InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Irresistible Temptations ❯ And life goes on..... ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Thanks for the reviews Vandreador and silverwolf halfbeast! It's always great to hear that the readers are enjoying the story!

Disclaimer: I sadly do not own Inuyasha..... :(

Chapter 19

Two weeks have past since the end of our history project, and Kagome and I have been growing apart ever since it ended. At the close of it everything went fine. Kagome and Sango both got A's on their papers, I got a B+ and Miroku just barely got a B-. It was nice to be back in my big house with all of it's space, but I really did miss living with Kagome, Sango and Miroku. Life at my house was just so dull and lifeless.... Kagome and I were still in the same classes together, and still ate lunch at the same table, but it was like she didn't want to be around me if she didn't have to.

Her and Sesshoumaru had gone on many dates since their first weeks ago, and it seemed that the relationship wasn't going to end anytime soon. I don't know what to do about it though.... What I really want to do is just kill Sesshoumaru, but I don't think Kagome would like that too much..... Every time she would talk about him at lunch though, I wanted to kill something. I'm starting to think that I can't lie to myself anymore about her. I obviously have some feelings for her, but I am not going to tell anyone else that. Especially Miroku. The idiot hasn't left me alone about Kagome since Sesshoumaru and Kagome met. And as great as this was that I was facing the truth, I still had no idea what the hell I'm going to do.

I'm making sure that Kagome and I stay friends, but gods it's so annoying. I'm not even trying to act like I'm happy for her and Sesshoumaru 'cause I'm not that good of an actor.

As I was laying on my bed in my room thinking about all these stupid problems, there was a knock at my door.

"Come in," I said flatly.

"Inuyasha the phone is for you," my mother said coming in and holding a phone. "I think it's Kagome...."

At the sound of her name I jumped to my feet and took the phone from my mom. She rolled her eyes and left the room. She had been the first person to notice that I wasn't acting like myself.....and I was pretty sure that she knew the cause of that as well.

"Hello?"

"Inuyasha? Are you busy right now? Because there is something that I really need to talk to someone about."

Well, that wasn't exactly, "I really need to talk to you" but as long as she was talking to me, I didn't care that much.

"What's up?"

"Do you remember the house we were staying at that wasn't really mine? You know it was Mr. Griffiths house?"

"Yeah.....actually I've been meaning to ask you about that, how do you land us being able to stay there?"

"Well, that's pretty much what this whole thing is about. You see, Mr. Griffith and my mom went to high school together. They were sort of what you could call high school sweet hearts. After they graduated, they went to different colleges, and that's when my mom met my dad. As you know, my dad died a few years back, but it would seem that Mr. Griffith never really got over my mom. That's probably why he let a bunch of random kids stay in his mansion, he's trying to win over my mom. Actually that fact was just proven to me. My mom just told me, that Mr. Griffith proposed to her last night......"

"What?! What did she say?"

"She said no of course! Obviously if she did marry him, we would be a lot better off, but she still loves my dad. She said that there are a few other reasons too, but she wouldn't tell me what they are."

"Well what do you think about all of this?" I asked still trying to take everything in myself.

"I just want what will make my mom happy....but honestly, I don't think that Mr. Griffith could do that anyway. I've met the guy and quite frankly, he seemed like a stuck up jerk. I think all of that money has gone to his head...... Also I think that it's odd that he is still so in love with my mom....... I mean of course she is amazing, but what with all of his money he could have married almost anyone....well, anyone who is shallow at least..."

"Yeah, this whole thing does seem a bit weird...."

"That's what Sesshoumaru said!"

Trying not to sound too annoyed that we were talking about my bloody half brother I said, "Oh you've already talked to Sesshoumaru about this?"

"Yeah, he was the first person I called. He had to go to work though, and I needed a second opinion. Well, enough about me, how have you been doing?" She asked happily. "It feels like we haven't really talked in ages!"

"Well, we haven't been talking much really.....You've been busing lately I guess."

"I have haven't I? I'm sorry about that.... I miss the four of us spending time together, we should hang out more k?"

"Yeah that would be great. Did you have anything in mind?" I asked hopefully.

"Hey I have to go Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru is on the other line. But we'll talk soon k?" she said quickly.

"Sure, if you say so," I said.

Without replying, she hung up the phone. How nice that she "wanted" to talk to me, but if I didn't get Sesshoumaru out of the picture, and fast, I wouldn't have a chance at all. Something had to be done......

~~~~******~~~~

The next day at lunch I really didn't feel like eating, and decided to try and do some homework.....OK well actually I decided to find a table that had a perfect view of Kagome, and then take out some homework so it wouldn't look like I was just staring at her. I was perfectly happy where I was, until Kouga decided to come sit next to me.

"Don't bother," he said nodding in Kagomes direction.

Hoping that he would go away if I said nothing, I decided not to reply.

"She'll break your heart..." he said dramatically.

"What do you want?"

"To save you from yourself," he said smirking.

"Your enjoying this aren't you?"

"Of course. I liked Kagome....she broke my heart..." he said sighing. "Kind of ironic that now when you really can't get her, you like her!"

"I don't like her like that," I lied.

"Uh huh...sure you don't. No since in denying it, the only thing you can do is find someone else to obsess over. It worked for me. Ayame is perfect for me, and now I couldn't care less about Kagome. Trust me, it's the only thing that will work....or you could always kill who ever it is....But from what I hear, he's your brother so that's probably not the best idea. Not to mention Kagome would hate you......"

"Ok are you done ranting yet? Because for your information, I was already planning on dating someone else genius. So thanks, but I really do not need your help."

"Planning to try and make her jealous huh? Yeah that's why I dated Ayame originally. Didn't really work......In fact, I think Kagome still doesn't even know that I have a girl friend..... So, good luck with that!" He said finally getting up and leaving.

I knew that he was probably right, but I had to at least give it a chance. I couldn't just make myself not care, and I know that I would question forever if we could have ever really had a chance. If I do nothing, I'll never no and I couldn't live with that...... Now there was just one thing left to do....I had to find the lucky girl.

I had a few different options, but none seemed appealing in the least..... There was my little fan club of Ayumi, Yuka, and Eri, but that would never work because everyone knew that they all worshiped me....Not to mention that being around them made me want to hurt someone..... Lately a rumor had been going around that Kikyo was going to try to get back with me no matter what her parents said, but I didn't even want to pretend date her anymore.....She was annoying and snobby and she got jealous so easily.... No, that would never do that's for sure.....

"Hey Inuyasha," said Sango sitting down next to me. "What's up?"

"I thought you were eating lunch with Kagome."

"Well, I was. But I swear if I have to listen to her rant about Sesshoumaru any more, I'm going to shoot myself. I liked her a lot more before she was with him....."

"Yeah so did I. But what can we do?" I said hoping that she had I better idea then I did.

"You really like her huh?" She asked out of the blue.

"What does that have to do with this?" I demanded.

"That's the only reason you would hate seeing her with Sesshoumaru."

"Ok, so what if I do? That doesn't help the situation at all. And what about you and Miroku? When you're not wanting to kill him, we all know you're wanting to..."

"Inuyasha!" she yelled cutting me off.

"What? Everyone but Miroku knows that you have been obsessed with him for years."

"Why is he so god damn clueless?!"

"I don't know.....he's an idiot, even you know that."

"So we both don't want Kagome with Sesshoumaru, and we need to find a way to wake Miroku up....I think I may have an idea...."

"Really?" she had my attention now.

"Yeah! I mean this may sound stupid, but I really think it could work..... If we date for a while, you have to know that it's going to bug both of them."

"Well obviously Miroku will notice, but won't Kagome not really care? Knowing her she'll be happy for her two friends." I said rolling my eyes.

"That's just a chance we are going to have to take. Unless you have a better idea that is...."

"Nope........Let's do this."

Sango didn't reply, and it became silent between us....It was the deep breath before the plunge......





A/M: Hehe... I couldn't help but being dramatic :D I hope you like where things are going, don't forget to review!