InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's been too long.. ❯ Ch.7: Colorblind ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or any of the following shit from the show. Viz and Rumiko Takashi are the owners. Don't bitch.


The sun rose, and so did everyone with it. The smell of fish filled the air and a very very sleepy Kagome covered her nose under her blanket. "Ewwwwww" she moaned. "Kagome, are you awake yet?" Sango beckoned from outside. "The fish is done!" Kagome got up and walked outside. She was clad in pajama pants covered in skulls and a white beater. As she walked outside, she covered her nose and made a disgusting face. "I'll NEVER be ready for this shit." She walked up to the group. "I think I'll pass.." she looked down at the boiling fish. "Suit yourself." Miroku said, as they all devoured the foul smelling fish.

"Where's Inuyasha?" She asked. "I'm right here, wench." A voice came from behind her and she turned around slowly. "Call me wench again and we'll all see how thick your skull really is." She said, growling under her breath. Miroku and Sango gave eachother a look and watched, still eating.

"Keh." Inuyasha walked to his tree and leaned against it. "Hurry it up. I gotta tell you all somethin'.'"

They all quickly ate and listened in. "Here's how it is.." he paused, "I had the Jewel and.." Kagome interrupted. "WHAT?! You HAD the jewel?!" He gave her a death glare and she shut up. "As I was sayin'..I had it and I was tricked into something. Now it's gone..I know who has it but not where." He paused once more and continued. "A man named Mal. A friend of the late Naraku." Inuyasha made a disgusted face, as if his name was poison.

"What trick could you have possibly fallen for?" Miroku inclined.

"That's none of your fucking buisness, monk." He stood up straight and looked Kagome straight in the eyes..a look that almost broke her heart right there. "We'll leave whenever you're ready." She didn't think he meant her in general, but that look..there were no words for it..

Kagome walked in the hut and went through her bag. She placed new gauges in her ears. They weren't filled in the middle, so a huge hole occupied the middle of her ears. She put in Monroe, tounge and hip peircings and then went for the clothing. She pulled out cutoff jeans with holes right under her butt, slipped on a red tank top and put on a black torture belt with red stars. She slipped on her converse, did her makeup and hair and went out the door. "Sweet, lets go."

Inuyasha took a second to stare before calling for Sango, Miroku and Shippou. They came out moments later. Inuyasha turned around to see Kagome walking 15 feet ahead. "Oi punkass get the hell back here." Kagome kept walking. "Suck me," she responded.

Inuyasha ran up to her side and the others followed a few feet behind them.

"Things are different." Inuyasha said.
"Well no shit. Ten ponts for you not being blind."
"That's not what I meant, god dammit!"
She looked over to him and smiled. "I know."

----------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwh ile, in the woods nearby..

"I'm tired of your games Mal." A cold voice spoke.
"I'm tired of having to paly them Kikyo. I just need reassurance that the newcomer will not be a problem."
"The force feild isn't for humans."
"She won't be human for long." Mal spoke deviously and vanished.
Kikyo looked past the trees and wood and watched them walk by with loath. 'I detest the living.'

With that final thought, she slipped away, into the depth of the forest.

---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
< br> Inuyasha's ears perked.
"You hear something?" Kagome asked.
"Uh.." Inuyasha put his nose to the air and honed in his ears....

Nothing.


"Keh..damn birds." Inuyasha lept ahead leaving Kagome to walk alone with her headset. A good song came on and she smiled again and started humming along.

Here comes the sadness that I miss so much That lonely aching comes from every touch I've grown accustomed to the grays and blacks Because they're always coming back (coming back) Sit down for supper, won't you dine with me Or can't you handle seeing all I see I've grown to colorblind to cease my bitching And I've grown to love the pain And I move too slow and I think too fast And the first rainbow I see will be the last.Too slow and I think too fast And the first rainbow I see will be the last.Here comes a view I've seen a million times Here comes a boring song with thoughtless rhymes I know you're sick of me so tell me here Because you could have be the one To make it all disappear.But I move too slow and I think too fast And the first rainbow I see will be the last.Too slow and I think too fast And the first rainbow I see will be the last.1, 2, 3, 4

Before the song could end, Kagome paused it.

"Inuyasha.." She beckoned. He was by her side in an instant. "Yeah?"
"If you had the jewel, why can't I feel it's presence still with you..?
"Umm.." Inuyasha hesitated telling her, but couldn't stop himself. "I had Kikyo hold it for me."

Kagome's heart sank. "Oh.." Her ton of voice lowered and she pretended to turn her iPod back on. He got the same feeling and jumped back up to his spot in the group.



'Maybe I'm supposed to feel this way..'






[A/N: Heyyyy. Sorry 'bout the hiatus and whatever. Read my last post in here and It'll explain. I'll be wrting the next chapter later tonight. Beware of Koga, comeing soon. (; Haha. Peace love and gap. REVIEW, REVIEW, REVIEW.]