InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha ❯ Inuyasha ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The air was so silent a canon could be shot through it. The wind picked up and blew through Kagome's hair as she stared down her four audience members. If she waited any longer, she wondered if tumbleweed would blow through. But this was no time for wondering.
 
She had to put an end to this. For the last few days, things were chaotic because of this love potion, and everyone was acting so strange. And despite the raccoon spirit's explanation, there was just still one thing she needed to know.
 
She lifted up her head defiantly with furrowed brows and a serious expression. She cleared her throat, and her four audience members waited with anticipation to the phrase that would spill out of her mouth.
 
She just had to say the name of the person she chose, and then this whole mess would end and the effects of the potion would soon be dispelled.
 
But she hesitated. Why? Well, she was just itching to know what this whole deal with Sesshoumaru was all about. What the heck was up with that prophecy if that raccoon didn't even know about it? And why did her actions with Koga under the full moon follow the definition of the prophecy so closely? Her mind was ebbing on pure insanity, and if she wasn't stuck in Feudal Japan, she would have expected the men in white coats to drag her away chapters ago.
 
But she digressed.
 
“So, before I make my decision,” she said and saw their stares become harder and more lusty, and she cringed as she tried desperately not to look at Naraku, who was, EW, looking at her like she was a carton of General Tso's chicken. She looked at Sesshoumaru, who appeared rather sure of himself that he would win, and she inwardly cringed at such an idea. `Sorry, buddy, but you're not going to win this time,' she said to herself silently, but there were parts of her more primal urges that were screaming in agony at the loss of opportunity to touch his pretty hair. She silenced them quickly when she thought about how poison claws AND deplorable haughty attitudes were NOT sexy and that he was just under a spell anyway.
 
Patting away her thoughts, she moved her mind back on track and looked at Sesshoumaru with displeasure. She opened her mouth, careful not to say his name, and said rather huffily, “Hey, I just want to know one thing -- what's the deal with that cock and bull prophecy you told me about anyway? Since the gang's all here, why don't you enlighten us?”
 
Put on the spotlight, Sesshoumaru closed his eyes and smirked, feeling proud for gaining Kagome's attention, even if she wasn't truly picking him. Smoothly, Sesshoumaru cleared his throat and retorted to her question, "Actually, the story was a fabrication so I could get you to accept me."
 
Kagome's jaw dropped, and when her mind sifted through the pretentious clutter of his statement, she realized that his meaning would have been the same if he had simply said, "Hey, I just lied to get you in the sack." And if Sesshoumaru HAD actually said it that way, it would have been massively creepy and she may have dropped dead after hearing it.
 
The effects of the love potion were making things strange enough already.
 
Kagome's shoulders shook and she thought her head was going to fall off. That didn't explain ANYTHING. She started to inhale a chunk of air, and Sango and the raccoon cringed back after seeing that Kagome was about ready to blow her top. She fisted her hands in the air, and she stared maddeningly at the ground.
 
`He just made it up?' She couldn't believe it, especially not after she was so horny on the night of that full moon and had coerced Koga into dispelling her `heat' or whatever the hell it was. It just doesn't make sense!
 
“You made it up?!” She screamed at him. Sesshoumaru didn't seem affected by her anger, while Koga and Inuyasha were just a bit frightened. Actually, Sesshoumaru found her anger quite humorous, and she didn't like that at all. “You stupid jerk! How can that be made up after everything I've gone through and all the things I felt that day!” Her voice started to become hoarse from so much yelling out of surprise as of late, and all she could do was try to calm herself down.
 
“Ah, well I can explain that,” the raccoon spirit chimed in. Kagome whipped her head around and glared. The raccoon made an `eep' sound after seeing her killer expression. “Well --- you see ---“
 
“Spit it out!” Kagome yelled, her hands coming after him but only strangled at the air. The raccoon spirit feigned to imagine what it would be like to have those hands around his neck. Needless to say, it would not be good, not in her current state of mental health.
 
“Well, because of the potion and since you were the focus of the spell, your intended choice was affected by this spell and was supposed to make you …erm, more aroused in close proximity. But because there were …uh …four intended males, being around all of them was just naturally going to make you feel that way.”
 
“Hello!? That makes no darn sense! I wasn't feeling that way when Nar—“She caught herself, careful not to say his name. His ears perked at her almost faux pas. She covered her mouth, and then groaned. She pointed to the sky and said, “How come I didn't feel anything with Nasty Guy over there?”
 
The raccoon spirit looked at her stunned, not sure why his explanations had so many loopholes. “You didn't feel anything at all toward him?”
 
“Well, yeah, revulsion and hatred!” She bellowed, and Naraku's demons wiggling on his shoulders actually drooped in a defeated response.
 
“Ah, but aren't those emotions good sometimes when it comes to initiating a little foreplay?” He replied as-a-matter-of-factly winking at her.
 
And that was her breaking point, earning him a clobber on the head. She positively frothed to his responses and said, “NO! What kind of sick world do you live in anyway?”
 
And all the raccoon could do was sigh. “Just accept it. IT happens … to SOME.”
 
“Well, not to me! I'm sick of all these twisted games and charades. This is ending now! Every question I ask receives even more ridiculous explanations! GAH!”
 
She turned around, gritting her teeth and clenching her fists. “Fine! You want to know who I'll pick? Are you all SO eager for my decision? Well, it isn't you two jokers,” she pointed to Naraku and Sesshoumaru. “And it certainly isn't you, Mr. Run-back-into-the-arms-of-my-dead-girlfriend. So that only leaves…”
 
Sesshoumaru was dumbfounded that HE was rejected and he crossed his arms in a huff. Naraku buzzed in the air, shocked and peeved, ready to scheme a way to kidnap her again. Inuyasha was positively jarred, and Kagome didn't know if he was disappointed or even just a little heart broken. But then she looked at Koga, and when their eyes met, they mutually smiled at one another.
 
Koga had a feeling it would be him, even before he heard the things that the monk had said. He knew because they had been through so much together.
 
“Koga,” she said his name, and there was no regret. As much as she still loved Inuyasha, she knew that her love for him had changed. It had transformed into something docile and platonic, and all the uncertainty and anxiety had washed away after she had finally said Koga's name. The time being with him and the things he did for her had made her change her mind. She had learned to love him, truly love him like a woman should love a man she wanted to be with, touch, and share every fantasy and desire together without any holding back.
 
And after she said that, suddenly the air became lighter. A wind passed through, and the other three suitors had shaken their heads in cloudy confusion. They all blinked, wondering what the hell was going on. They looked around, only to assess the situation that Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha were side-by-side and Naraku was hovering above them. Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru drew their swords, ready for action and both ignoring the fact that Koga was there too, only he had suddenly run into Kagome's arms behind them.
 
“Naraku! What the fuck are you doing here?” Inuyasha snarled, and Sesshoumaru remained silent to here his enemy's reply. Naraku seemed a little jarred, but then he mocked confidence and laughed evilly at them, providing no explanation.
 
Mainly he HAD no explanation, and he played off his negligence of the situation as his usual daily bugging of his enemies.
 
“Kukuku…Oh, that's for me to know and you to find out, Inuyasha,” and he floated away from the situation like a schoolyard bully who'd suddenly lost his nerve. Inuyasha growled as he started to run after him, only to lose him by crashing into one of Naraku's impromptu barriers.
 
Inuyasha was pissed, confused, and for some reason, sporting a really bad headache. He sniffed the air and realized his brother was here too, just as confused and pissed as he was.
 
“So what the fuck are you doing here?” And that statement just initiated a string of arguments and barking between the brothers, and they drowned out everyone else in the area in pursuit of one-upping the other.
 
Kagome fell out of Koga's embrace softly, smiling into his deep animated eyes. He looked at her with relief and desire, and she felt her emotions stir in felicity at the sight of him.
 
“You chose me,” he said in that low husky tone that always seemed to make her body melt like a stick of butter.
 
“Of course, I chose the best one. Don't you agree?” She teased feeding his ego.
 
Koga gave her his trademark bad-boy smirk and smoothed his hands down her arms. He delighted in the feel of her soft flesh in his rough hands. And his senses spiked, reveling in the fact that since she chose him, his hands would be allowed to do much more exploring than just her arms. And that thought fueled his fire, and he bent down, grabbing her lips in an insatiable taste.
 
She responded, arching up into his mouth, teasing her tongue against his and playfully flicking his fangs with the tip. He growled and she laughed and then moaned eager to go deeper within him.
 
“HEY! What the hell are you two doing?” Inuyasha screamed, and Kagome and Koga broke away, somewhat embarrassed and alarmed that he was now paying attention. Sesshoumaru apparently got bored as usual with his brother's banter and had left, leaving Inuyasha to turn around and catch them kissing. Kagome blushed and looked guiltily to the ground.
 
Inuyasha stomped over to them, pulling Kagome from Koga's grasp. Koga gave him a dangerous look as his rival had suddenly pulled his woman from him in a possessive stance.
 
“She chose me, blockhead, so let her go before I rip your balls off!” Koga gnashed at him, pushing a fist into his chest and inching Inuyasha back with a challenging nudge.
 
“What? Chose you? What the hell are you talking about?” Inuyasha said, glaring at Koga like he was either nuts or being a dickhead as usual to Kagome's `unwanted' affections.
 
“Um…Inuyasha, there's been some things happening between us, and well, I can explain everything,” Kagome said, retracting herself from his grip.
 
Inuyasha looked at her with shock and disbelief. He feared what was going through this girl's head and what was happening with her and his biggest rival. He was almost afraid that she was giving up on him, that he couldn't come to her after Kikyo was gone.
 
“We should talk … alone,” Kagome turned to Koga and gave him a pleading look. She was determined to let Inuyasha down easily and didn't want to do it in front of Koga so Inuyasha could be comfortable Koga nodded to her decision.
 
“Fine,” Inuyasha had said, crossing his arms and walking toward the forest. “Let's go.”
 
And before Kagome could go, Koga pulled her aside and looked at her fiercely. “Please say, that you're not going to change your mind. You chose me, right? You'll be my mate?”
 
Kagome placed a hand on his cheek and watched as he closed his eyes in response to her touch. “Of course, and I'm not going back on my word. Koga, I've fallen in love with you. You have nothing to worry about. Besides, I need closure with Inuyasha, just as much as he needs it with me.”
 
Her voice was resolute but ebbing on sorrow. It was still painful in her heart to end things this way, but it couldn't be helped. She eventually had to choose, and now it was time.
 
“Oi, woman! You wanted to talk, so let's go!” His voice rang from the forest impatiently, and she gave Koga another serious look before running off in Inuyasha's direction.
 
~*~
 
Inuyasha leaned against a tree and crossed his arms in disgust. He looked at her, his eyes hard and piercing into her soul. She swallowed a forming lump in her throat.
 
It was now or never.
 
“So what's the deal with you and wolf boy? I thought you were going to stay with me,” he huffed, his voice sounding hurt but masked by toughness.
 
“I AM going to stay with you, as I promised, but it has changed … in a way,” she said softly.
 
“In what way? You can't stay with me while he's around, can you? I won't allow it,” he said grunting.
 
She felt her temper brewing, but instead, she just slumped her shoulders and sighed. It was no use fighting now. It was pointless.
 
“I'm staying, but only as your best friend. I love you dearly, and I thought that I loved you in the same way you love Kikyo, but …” She paused and she realized she had his full attention now. “I feel something different with Koga. I feel like a woman. And when I'm with you I feel …”
 
He was looking at her so intensely she wondered if she could get the words out right without hurting him, “I feel caring and warmth, but it's more sisterly.”
 
Inuyasha was silent. She was obviously not finished so he let her continue.
 
“And please don't think this feeling is a bad thing. I've just grown out of being the third wheel to this thing with you and Kikyo. At first, yes, I had a childlike crush on you, and I fell in love with you as I got to know you.” He saw that she was crying now, looking away from the ground. “But you and I both know I'm not the kind of person that can handle being second. And don't deny that I'm not, because even in its cruel honest truth, Kikyo will always come first. And I don't blame you because she had you before I even came onto the scene.”
 
He looked away from her, obviously hurt and confused. “So what are you saying? That we're just going to be good friends from now on?”
 
“Yes, I guess I'm saying that. Is that okay?” A huge weight was lodged on her shoulder, waiting to fall off to his next response.
 
He grunted, and then he looked at her seriously. “You won't leave me, for real? You'll still be around?”
 
She smiled at him genuinely. “Of course, silly. You're still very precious to me, Inuyasha.”
 
A small smile tugged at his lips. He nodded, and it was enough for her that he accepted her extension of friendship. He felt a little relief in his own right, considering now he didn't have to sneak around when he went to see Kikyo just to save her feelings.
 
“So have you really accepted wolf-boy as your `mate?'” He asked in a slightly teasing tone. Kagome blushed.
 
“I don't know much about that stuff, and we still have a lot to do with Naraku on the loose. I guess we'll have to see how it goes,” she said wistfully. Her eyes seemed hopeful though. “But I do love that crazy guy.”
 
Inuyasha nodded again and then sighed. He saw her extend her hand to him.
 
“Friends?” He smiled again and then took her hand, shaking it.
 
“Friends.” She grinned happily, but before she could let go, he pulled her closer to him. He looked at her with intense eyes. She met his look, stunned at such a response.
 
“Since you haven't decided to officially mate with that bozo, I think in the future I may still have a chance,” he cackled, gaining delight in her small blush.
 
She was about to really lose her temper when she came up with this beautiful response to his gesture.
 
“Oho, you think so?” She challenged. He still continued to give her cocky look, and she returned with one of her own. “And what would Kikyo say about this?”
 
She leaned in closer to him, enjoying the scowl on his face at the mention of Kikyo. She got dangerously close to his ear and blew in it suggestively. He couldn't stop the rush of arousal in his veins and became furious to her flirtations. “I always knew you couldn't resist me.”
 
And she broke away, clasping her hands behind her back and skipping merrily away from him as if she was going off to Oz. He growled and clenched his fists behind her.
 
“You bitch! It was just a joke!” And he stomped violently behind her as she laughed wickedly, leading their way back to the group.
 
~*~
 
 
The sun was hiding below the evening, and everyone was silent and lethargic after eating a full meal prepared by an elative wolf prince.
 
“Mmm…I'm going to miss this cooking when you leave tomorrow,” Kagome sighed, giving Koga a pout. Koga chuckled and pecked her on the cheek.
 
“I agree,” Sango said, rubbing her full belly. Miroku braved a motion and began caressing her full belly with her, only to get a slap. Sango acted like it was a usual thing and then continued talking. “Kagome, what will you do when Koga leaves tomorrow night?”
 
Kagome gave her friend a quick sly glance, knowing full well she was trying to pry something naughty from her in response to saying goodbye to her new `boyfriend.' Koga wasn't sharp enough to catch Sango's meaning, and just goofily grinned beside Kagome as if his whole world couldn't get any better.
 
Kagome sipped her tea, and gave Sango a mischievous look. “Oh, it will be hard. I'll miss him for sure.” She paused, and Sango awaited something more. Inuyasha crossed his arms and grunted as he listened from atop a tree branch. Miroku was still nursing his sore face from Sango's wrath, and Kirara and Shippo were already dozing off.
 
“I'm sure you will miss him,” Sango said mocking a neutral tone in her voice. She tried very hard not to sound like she was teasing. “So surely you will say goodbye to him tomorrow.”
 
“Surely,” Kagome said, mimicking Sango's underlying playful tones. Kagome sipped her tea again. “And I'll definitely give him a nice going away present if that's what you mean.” Kagome winked and Sango couldn't help but let loose a wide grin.
 
Kagome turned to Koga but still seemed to be addressing Sango. “Yep, I still owe him an act of pleasure from those courtship rites,” Koga choked on the food he was gnawing on and Inuyasha almost fell out of his tree. Kagome smiled sweetly and put her hand on Koga's leg. “Isn't that right, Koga?”
 
The poor wolf prince blushed, not concerned with food anymore but more focused on the weight of Kagome's words and the heat her hand caused laying suggestively on his leg.
He nodded dumbly, and then he suddenly stared into space and grinned lecherously. Miroku had nothing on a grin like that.
 
Oh yes, tomorrow was going to be sweet indeed.
 
 
 
 
~THE END~