her closer. She tried to scream, but she found she couldn't breath as he slobbered kisses all over her neck. She turned her head, struggling to keep her lips away from his. He pushed her back into a wall. She was crying now. He repeated the word "baby" again through his senseless babble. "Baby...baby...fun time...baby..."

"NO!!" She screamed, pounding his chest. "NO! STOP!! HELP!!" Why did she feel so weak? Her knees were barely supporting her. A hand raced up her front and began to pull at the buttons on her blouse. They popped off onto the ground and he slid his hand in and felt her through her bra. She tried to free her hands but they were pinned up against his chest as he rubbed his lower self against her. There was a bulge in his pants.

"INUYASHAAAAA!!!" She didn't know how long she had been screaming his name. She was so terrified. This didn't feel real. A nightmare, and she couldn't wake up. "HELP!!! INUYASHAA!!!" The blood pounded in her veins, her breaths short as she battled her attacker and consciousness at the same time. There was no air, but she had to scream, she had to stay awake, she had to! Otherwise he would... he would...

She blinked. He wasn't there.

Desperately she looked around. She was still here, still leaning against the back wall of the ally, but he was gone. How?

"BASTARD!!"

She snapped her head in the direction of the voice, swaying slightly at the sudden movement. She saw a blur, two blurs. The baggy, flappy one was driving the other one away, punching and swearing. She was safe, she was safe, she was...

Her knees gave out under her, and she sank to the bottom of that filthy alleyway, glass and trash shifting and scraping beneath her. Instinctively she tried to catch her breath, and calm her heart as it hammered in her chest. That was how Inuyasha found her, kneeling on the ground, head lolled forward into her chest as she hugged herself and her torn shirt tightly, trying to wipe her tears away at the same time. Some of the rage he had been feeling died as he watched her, only to be replaced by shared sorrow and pain ...Kagome...

She jumped a bit as she felt something drape over her head and around her body. Startled, she looked up to find Inuyasha staring down at her, his fire rat fir hanging around her small form. Inuyasha! She swallowed hard and pulled the cloth around her tightly, trying to sort out the emotions and thoughts that were running through her heart. He'd saved her. Inuyasha had saved her.

He was torn. What could he do now? Somehow, Inuyasha highly doubted anything he could say or do would be able to make it better. However he had to try. Cautiously, he lowered himself to his haunches and tried to catch a glimpse of her face, not surprised at what he saw there. Kagome was a wreak.

Meanwhile, Kagome thought. "He saved me. Inuyasha saved me. I ignored him, I was mean, I said I hated him, and then he goes and saves me?!"

"Kagome..."

She looked up at him, large baleful eyes brimming bright with tears, puffy and wet. She looked hurt, spiritually wounded ...and then she looked...guilty? Scared? Inuyasha set his jaw, slightly panicked. The look she gave him, it reminded him of the way a worthless dirty being looked upon a holy savior. Hurt from the attack. Awed that such a creature would see fit to save such obvious trash. Terrified that their savior might be disgusted with their appearance, and even more so, in case they decide to kill them as well. Guilty... as if knowing they deserved it....

...Why was she looking at him like that? As if he could shatter her at the bat of an eyelash. Coming from Kagome, it was just so fucking wrong. She never looked like this, as if she blamed herself, hated herself, never. Afraid, He stopped breathing, almost sure he would blow her away with even the lightest stirring of his lungs.

Before him, Kagome slowly pushed herself up onto all fours, and shuffled a few tentative inches closer, eyes begging him, pleading him to give her something. Something she desperately needed, yet sure he would be disgusted if she asked. She stopped just out of arms reach of him, and waited for him to push her away.

He didn't, and after a hesitant minute, her small hand climbed up into the space between them and thrust outward, stopping just short of touching him. It hung there a few minutes, as her lips trembled and her body shook. Her fingers were just inches from the fabric of his shirt twitching, trembling, reaching... but too afraid to touch. He watched her, confused a second, before leaning just slightly forward, allowing her hand to contact his clothing.

The touch was like an electrical shock going through Kagome's body, as all the dams on her control suddenly broke. Inuyasha nearly yelped as Kagome jerked him forward, holding the front of his shirt in a death grip as if it were the only thing connecting her to life. He fell to his knees as Kagome let out a sob and rushed forward like an unsteady infant on three limbs. As soon as she was close enough, her other hand came up, wrapped tightly around his neck, and pulled the rest of her forward onto his lap. Having accomplished that, she buried her face in the collar of his shirt and cried, tears soaking the fabric almost instantly. Before Inuyasha even had a chance to blush, she was talking to him. Moving her mouth she formed tortured words from the gut wrenching sobs, spurting uncontrollably from her mouth.

"Inuyasha...Im, I'm sorry...I'm so, so sorry" she blurted hysterically, "....I didn't, didn't mean ...I ... you didn't know...and I, I was so, mean, to, you ...and then you, you..." She broke off sobbing a moment before whimpering quietly "...god... you must hate me!"

She couldn't continue after that, and for a moment, all Inuyasha could do was sit there, shell shocked. She was apologizing? To him?! Why? He'd been as much of a jerk as she had. And what else had she said? Did Kagome actually think that he would...that he could?

"Kagome." He said her name almost as if it was a command, prying her off of him so he could look directly at her. He stated plainly. "Idiot, you're talking shit. I don't hate you, so stop putting words in my mouth!"

Kagome took a moment to absorb this, and then buried her face in his chest again and proceeded to sob with renewed vigor. Inuyasha panicked, realizing that maybe insulting the distraught girl hadn't been the wisest thing to do. Desperately he tried to think of a way to say he was sorry, without actually saying he was sorry.

"Kagome, uh...listen, I...um...think..."

"Thank you, Inuyasha..."

He stopped and looked down, almost gawking. She was thanking him now? Why? Didn't SHE hate HIS guts? He looked down at the top of her head and decided to just shut up and accept it before he screwed it up again royally. Instead, he wrapped his arms around her in a tight embrace, holding her close, while she continued to cling to him. Sighing, he breathed in her scent, and lightly nuzzled her shoulder. This time, his voice was gentle when he spoke. "Kagome, it's okay... Just... stop crying."

Slowly, her breathing began to even out, and the sobs died from harsh cries, to shuddering sighs, to small puffs, and finally nothing. Inuyasha sighed in relief as he looked down at the girl in his arms and realized that she was asleep. Stupid human, he thought, but he simply couldn't bring himself to wake her. Instead, he untangled his arm from the embrace, and gently slid it under her knees. Carrying her like that, he lifted her up and leapt onto the rooftops. Retracing his scent, he headed back to the hotel building, leaping between the opposing star studded planes of the city and the sky.

*~*~*~*~*

Notes: No, Grecian men are not all horny rapists. However, a lot of them do seem convinced that they are god's gift to women, and that a woman, upon seeing them, would rather die than not have sex with them. Foreign women are especially seen in this light, as movies and cheesy romance novels tend to portray all western woman as easy and lusty. My advice is that if you do go to Greece, and are not a male, avoid wandering around alone, and near groups of males. Even older males are not an exception. I had a guy who looked almost 60 ask if he could take me to bed, and even I'll admit I'm not the most attractive looking female. If you are a male, remember to stick close to any woman you consider your friend, as sometimes the men will back off if the girl is already "taken."