InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha ❯ Inuyasha ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

When Miroku had broken his kiss with her, he was looking rather pleased with himself, a notion that fumed Kagome to the core. However, she kept her cool, pretending to play possum and appearing shocked. When the time came for Kiara to land, she made sure that her feet were planted firmly on the ground before she wailed on him for such on offense.
And, hoohoo…would she ever wail on him!
In addition to imagining a hundred or so creative ways to torture Miroku for her added troubles, Kagome began to use her time as shocked possum on Miroku's lap for thinking about how she was going to get out of this mess, and maybe when she was going to feel Koga's sweet tongue again…
She mentally slapped herself. Being in such close proximity to a pervert was more than likely making her a pervert as well. She glanced up at Miroku, who did not stare down at her but had a thoughtfully sly expression on his face. She didn't like what he was thinking.
Hell, she knew WHAT he was thinking, but she didn't know for the life of her WHY. It was all moot because the prophecy was only supposed to affect DEMONS, and Kagome couldn't believe the fact Miroku was just being his normal lecherous self. His behavior was especially suspicious when he had sworn to be with Sango not too long ago. Things were just not making sense.
And she started to let her mind wander, trying to figure out the root of her problems. These strange occurrences only materialized recently. If she could pinpoint the exact time to when her troubles had started, maybe she could find out a clue about this “prophecy” or even better, something reasonable at all to why every male in her life, good or bad, had suddenly gone bonkers and yearned to turn her into a baby factory.
She shuddered. `This all started right when Koga showed up.' She sighed, relaxing a bit over Miroku's lap as they continued flying through the sky toward camp. She started to see visuals of the sexy wolf plague her inner mind as she closed her eyes. Her face warmed and her core radiated at the thought of him. It was no use denying it now; Kagome definitely felt SOMETHING for the wolf demon, and their relationship would never be the same. All her feelings, memories, and occurrences with Koga were slowly shoving Inu Yasha slowly down the totem pole of her guy hierarchy, yet it was not like she didn't care for him anymore. She still loved him, and he was a great deal of importance to her. Yet, she started to feel differently toward him, and after getting to know Koga, her feelings of regarding him as just a friend morphed into strong, unyielding desire.
With Inu Yasha, she felt like just a kid, a small naïve little schoolgirl. With Koga, she was a woman. And all those feelings came about so fast, and just in recent days. She had doubts, mostly from the fact that she feared that what she felt for Koga was just some weird effect like all the other guys had for her. If the prophecy was true, what was real anymore? Could she really believe what anyone says if it's motivated by some weird magic she has no control over?
She inwardly groaned as all her stress culminated into a nauseating tight mass in her stomach. She felt them descending to the camp, and before she could renew those lingering thoughts of quickly bashing Miroku's face, she snagged on one of her errant thoughts.
`I don't know what has been the most foul encounter lately, all these men or that rotten sludge demon the other day.' She was about to discard the thought when something strange pulled at her thoughts, possibly even an epiphany. “Wait! The sludge demon!” She hollered aloud, and Miroku gave her a curious look. She jumped off Kiara and pointed a finger at him.
“I'll take care of you later for molesting me, you hentai! But for now, I have to find Sango!” Kagome swore she saw Miroku's face turn a washed color of white.
“Ah, Kagome-sama… I think it's best we talk about, you know…” he smiled seductively, “…the kiss.”
“Humph!” She shot him an angry glare that would make a four year old wet himself. Miroku put on a sheepish grin. “Blah! Blah! So you kissed me! Big deal! I don't know what got into you, you perv, but I already have someone, and one peck on the lips from you isn't going to change my mind. You're lucky he isn't here to know you violated me or he'd kick the crap outta you. And for the record, I'm going to tell Sango of this little incident, but not until after she helps me find more out by this strange prophecy!”
Miroku's face was white as a sheet as she stood there hollering and babbling on about stuff, but the thing that hit him the hardest was the phrase “tell Sango,” and that left him utterly deflated and anxiety-ridden. So, instead of lying down and dying like he really wanted to, he stopped Kagome before she could rush off.
“Wait, Kagome-sama, let me explain!” Miroku cried in a desperate plea. However, Kagome refused to hear him, letting him suffer just a little longer with his crime before she would evenly listen to him. “Ha, that's what he gets for trying to molest me!” She said under her breath as she ran toward Sango at camp.
Upon her return, Shippo jumped into her arms on cue, blathering in his sweet, yet sometimes annoying, little voice on how much he missed her and how he was abused and all sorts of other nonsense that she just didn't want to hear right now. She gently flung him aside, telling him to settle down and that she had something urgent to discuss with Sango. He pouted at her brush off, and she silently thanked the Gods that Shippo was not going off trying to mate with her as well. `Phew, now Shippo on a hormonal rampage, that's something I wouldn't be able to handle. I'd ask the doctor to GIVE me the straightjacket and see if he can add pretty pink bows to it…'
She shook away her thoughts and gave her attention to the worried demon slayer. “Kagome-chan, what's wrong?”
“Oh let's see. All sorts of horny demons are chasing me trying to make me their little woman, and one them thinks I'm going to be the mother of the most powerful being in world to take the throne and put Japan through a new age of demons! Oh, other than that…things are just fine!” She rambled all this off in one hurried breath and gasped for air when she ended. She started giggling nervously, mostly trying to stifle waves of extreme anxiety shaking through her body. `Great, Sango must think I've gone insane!'
However, Sango, as serious as always, put a concerned hand on her shoulder and gave her a reassuring look. Something tweaked in the back of Kagome's mind that maybe Sango would jump her too.
When Sango broke her contact with her, smiling sweetly, Kagome sighed in relief and chastised herself for such silly paranoia.
`But with recent events, who could blame me into thinking the whole living and breathing bipedal population is out to shag me!' She shivered with unease at her own statement. “Sango, you gotta help me!”
“Just calm down, Kagome-chan, and tell me what's wrong,” Sango said, sitting down cross-legged on the ground. She gave Kagome an attentive gaze, already expecting that with the way Kagome was acting, this story was going to be too epic for long bouts of standing. Kagome cleared her throat, and she sat down on the ground facing Sango. She inhaled a huge breath, and then exploded the meaty parts of her story as sanely and clearly as she could muster.
After finishing her story, Kagome couldn't help remember the angry utterances under Sango's breath (“Why that “ and “Why I outta ring his neck!” and “Stupid hentai bastard!”) as she explained everything about what the guys were after, her feelings (though she had left out the whole bit in the cave with Koga - no need to be too informative), that crazy prophecy, and of course, the incident with Miroku.
And of course, Sango found that story about Miroku very INTERESTING, and as Kagome told it, Sango's eyes grew dark, her smile turned sinister, and she began to crack her knuckles loudly. Kagome almost imagined herself teaming up with Sango and going after Miroku like a couple of Amazonian executioners, but there just wasn't time for such power-hungry vengeance-crazed fantasies.
“I think something terribly wrong is going on here. This stuff has NEVER happened to me before. Before Koga and that sludge demon showed up, our lives were normal, well for the most part, and we didn't walk around the forest with mass sexual overtones challenging our emotions! It's like…It's like I've been dreaming all along after eating a tray full of oysters!”
Sango paused and silence lodged between them. Kagome heard a crow cawing in the background.
Then, Sango's only response was, “Well, oysters are aphrodisiacs, Kagome-chan.” Kagome gave her a deadpan expression, “That's a bit off topic, Sango.”
Sango blushed slightly. “Right, sorry.” Kagome was about to pull out her hair that Sango was taking her problems so lightly, but as she saw the glint of fury in the demon slayer's eye, she knew that Sango had one thing on her mind the complete and utter sacking of a certain perverted houshi. Kagome sighed at Sango's obvious willingness to help.
“You just HAVE to help me!” Kagome whined, tugging on Sango's sleeve. Kagome snapped Sango out of whatever masochistic world her mind was in, and looked up at her with a desperate face. “Plleeeeeeeaaaaassssseeee! We can go and tie Miroku to a rock and torture him later. Please? Pretty please with ramen on top?”
Sango sighed and nodded. Shippo chimed in and said he would help too, and Kagome feared the things his young mind would learn from any problems that might arise from solving this mystery.
“So, where do you think we should start? You said something about all your problems happening right about the time Koga and that Sludge demon showed up. Do you think that this could be a clue in finding out more about that prophecy?” Sango tapped her chin with her finger, obviously deep in thought. “Have you thought about asking Sesshoumaru more about this prophecy?”
“Ahhh! Are you joking? I might as well offer myself on a platter with cherries and whip cream with a sign labeled `EAT ME…and don't leave any leftovers!'” Kagome panicked. Sango shook her head.
“But he's our biggest clue! C'mon, Kagome. I'll be there with you!” Sango reassured. Kagome gave her a nauseous glance.
“Yeah, and he'll probably kill you and then take me for himself. This is SESSHOUMARU we are talking about, not Koga or Inu Yasha,” Kagome sighed and then added sarcastically. “Ooh, or better, maybe he'll have us engage in a threesome!” Kagome clamped her own hand over her mouth with a wide-eyed expression to her own statement. “GAH! I can't believe I said that! I can't believe I PICTURED IT!” Then she proceeded to bonk herself on the head yelling incoherently.
Sango just stood there and said with a pondering tone, “Hrmm…”
“Ah, don't picture it!” Kagome yelled in a crazed voice.
Sango blushed and shook her head. “No, not that. I mean, I was just thinking that if all these are after you, and then aren't they all going to intersect with you soon? Once we all get them together, won't we get some answers?”
Kagome stopped beating herself for a moment to give Sango's idea a ghost of a thought. “Huh, yeah and watch them all kill each other over me, or worse rip me into pieces like I'm the freshest, meatiest new kill for dinner time.”
Sango looked at her sternly, getting a little tired of Kagome's verbal tirades, and she said, “Well, one way or another you're going to have to face them. They'll hunt you down no matter what, and then if they do rip you to pieces or worse, take you without your consent, then you'll never know anything about the truth in this prophecy because you were too busy running away.”
With Sango's words, she felt like someone just gave her a swift kick in her tukas. She blinked several times before taking a deep breath and standing straight up. She furrowed her brows and flames of fighting spirit raged in her eyes.
“Let's go, Sango!” Kagome charged.
“Go? Go where!” Sango asked, leaping after her friend. Kagome was making a beeline to back where they had just come from a couple days ago.
“To where that sludge demon was, of course. Everything started happening about that time, so I figured that's a good place to start looking!” Kagome yelled at her, still maintaining her fierce run.
“Kiara!” Sango yelled, summoning the fire cat and then leaping on her back as she caught up and ran beside her. Sango and Kiara hurried up toward Kagome, and Sango helped lifted her onto Kiara's back as they headed toward the last whereabouts of the demon.
`I promise, I'm going to beat this!' Kagome vowed, glaring at the path ahead of her.
 
“Yo, monk!” Koga yelled, running up to a monk reclining under a well-shaded tree. Miroku jumped at hearing the voice, and it was obvious he was a little too anxious than normal.
“Um…yes?” Miroku asked, his voice rattling somewhat, yet Koga paid no attention to it.
“Where'd you put Kagome? I saw Naraku carry her off and you rescued her,” Koga said. Miroku paled, wondering if it was smart enough to tell the wolf demon about Kagome's whereabouts after what he had done to her. He knew the wolf demon would lop off his head for sure if he knew the truth.
Miroku cleared his throat. “Koga, what is your relationship with Lady Kagome?”
Koga gave him a suspicious look. “She's my woman, and we've been courting with some success. Ah, the stories I could tell you…” He paused, smiling proudly, rubbing his chin. ”Why do you ask, monk?”
“Well it just seems like Kagome has run into so much trouble with guys lately, I was wondering if you were the person she spoke of when I rescued her.”
“Person she spoke of? What tricks are you starting to play?” Koga said, running up to him and standing mere inches from punching in his face.
Miroku stood his ground, trying to not show that he was in the least bit scared. “Well, she told me a little of what was happening to her, and she said that she didn't understand why everyone was acting this way when she already had someone.” `Okay, so I rephrased her statement a bit,' Miroku thought. He was never one to really feel guilty about a little lie.
Koga's heart soared. He didn't know if the monk was lying or not, but he didn't care. If Kagome had truly picked someone, he hoped that she had meant him. Waitafter that incident with the hot spring and the cave, he KNEW it just had to be him.
`I mean, she didn't let dog turd relieve her “pain” like she did me,' he said proudly, inwardly chuckling.
Jubilation filled in his body and he sported a goofy grin. Miroku winced when he thought the wolf demon was going to hit him, yet instead Koga grabbed his hand and starting shaking it, thanking him repeatedly.
With a quick sniff in the air, Koga took off toward Kagome's scent without another word. Miroku sighed and thanked his lucky stars that Koga only knew about that, and not what really happened.
Still, Miroku smiled with satisfaction. He didn't mean to really kiss Kagome. It had only been a joke. He had realized that both Koga and Inu Yasha were fighting for her, and then seeing Naraku come after her, he just wanted to play a little game.
`Lady Kagome is indeed beautiful, but not really my type,' Miroku sighed, and he justified his actions through the phrase, `if everyone else is doing it, why can't I?'
Besides, it didn't hurt to add just a little spice into their lives. Killing demons and suppressing obvious sexual frustration was so dull sometimes.
 
 
TBC...