InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Is She a Lost General or Something More? ❯ Akira ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sakura awoke to her head exploding in pain. Hell, her whole body was in pain. She was wet and the smell of blood was strong in her nose. She wondered why she could smell the blood so easily, but then she remembered all that had happened, and thought to herself, Oh yeah. Haha. I’m an inu-youkai. How could I forget my silly little nosey! She was rather delirious and dizzy. All her thoughts kind of swarmed together.

She was vaguely aware of strong arms carrying her.
What’s going on? Who is carrying me? Sakura tried to move, but the pain was too much.

“Ah! Waking I see! Splendid! Absolutely excellent! Do not worry, Sayuri! You are in good hands. We shall rest soon! But for now, just sleep and relax!”

Why’d someone call me small lily? Hell, who is talking to me anyway? Sakura managed to look up. She saw a man with pointed ears and short, bright red hair.
He’s handsome, thought Sakura, and he’s clearly a demon. Should I trust him...? Well, I guess I have no choice in the matter. Before she could think about it anymore, she had fallen asleep.
___________________________________________

A few hours later…

Ah, this is nice. I’m so warm and comfy. Sakura snuggled deeper into the soft furs covering her. She could feel the warmth and hear the crackle of a fire, nearby.

“I see you are awake. You must be hungry and thirsty. You have been asleep for quite a while. Around half a day, I suspect. Well, actually it's nighttime, so half a night I suppose! Yes, that’s right!” The man let out a cheerful chuckle and continued to talk with great speed. “I made a stew. It isn’t much, but… what can you do in the middle of the wilderness?”

By this time, Sakura had sat up. She was staring, rather stupidly, at the man before her. He was a youkai and appeared to be, say, 25 or 26. What was really weird was that he was just sitting there babbling on like a fool.

“What are you looking at Lily?”

“Hm? Ah… oh… um. Who are you?”

“Me?? WHY I’m Akira, Regent General of the Western Lands!!” He stood up and took a great bow. “At your service, little lily!”

“Ack. Why do you keep calling me lily, or little lily? My name is Sakura, Sakura Takendo”.

“Yes, of course it is. So it is you! Excellent, this day just keeps getting better. About lilies, you smell like them. That’s why I call you small lily. As for the small part, you're a young lady, not an adult!”

“Oh, thanks.”

“Jeez. If it helps, I’ll call you Lily… just Lily! I will refrain from using the small part. You aren’t a child, so I suppose I shouldn’t call you small. How old are you, anyway? You should be 11 or 12 by now.”

“And how would you know that? You said you knew who I was, unless ’so it is you!’ means something else. So… who, may I ask, are you?!”

“…Rather sarcastically said. You should be nicer. About my name, I told you already! I am Akira; I serve under Lord Sesshoumaru as regent of the Western Lands, so naturally I know who you are."

“Oh. That’s where I was heading!!!!!” She remembered why she had left the village in the first place. “I have to save my town!!! The cat demons were attacking!” Sakura tried to get up, but (with the speed of a demon) Akira jumped up and pushed her down.

“You are injured and tired. You will stay here, eat, and rest.”

“But what about my family!?”

“For your information, they are not really your family. They are the servants Ayame, Akito, Jin (Sakura’s foster father), and Sara (Sakura’s foster mother). However, there is no need to worry. They are alright. I saw them before I found you. They are on there way back to the castle, with the guard that was originally traveling with me”.

“Ok”, at least there is some good news, “Why did you have a guard with you, and isn’t it a bit of a coincidence that you and a group of other people… or should I call them demons?… were near my town when the attack happened?”

“Not at all! We had gotten word that the cat demons were going to attack your town. I convinced Lord Sesshoumaru to let me go and help. Unfortunately, the cat-youkai attacked before we got there. When my party and I ran into your foster family; the one, Ayame, they call her; said she had stayed in the village until the end. She said that there was nothing else to be done. She also told me that you had run off looking for help. I realized that the cats would have picked up your sent and were probably chasing you. I went to look for you and sent everyone else back to the castle. I found you in the forest being torn up by a cat demon."

"Oh yeah... what... what did he do?", she asked in a small voice, remembering the vile orange eyes and what he had said.

"Do not fear. He injured you pretty badly, but I chased him off before he could... inflict any... emotional wounds."

There was a long pause before Sakura said, "Thank you."

"Don't mention it. Sorry that I wasn't able to kill him. But, I had to stay and see if you were okay. Once I did, I started off for the castle."

"Living without vengeance is sometimes better than death with it. Besides, maybe I'll get revenge myself, someday"

"Wise information."

There was a long and thoughtful pause. "I heard you mention a castle. I don’t know if you noticed, but we aren't in a castle."

“Oh yes, of course! I know that! We hadn’t reached the castle when I decided that it was critical I tend to your wounds.”

She looked down at herself. She had bandages around both arms and her left leg. There was also a large wrap around her stomach and her left arm was in a sling. Damn. I got beat up pretty bad! Strange though, it doesn’t hurt all that much.

As if by magic, Akira stated, “I gave you an opiate to help dull the pain from your wounds. You got beaten pretty badly. Lot’s of cuts and bruises, but you also got a nasty gash on your leg, an arrow wound on your back, and one of your arms is broken”

“Oh. You shouldn’t have told me that. All the pain is kinda comin’ back now. Ow.” With a deep sigh, Sakura lay back down.

“Don’t worry. You’re a demon. The wounds will heal in a few days”.

“It’s hard to get used too.“ After a sigh Sakura asked, “So, are we going back to the castle?”

“Yes. Tomorrow morning we shall finish our journey there. It isn’t far, especially because, we’re going to fly and…”

“FLY?! You can fly!?!?!?”

“Yes. Most inu-youkai can summon a cloud to fly upon.

“Ooooh. Can I do that?”

“Well, you’re a hanyou. So, you probably won’t be able too. I don’t know, though. It is possible. But, I’ve only seen 1 half-demon that could do it.”

“And who was it?”

“Your mother.”

“But my mother was a human; Ayame told me so.”

“Ayame was mistaken; probably because she wasn’t stationed at the castle where your father lived. Not many people at the main castle knew your mother. She was only around for a short time before she left with your father.

“You knew my mother then?”

“Yes. I knew her. She was a wonderful person. Really nice and happy all the time; you would of liked her. "

"I take it no one knows where she is either?"

“Nope."

"Oh."

Akira, trying to change the subject, said, “We will continue our journey in the morning. You should eat something, then rest. He handed her a bowl of the stew.

“Yes, I suppose you are right.” She took the bowl and ate her meal. “Well, I am going to sleep. Good night.”


“Good night then”. With a swipe of his hand, Akira put the fire out.

Woah! I’ll have to ask him how he did that. And with a final yawn, Sakura fell into a deep asleep.

____________________________________________________

The next morning…

"Wake up!"

Sakura rubbed her eyes and sat up.

"We need to be going now!"

"What about food?"

"We will eat once we get to the castle."

"Okay."

"Here’s your shirt and your fire rat vest/ shirt thing." He tossed her the items.

Sakura looked down, she wasn't wearing her shirt anymore. Instead, there was a fur wrapped around her torso. Wah!!!! He saw me without a shirt on?!? Oh my god. This is sooooo embarrassing."

Either she was blushing furiously or Akira was psychic, because he then said, "Sorry. I had to take them off to bandage your cuts and the arrow wound. Also, to put your arm in the sling."

"Oh... hehe. Okay" She quickly ducked behind a tree and put her garments back on. When she was done she came back and gave the furs to Akira.

"I don't really feel like carrying these back. The only reason I had them, was because on our way to your village, a few of the soldiers spotted some animals to eat. These were the left over furs."

"So, just leave them here?"

"Yes. Come, take my hand."

Sakura put the furs down, then grabbed Akira's hand. An orange cloud started to appear under there feet. Slowly, they rose up into the air and started to fly west.

_________________________________________________________

Flying above the treetops, on an orange cloud...

"When we get to the castle, I want you to stay by me. We are going to go strait in to see Lord Sesshoumaru. You are to talk to no one. I don't want you to socialize or interact with anyone until we talk to Sesshoumaru."

"Alright! Hey! Akira, If InuTaishou is dead, shouldn't Lord Sesshoumaru be the new InuTaishou?"

"Yes; technically he is. But, he doesn't want to be called that. Not many people know this, but he doesn't like to follow any traditions his father did, unless absolutely necessary."

"Oh. Why is that?"

"I think that he is still mad at his father for mating a human."

"So, he doesn't like humans?"

"Nope, not at all! He hates half-breeds just as much."

"Oh. That's great news for me!"

"Don't worry, he will probably leave you alone, because of who you are."

"Let's hope so."

Sakura remembered that she wanted to ask Akira about the fire. "Akira?"

"Yes?"

"I wanted to ask you something."

"Okay! Ask away."

"How did you put the fire out, last night?"

"I'm a inu-youkai and I am fire based."

"What does that mean?"

"Every demon has a base. It's what most of their powers resemble. I am fire based, so most of my powers have to do with fire."

"Oh, so controlling an existing fire is one of your powers?"

Akira nodded. "That's right."

"What's my base?"

"I don't know. It's a hereditary thing, so you are probably what one of your parents were. Your mother was ice based, and your father was thunder-fire based, just like your grandfather."

"Thunder-fire?"

"Yes, it's a unique base; the only base that consists of more than one element. It's very likely that you have the thunder-fire powers, but I'm guessing that you are ice based, because you look like your mother, not your father or InuDaichi. We will find out when you begin your training."

"Training?"

"If you are going to stay at the castle, you are going to have to train to fight."

"Oh." Sakura hadn't really thought about what she was going to do once she arrived at the castle. I guess I didn't really expect that I would be able to go back to my village, but still.... I suppose I will just have to wait and see. Before she could contemplate her life any more, Akira interrupted her.

"Is that all?"

"Hm? What? Oh yes. Wait! Why you called my grandfather InuDaichi, instead of InuAkido. Come to think of it, Ayame did too!"

"Well, technically his title was InuAkido, but he was a really friendly man. He like people to be a little more familiar with him, so he had them call him InuDaichi."

"His first name was Daichi?"

"Yup."

___________________________________________________________< br>
A Short Time Later...


"Just over this hill is the main castle. There are some things that I need to tell you before we arrive."

Sakura wasn't listening. She was staring at the biggest castle she had ever seen. It was set in a large valley with many trees. It had dark blue tiled roofs and was made from the most beautiful red wood. The thing was gigantic! It was at least 5 times as big as the largest castle she had ever seen. It was surrounded by giant stone walls and had large, vast open areas in between the walls and the buildings.

"Yes, I know its amazing, but you must pay attention!"

Sakura's awe stricken trance ended. "Huh? Oh. What? IT'S HUGE!!"

"Demon castles are way bigger and very different from any human castles of this world."

"I can see that!"

By this time, they were landing a few hundred yards from the gate of the castle. “I have to tell you a few things."

"Okay."

"While in the presence of soldiers, court people, or anyone else, you must address me as InuAkira..."

"So you did the same thing as my grandpa?!"

"Yes. Also, Sakura Takendo..."

"Yes?"

"... is no longer your name. No one is to call you by that anymore, no matter who they are. I know it's strange. Your name is important to you, but it has to change. Your past life is over. You are an inu-youkai now; one of royal status, for that matter! We'll talk more, after we sort out what to do with you."

By this time they had arrived at the gate. It was a giant gate with the Taishou house crest painted on it.

Before Sakura could look closely at the crest, Akira pushed her through the small opening the guards had made.

Sakura looked around. The grounds were massive! However, the view was quickly fading, because many demons were starting to gather around her and Akira.

"InuAkira! You are back!"

"Yes. Please go tell Aya that I am back and ask her to arrange a room in the royal wing."

"Yes sir!" The guard ran off to perform his assignment.

"This isn’t working! People are swarming to see you!"

"You mean, they know who I am?"

"Yup! Damnit! Okay, to go the fast way!" Akira picked Sakura up, jumped over the crowds head, and sprinted for the castle. As soon as he reached the giant doors wooden doors he put Sakura down. The double doors had a giant engraved scene of a huge dog demon, battling with all kinds of other youkai.

"Follow me." He lead her through the main entry way and through a series of halls.

This place is gigantic! How am I ever going to find my way around?!

Eventually, they arrived outside a beautiful looking door with a guard standing next to it. "Is Lord Sesshoumaru here?"

"No. He went to take lunch with General Aya."

"Ah. Will you please go get him for me? Tell him Akira is back."

"Yes, my lord!"

Akira lead her into a large study/ office like room. "Sit down and we will wait for Sesshoumaru."

Sakura sat in one of the 3 chairs that faced an elegantly carved desk.

"You need to be respectful and composed around Lord Sesshoumaru. He's already not going to like you because you're a half-breed."

"Okay. Hey Akira?"

"Yes?"

"Since, my father was a full demon, and my mother was a half-demon, shouldn't I be a 3/4's demon?"

"You are, but it's to wordy. No one likes to say 3/4's demon! So, people will probably just call you a half-demon."

Before either of them could say anything else, one of the doors behind them opened. In a cold and elegant voice, a man spoke. "Well, well. If it isn't the second Akido half-breed?"