InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's been too long.. ❯ Ch. 13: Are You Happy Now? ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Owned by RT and Viz, I don't own Inuyasha and co. Blah blah blah, disclaimer disclaimer blah. :D







Kagome turned on her heels, following her friends towards the empty village. She felt as if everything was just a puzzle lately. Kagome was willing to be strong like always, but sometimes..just sometimes..she needed to let it out. She stopped, shaking quietly, and waiting for her friends to get a good distance ahead of her. A few seconds later, she ran off to the river. "It's time to let go.." she whispered to herself as she went.

Miroku looked back just in time to see her slip away. "Well..I'm going to go for a walk."

"Oi, we needa clean up all this shit that asshole left for us." Inuyasha said, pointing to the blood strewn on the houses.

"I'll be right back Inuyasha, I just need to meditate." Without a response, he left.

She sat on the bank of the river and let out a deep sigh. 'If he never left then everything would be the way it's suposed to be.' she thought. She felt like no matter how hard she tried with her mother, she could never make he happy. Not like her dad could. Something always brought Kagome back to her father. Not physically..but mentally. She was attached.



---------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------


FLASHBACK

"Daddy!" A ivory haired little girl ran into her fathers arms. It was quarter to midnight as a cab pulled up to the Higurashi household. "Isn't it past your bed time, darling." his voice wavered a bit as he kissed her on the forhead. "Time to go to bed, I'll see you in the morning." He gestured the cab driver to get his bags. "Daddy, where are you going..?" She clasped tightly to his coat in one hand and her blanket in the other.

"I'm going somewhere tonight, but I'll be home in the morning." he stood and got in the car. "I love you.." he said as he dovw away.

The little girl was confused but as she looked back to her home, her mother was waiting for her to come back inside. "Mommy.."

"Shh." her mother ushered her inside. Days went by and Kagome realized he wasn't her dad anymore. All he was, and still is, is a liar. He wasn't coming back and he never will.

And after years and years of coping, she realized something else.

She would always love the man she used to call her father..even if he stopped loving her.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------



Kagome had a steady flow of tears falling fown her pale cheeks by now. With a cold inhale, she sang.



Maybe I'd be better on my own
No one ever seems to understand me
It's easier for me to be alone
But there's still a piece of me that feels so empty
I've been all over the world
I've seen a million different places
But through the crowds and all the faces
I'm still out there looking for you.

Where are you now?
I'm trying to get by with never knowing at all
What is the chance of finding you out there?
Or do I have to wait forever?

I write about the things I'll never know
And I can't find a moment just to slow down
It makes me think I'll never have the chance
To figure out what it's all about
So tell me what it's all about.

Where are you now?
I'm trying to get by with never ever knowing at all
And I still don't know
Where are you now?
I'm trying to get by with never ever knowing at all
What is the chance of finding you out there?
Or do I have to wait..
Or do I have to wait..
Or do I have to wait forever?


She sniffled he worries away and straightened up. She was done with how she felt and as she stood, a small smile played across her lips. But not for long. Kagome was grabbed from behind and knocked unconscious. Her attacker tossed her onto the back of their horse and sped away.
Sadly, when Miroku approached the river..he just wasn't in time to stop him.





[A/N: REVIEWS!#!%% Haha. Keep em' coming and I'll keep these ^ coming! Peace!!]