InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Jade ❯ Engagement? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 2
Engagement?
Its 7:59 and the world is waking up. Its summer so I'm not surprised that the sun wakes two hours after me. As I lay in bed, I watch my sister sleep and in the other room, listen to my brother snore. I felt my heart play at a fading winter tune.
At the rustling in a separate room, I shot up my ears twitching for any other noise. Finding none, I decided it was past time to get up.
 I made a beeline for the kitchen looking for any food last midnight's dinner.
Catfish lay in a lone bowl on the clear counter with two, three pieces of bread covering it. I had gone to bed early so anything made was a surprise to me. I shook my head, definitely my dad's choice. Grabbing a piece to nibble on I searched for a computer. The penthouse was quiet. Everything was still under the windows natural blue glow, including mom's computer. I turned on the screen ignoring the doggy eared screen saver. I checked my stories to see if anyone reviewed them, checked e-mail and fan sites for messages. Only my friends, Kagura and Sango, sat in the mail box. I read through them: Yo morning miko. Nice pick up with the new guy. Anyway you wanna go 2 the mall? - windangel
Hey miko. That was great yesterday! The way you dissed him gold ; ) Wanta go to the mall? Kagura's taking me - demonslayer151
I thought about it for sec before messaging back: Thx guys! I'd love to go! Pick me up 11:00. I'll be ready. - mikogirl25
I got a quick bath threw on clothes and shoes. Before I knew it it was 11:00. A blue Impala was parked outside the house with Sango's head out the window. I threw my waking family a kiss and a “bye” as I rushed out the door. “To the mall” I commanded kiddingly as I climbed in.
“Yes mam” saluted Kagura and a chuckling Sango.
I grinned as she put the pedal to metal, soaring past any and every car. I about cheered as we made to the mall lot in 5 min flat. “New record!” I refereed.
Kagura punched her fist in the air, immediately jerking it down. Sango and I both laughed before helping her out.
?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?
Kagura suckled her injured knuckle as Sango window shopped in the most gothic stores. Some of which made me scared enough to forget why I was here: to have fun with my best friends.
 Out of the store came Sango, her pouty look rivaling Kagura's “Prices! I hate prices” mumbled Sango. We walked another 5 min until they stopped suddenly, mesmerized. I followed their glazes to… Shessomau Tiashio.
I turned to go the go the other way when… “Hey Higurashi”
This time I stuck in my tracks giving him time to catch up
“What Tiashio” I bit out
Woh woh” his hands went up in surrender. “I wanted to make-up to you for yesterday”
I blinked. My friends came behind him listening in on us
“How `bout tomorrow? I'll buy dinner. “
I blinked again before I realized “…Are you asking me out?”
 “No only as friends” I wasn't fooled. A hint of smirk betrayed him. I thought for a sec before my lips gained a smirk of their own. Kagura and Sango backed away knowing what it meant. “Of course. IF I get to pick.”