InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's been too long.. ❯ Ch.11: Gravity ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own them, blah blah blah.. ;D





Kagome stood on the stage as signaled the thatre owners to wheel a piano onto the stage. She smiled slightly and nodded her band off. Thecrowed gre silent as Kagome opened her mouth to speak, but instead, she closed it and walked over to the piano. She sat down and put her mike on the stand. With that, she closed her eyes and let go.



Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.
No matter what I say or do.. I'll still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone.

You hold me without touch.
You keep me without chains.
I never wanted anything so much than to drown in your love and not feel your rain.



Inuyasha held his breath as he listened to her sing. This was a very soft side he hasn't seen in a long time. He looked over to Miroku and Sango and noticed they were also entranced.



Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me...and all over me.

You loved me 'cause I'm fragile.
When I thought that I was strong.
But you touch me for a little while and all my fragile strength is gone..

Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me...and all over me.

I live here on my knees as I try to make you see that you're everything I think I need here on the ground.
But you're neither friend nor foe though I can't seem to let you go.
The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down..




Inuyasha wanted to hold her and apologize. He wanted nothing more. He smelled salt in his nose and shot up to look at her to find..she wasn't crying. Searching for the culprit, he found more then expected. A majority of the crowed was crying and holding the ones they came with. Kagome stood as the curtains closed and everyone was left in a stupor.


That didn't last long. Seconds later, a rush of people ran to the front door, hopefully catching a glimpse of the band as they left.



-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------



Meanwhile, Kagome and her band were in their dressing room.


"Good show Kag." said Ly, her drummer and friend. "Thanks man." She smiled. She was feeling better since her incident with Inuyasha at the door and decided that it's better to just forgive and forget. Ben, the bassist, barged into the room. "OI!" He greeted with a large grin. "Sick as fuck! After partys?! Anyone, anyone?!" Kagome laughed and kidnly declined, noting she had friends in town and they had plans."Come on Kag, we're the looks in the group, we gotta get the fuck out there!" He checked himself out in the mirror. "Shut up, shit stain." Vix said in annoyance from the couch, but smiled. "You got nothin' on me." Vix was the back up guitarist and only girl other then Kagome in the band.


"This has been cool but I gotta find my friends and get goin'." Kagome bid her band goodbye, grabbed her keys and left.




Inuyasha, Miroku and Sango had been waiting at the back door for Kagome. "Where the hell is she?" Inuyasha asked inpatiently. Miroku answered with a hunch of his shoulders, but turned to peck Sango on the cheek. "What the.."


"Someone's got ants in their pants." Kagome said as she walked up to them. "FINALLY." Inuyasha said, over-dramatically. "Finallyyyy." Kagome mimiced him as she smiled and opened the door. This time, she didn't hold it. She didn't want to see what would happen the second time.


As they walked to their car, a mob of fans came over the barracades, towards them. "Fuck. Get in." She demanded. She jogged to the drivers seat and before they were blocked off, she peeled out.



--------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------



The car ride was generally silent, but not awkward. By the time they arrived home, it was quarter after 1 and everyone was exhausted. She silently opened the door and found a note from her mother. It read,

'Kagome,
Went over to grandpas for tonight so I won't bug your friends and you ;)
I'll see you later, call if you need me.
Have fun!
I love you,
Kia.



"Well, we're sleeping here tonight so I guess I gotta get you all something to sleep in." She nodded to herself and ran upstairs and started throwing clothes towards her friends. She threw two pairs of her brothers plad pajama pants, red for Inuyasha and purple for Miroku. She brought Sango up to change and gave her a pair of pink boxers with black dots on them with a black t-shirt while Kagome put on plain black boxers with a White Stripes t-shirt. The girls made sure they were decent, then headed down to the living room.


"Wanna watch a movie or something?" Kagome asked.


"...Moo-vee?"


Kagome laughed at Sango and quickly explained what a movie was. Interested, her friends were eager to watch one. She picked out Sweeny Todd. The gang watched the movie in silence. Sango sat on Miroku's lap on the left side of the couch and Inuyasha sat to the right of Kagome. When the movie was over, Kagome noticed her friends were yawning so they decided to turn off the T.V. Sango quickly fell asleep and with a kidd to her forehead, Miroku did too. Kagome and Inuyasha decided to lay a good distance away on the floor, giving their other friends the couch. Inuyasha refused to use a blanket or pillow, saying he would 'keep watch'. Kagome tried to tell him there was no demons in her time, but he refused to believe it and let Kagome drift off.



--------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------



"Hmmm.." Kagome mumbled in her sleep. Inuyasha was at her side instantly. "Inuyasha.." He blushed and looked intently at her as she opened her eyes. But without another word, she pulled him down and kissed him. Inuyashas eyes widened greatly, but soon he kissed her back. The kiss ended quickly and Kagome blushed. She didn't really understand why she did that but..it felt so right. Thinking back to what happened before the concert, her heart fell. Seeing the pain and sadness that flashed in her eyes, he knew what she thought about.


"I never loved her.." he whispered. A small smile came to Kagome's face as both let down the hard sheilds they've been putting up for so long and fell asleep together..

fingers entwined.




[A/N: Awwwww, I know. ;) Finally. Haha. REVIEWWWWW! I'll be writing more very soon..unless...the review stop!]